[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /fit/ After some time at the gym, I've come to notice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: untitled.png (18KB, 672x560px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
18KB, 672x560px
Hey /fit/
After some time at the gym, I've come to notice a distinct abundance of kettlebells. Is there some sort of secret kettlebell gains club I'm missing out on?
Should I always be carrying an emergency kettlebell?
It seems like everything people are doing at my gym incorporates kettlebells in some way, to the point where I was basically surrounded by people swinging kettlebells

so, /fit/, is there a secret kettlebell strategy i've been missing?
>pic related
>>
>>38983249
kettlebells are fucking autistic if you arent a combat athlete/ PT / mobility exercising

they're mostly used by white suburban soccer moms following the newest fad routine
>>
>>38983249
I don't know actually, I've noticed too that all commercial gyms I've been to have a bunch of kettlebells. However, I never see anyone using them.
>>
>>38983326
>>38983260
All the personal trainers at my gym seem to use them for everything. They basically whack them into any routine they can. Are they just doing it to make the people who are paying them feel tired so they feel like they're getting a good workout or what?
>>
>>38983349
it's a fad, like resistance bands in crossfit or those weird ankle strap things runners use

there's no benefit to using kettlebells, unless training for high rep explosiveness
>>
>>38983365
Resistance bands are pretty useful for stretching and stuff
>>
>>38983349
PTs like stuff that make people feel the burn and exhaustion. it keeps the clients happy, even if it's not very productive training.
>>
>>38983375
yes, that's true

but i've watched crossfitters tie kettlebells to the ends of their barbells with resistance bands and then squat them
>>
There's really no difference in using a kettlebell than a dumbell for certain exercises. I goblet squat with them and do shoulder raises with them.
>>
File: tmp_8995-fanatics403992812.png (9KB, 144x235px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_8995-fanatics403992812.png
9KB, 144x235px
Aspiring goblin fanatics in training
>>
>>38983408
Actually that kind of stuff seems to have some application, that is usually very, very specific work for top tier powerlifters and some weightlifters.
>>
>>38983462
wait, that shit is legit?

what's it for?
>>
>>38983474
not him but that's is a very unstable load, so it probably causes your trunk to work more and in different ways that you're not used to.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.