[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your career/job? Or what are you studying? Are you happy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: work-life-balance.jpg (49KB, 1024x1016px) Image search: [Google]
work-life-balance.jpg
49KB, 1024x1016px
What is your career/job? Or what are you studying?

Are you happy? Are you interested in whatever you're doing?

Are you able to eat, lift, and sleep well?

The reason I ask is because I chose to go into computer engineering. I did it for the money and I go to a pretty good school. I do not like it. It is sucking up my time and energy. I feel like I messed up big time. I feel like I'm developing depression too.
>>
Anyone? Just need some advice.
>>
That's called a job. They suck.
>>
>>38985355

Fuck you

>>38985127

And fuck you too OP
>>
I work as a safety and security officer and studiying computer science atm.
I'm pretty happy with my life and I'm proud of where I am so far having in mind that English is not my primary language and had to learn it back in high school.
I think you might have fucked up picking a career based solely on money. You'd hardly be happy if you get work in your field and if you decide not to, a good job is almost out of sight. Just start studying whatever you actually like, most of the classes you took for computer engineering will still count so it's not really like you'll start all over again.
Get a hobby too friendo, jobs will always suck your energy and they're rarely enjoyable, a hobby will help you fight depression.
>>
Training to be a chef. I enjoy learning about food and different preparations, but fuck is it hard work.

Long hours sweating my ass off in a kitchen, late nights, little sleep, shit money.

I wake up, drink coffee, lift, drink more coffee and then go to the restaurant for the rest of the day 6 days a week.

Pretty happy overall, but I'm going to have to do something about making more money very soon because I can't work this profession for ever. It's very physically and mentally demanding
>>
Have you ever programmed? I went into CS and enjoy programming for the most part.

As a software engineer there's a good design/business component as well so my work has variety and pays well.
>>
>>38985127
8-5 in a woodworking shop.
I lift slabs of 16 ft wood every day.
Partly why I wanted to get big/strong.
>>
studying mech eng here

at first i was thinking that i made a mistake getting into this, but nowadays it isn't that bad, physics is fun

however the lack of girls and social life sometimes fuck up your mind, but it has nothing to do with the career itself
>>
>>38985127
unemployed teacher, here
you now need to compete against the rest of the world for the job you want, so study something that is needed in the place you want to live
>>
Professionaal shitposter but I also do some job I can get paid a good amount of money from and call in sick or take time off of at any point.

Would probably do some artsy bullshit if I had money and time, photography, music, editing, etc. I was getting bored of shitposting at home and was going to write a horror short story the other day...still might. I used to be a really good writer and came up with a bunch of movie ideas also.

If I didn't know better and wasn't aware of ramifications of life I would say Attack Helicopter or Fightet Pilot and just live vicariously through the HUD.

Lift early in the morning, eat as much or as little as I want when I want. Take supps that optimize natural hormone levels and BCAAs

I'd rather just be rich and fuck 9/10's all day on a warm beach.
>>
File: 1471235042602.jpg (27KB, 515x600px) Image search: [Google]
1471235042602.jpg
27KB, 515x600px
I'm studying criminal justice , i want to become a fed at some point but also feel like some fucking idiot for studying something sociology based. I love what im studying but feel like it's probably stupid af due to only reading about STEM fags on the chan.
Aside from that life's pretty shit. I'm stalling on my lifts and dont know how much longer I can afford rent due to having a garbage job and being unable to find another.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.