[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I recently started doing a brief workout every morning with a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: dumbell-barbell.jpg (7KB, 290x174px) Image search: [Google]
dumbell-barbell.jpg
7KB, 290x174px
I recently started doing a brief workout every morning with a dumbbell. I sit on the side of the bed and lift with each arm for a few minutes.

I don't strain myself, but for some reason my arms are aching even the day after, particularly the elbows.

What's the deal, here? Is this to be expected, or do I have bad form?
>>
>>38988803
combination of doms and your joints not being used to exercise. keep at it, eat micronutrients and shit.
>>
>>38988803
>every morning

there's your problem

give yourself time to recover
>>
>>38988803
do you literally just do curls? hahahaha holy shit lmao

read the sticky and go to a fuckig gym
>>
Yes, it is quite normal.
But you need to push yourself much harder- beyond pain- you should have difficulty moving the muscle and need to stretch it for a day or two afterwards.
It's like boiling water. If you raise the temperature, not high enough, the water won't BOIL.
You must push yourself to BOILING POINT, not less than that, otherwise you're wasting your energy.
>>
File: 1468255152781.jpg (15KB, 200x303px) Image search: [Google]
1468255152781.jpg
15KB, 200x303px
>>38988982
>>
>>38988982
autistic way to put it but basically true. also do something else than just curls for gods sake. at least push ups or bodyweight squats or something
>>
>>38988994
>not spartan
>will never pass threshold of pain or effort
>will never boil
>can't even make tea
>>
>>38988941
Fair enough.

>>38988958
My elbows are sending that message loud and clear. It's as if they were bruised. I skipped this morning, we'll see how tomorrow goes.

>>38988963
I'm not interested in pissing contests, anon. I am getting fit in a manner that fits my schedule and circumstances.

I intend to expand my range of exercises after my arms become halfway fit, since most exercises presuppose that you can do them without near-instant physical pain.
>>
>>38989050
it's all mental, buddy.
Discipline = Beyond Pain
But everyone else is right: do squats, pressups, etc.
>>
>>38989050
Understand that you have separate muscles.in your arms

If you repeatedly do only one exercise, you repeatedly only work one part of your arm. With no rest your muscles don't have time to heal and you're going to fuck your arms up.

Look into dumbell presses, side raises, shoulder press, hammer curls, etc.
>>
>>38989050
>not interested in pissing contests
>literally only does curls
curls are primarily a vanity exercise. biceps help stabilize some heavy compound lifts but you're not doing those either so you're literally just trainin' gunz. if you don't think you have time to workout properly at least choose something that makes sense. curls should never be your first choice. they're fine in addition to more important exercises.
>>
Read the sticky faggot
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.