[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a month in and my OHP has been 80-85lbs x 5 reps for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 4sipscmon.jpg (171KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
4sipscmon.jpg
171KB, 1024x1024px
I'm a month in and my OHP has been 80-85lbs x 5 reps for 2 weeks now. Am I stalling because my other lifts are shit?

>bench: 105
>squat: 100
>deadlift: lmao1pl8
>rdl: 115
>>
>>38980194
>squat 100

How
>>
>>38980216
weak legs and lower back, also I have no muscle mass. 6'1, 160lbs
>>
Your OHP is way too high in relation to your other lifts actually.

As weak as it is, it is your strongest lift. Don't worry about it going up, just keep lifting.
>>
Couple obvious questions:
You eating more than enough?
You sleeping enough?
You have any injuries?
You scared of hurting yourself from lifting?

Assuming you're doing SS (probably not though, seeing that Romanian deadlift number) and in the age group 18-30, your total progress is a bit too slow.
>>
>>38980393
>You eating more than enough?
pretty sure I am, haven't been counting calories though
>You sleeping enough?
I usually get only 5 hours sleep at night but balnce it off with ~1-2hrs during the day. Uni has been hard for me.
>You have any injuries?
no
>You scared of hurting yourself from lifting?
Yes, but only with squats and deadlifts. My lower back is super weak and felt weird after doing 1pl8 deads. I haven't done deadlifts in two weeks now and replaced them with RDL to strengthen my core.
>>
Youre other lifts are way too low.

Its also probably a form issue. Be careful that you arent using your legs at all in the OHP to give urself a little bounce to help get that weight up. You could be cheating the lift which is why its higher in proportion to the others.

Look up form vids for tips on how to improve.
>>
>>38980565
different anon, but start counting, when i started working out about a month ago i thought i was getting enough calories without counting. then one time i tried counting and was only get 1100 on avage... i hope i make it
>>
>>38980607
100% not cheating on OHP, I'm bracing my core and doing it properly. I think it may be higher than my other lifts because instead of squatting every workout, I OHP.

>>38980631
Do you use an app to count calories or do it all by hand? I hope you make it to bro.
>>
Your problem is that you are training like a man
>>
All my lifts are progressing other than OHP, still stuck at 90lbs for like 3 weeks now.
My arnold press is progressing though. Does it mean I have to work on my form?
>>
>>38980194

it might be your form, it might be your weak ass, it might be any of a million things

1. how are you benching more than you squat? sounds like twigs for legs.
2. you OHP ~ as much as me
yet I bench 135, squat 215 and DL 245 for reps.
3. I get you're a month in, but calories count the entire time through bro. not just once you're huge. try counting them and you'll be good.
4. check your form, and make a program
5. recovery is important. I only do each lift once a week. don't OHP too much or you'll injure yourself.
6. I'd be more worried about my legs than my arms tbqh

give me height and weight plz
>>
>>38980248
Ayy I'm 6'1 and 160 as well.

Like others have said count your calories. Given your numbers you need to focus on getting form down, eating, SLEEP and continuing to increase as much as you can when you can.

Get melatonin to help sleep if you need it.
>>
>>38981246

this. I use melatonin from time to time. also 6'1" but I'm about 165-170 lbs
>>
>>38981178
6'1 160-165 lbs

thanks for the tips anons
>>
>>38981178
>only do each lift once per week
Stop giving advice
>>
>>38981246
>>38981364
Are you shilling this guy melatonin because his OHP is stalling?
Get a proper healty fucking life and you won't need that stuff.

>>38980194
Could be your routine. Go find out shit about the 5 factors: frequency, volume, intensity, rest and repspeed.
Get a good routine, strive for perfect form with youtube vids or ask qualified people and don't forget to GET YOUR FUCKING NUTRITION RIGHT
>>
File: superbusy.png (65KB, 183x209px) Image search: [Google]
superbusy.png
65KB, 183x209px
>>38981178
>recovery is important. I only do each lift once a week. don't OHP too much or you'll injure yourself.
you know nothing about lifting, please stop giving other people advice

this is the worst advice ever for pressing fuck me
>>
>>38980656

OHP every workout may be part of your problem. If you aren't getting adequate recovery time then you're just pissing in the wind. Do SS. Don't be a bitch about squats and dl. Start low weight and work up 5-10 lbs per workout as you feel comfortable. Watch Rippetoes videos on form.

Also, advice from a former 6' 2" 150 lb spooky skeleton: drink a protein shake with some carb gainer thrown in every day. It'll help you make up the calories you clearly need.
>>
>>38980194
even when i started i wasn't this shitty.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.