[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey i'm thinking of joining a gym but i'am too afraid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

hey
i'm thinking of joining a gym but i'am too afraid to meet fucking 9/10 chad people with big muscle i'm skinny 17 imc how can i overcome that
how was ur first day at gym anons
>>
Remember that nobody fucking cares. They are doing their own thing and they have always seen worse. Get some music and earplugs and you will quickly completely block out everything that is happening around you.
>>
don't worry in a couple years you'll be older
>>
>>38983930
Hes got natty gains OP. I don't get it.
>>
Nobody really cares about you unless you're a living meme, anon. Follow an actual routine and go to the gym 3-4 times a week.
After a while some of the regulars might even comment on your growth and give you pointers. Before you know it, you're a regular yourself.

Just go, man. See for yourself. The gym is not scary.
>>
Don't be a bitch
>>
Fat muslim guy in traditional dress and large coat doing single arm rows, 80 year old walking round the changing room naked, twinks using their body momentum to get their lat raises higher...

you will not be the worst thing in there, just go.
>>
if anyone says anything they're dicks

just dont embarass yourself, ask for a spot on bench and go below parallel on squats.
>>
My first time at the gym it was pretty okay, nothing happened then or since. Just make sure you know how to use the equipment and if you're unsure then ask for help. It's easy to not look like an idiot, just do some research prior to going.

Also, it's generally quite rare for people to come across assholes; and usually the dudes with the huge muscles are just passionate about what they do and are understanding. Just go, anon, stop making excuses.
>>
have the same problem but I am actually in south Syria (I hate Daesh) since my cousin isnt going anymore
lots of yobbos there
>>
I used to go the gym as a 16 year old and thought I was top shit

Looking back my form was the worst fucking thing ever,
my workout plan was virtually non existant (today I'll do dumbell press, lat raises and leg presses, tomorrow I'll do seated row, bicep curls and abs)

Just make sure you're not a retard like I was
>>
Literally nobodies gives a fuck. Just don't anything stupid like curling in the squat rack and you'll be fine
>>
>>38983930
You see, gym is like any other club, people like when somebody sincerely ones to join their club.
>>
I can't believe that people are still fucking worried about this. You're getting judged everywhere we go, if you're at the gym at least you're making an effort to improve yourself and people will still be judging even if you're the biggest dude there. Be a man and stop giving a shit about what people think and do what you want. Go to the gym with a routine in mind and be confident, no one is going to bother you.
>>
File: 1475076192374.jpg (9KB, 240x215px) Image search: [Google]
1475076192374.jpg
9KB, 240x215px
Honestly the good looking ripped guys are usually very approachable, they have had alot of positivity directed at them so they are pumped full of good vibes, it is the manlets and the ones who just broke out of DYEL mode who I have found to be the biggest shitheads and if they for whatever reason don't like you they usually make themselves more annoyed about it than they will make you.
>be me 6'0 didnt have a spotter so i left my bench unclipped and when i failed i dropped the weights on the floor
>roughly 5'5 manlet storms over and rants at me about the dangers of what i just did
>'ahh sorry wee man wont do it again'
>MFW now he mutters under his breath and turns red with anger every time he sees me
>>
I joined a gym at 16. Wasn't exactly intimidated by the free weight area, but the trainer that I had a free session with when I joined made it sound like I want ready for that area.

So I spent about 6 months in a little closed off area of machines that were used mostly by overweight middle aged women doing circuit training.

With noob gains and being one of the few males who used those machines I quickly became king of the circuit machines and would have jaundiced, cellulite-ridden women mire my lifts daily. I had to start using my drink bottle to add an extra 0.75kg to the little stack of weight on the leg curl and such. Gained a lot of confidence.

But it was all obviously meaningless. I was still weak as shit. Wasting my high test pubertal noob gains with old women memes.

Eventually graduated mentally. Walked into free weight area. Adult men grunting and dropping weight with loud crashes. People actually sweating. Noone buying oreos to pass around between each other as they halfheartedly did quarter rom movements on machines.

Two chads who were obviously from local university nodded to me. Said good for you man.
>>
>>38983930
>i'm skinny 17
get under aged b&
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.