[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to train yourself to do the splits? Do you have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

File: maxresdefault.jpg (97KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
97KB, 1920x1080px
Is it possible to train yourself to do the splits? Do you have to literally rip your muscles if you can barely do a split right now?
>>
>>38974490
it's called stretching friend.
>>
not being able to stretch is just an illusion. If you take relaxants you can stretch like a motherfucker, do a split right now. Nothing there is too stiff, it's just an illusion
>>
>>38974543
what are some good relaxants to take for stretching
>>
>>38974561
Alcohol. Get drunk and do the splits.
>>
>>38974543
wtf are you even saying?
>>
I want to get flexible to the point where I can suck my own dick.
>>
>>38974576

Thats a depressant not a relaxant
>>
File: dlifter.jpg (57KB, 338x385px) Image search: [Google]
dlifter.jpg
57KB, 338x385px
>>38974490

Pavel Tsatsouline
a
v
e
l

>>
>>38974579
which one of the words did you not understand
>>
>>38974561
did a yoga session on meth once

do not recommend
>>
How long and how often should I stretch and how much pain should I be feeling while stretching on a scale of 10?
>>
>>38974695
60 minutes a day, everyday

7/10
>>
>>38974729

Honestly it's this. Also repeat stretches of the actual positions you're trying to improve the most i.e box splits, straddle, pike, front splits
>>
>>38974490
I can do them but i trained taekwondo for 5 years. It takes time like anything else.
>>38974695
10-20 minutes should be ok. 1 hour is unnecessary.
>>
>>38974804
don;t listen to this fucking faggot

20 minutes a day is fine IF YOU'RE ALREADY FLEXIBLE

if you're trying to gain flexibility, that is no where near enough
>>
>>38974811
Who the fuck wants to stretch for an hour every day? And you can build up flexibility with 10-20 minutes a day.
>>
I do 60 minutes of stretching a day but I split it in 3 sessions of 20 minutes, in the morning, in the afternoon and in the night
>>
>>38974833
>who the fuck wants to stretch for an hour every day?
nobody. but that's what it takes

fuck off my fit normalfag
>>
>>38974616
....go on
>>
File: 1475118605617.png (149KB, 600x507px) Image search: [Google]
1475118605617.png
149KB, 600x507px
>stop stretching for two weeks
>lose all gains
>>
>>38974850
Post stretching routine pls
I'm a straight male but I want to be flexible as fuck
>>
>>38974561
Valium
would r8 5/7
>>
>>38974891
Cant suck your own dick anymore?
>>
>>38974863
No it doesnt. If you push yourself you can fo it wothout spending an hour a day ripping your legs apart.
>>
jesus these edgy replies are depressing ... i'm sorry OP it's literally as if you walked into kindergarden class and asked your question... of course you can train and get the split, but it's probably something you don't even need. If you are interested in learning about stretching check out Kit Laughlin, he has a site dedicated to stretching.
>>
>>38974907

seconded. I want to be able to do van damme splits.
>>
>>38974729
I don't think op has a deadline in a few days m9
>>
>>38974490

No, everybody knows that your physique is predetermined by your genetics and you can't train yourself to do anything you already can't.
>>
>>38974729
should I warm up before?
>>
>>38975661
Kit laughlin seconded.
>>
File: th (2).jpg (9KB, 160x234px) Image search: [Google]
th (2).jpg
9KB, 160x234px
>>38974576
>implying you don't practice the art of drunken martial arts
>>
>>38974543
This is true and I wish more people understood it.
>>
>be uni student
>have daily lectures
>kill 2 birds with one stone by stretching while watching lecture on phone
>>
>>38974612
I think he's just calling out your bullshit
>>
>>38974490
>>38974907
https://youtu.be/pfJVhDaKrPw
>>
>>38974490
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-eg3qv1zn4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP9sk890rPQ

Front split for bonus:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErvWKrWlRCs

pic related
>>
>>38974543
well i would not call Muscle tone an illusion, the thing what most people do not understand is that your not stretching or lengthening anything and that there are no "short" muscles
>>
>>38978716
I think he means that muscles tense instinctively to hold themselves into a trained range of motion. So by relaxing, or alternatively by exhausting, muscles you can pull them a lot longer than you might think. It's not so much stretching as it is cognitively making your muscles do what they aren't used to. But there are still ligaments and tendons that will take a lot longer to lengthen so don't think you can just instantly relax into a split. Just that when you're starting off, focus on getting those muscles to stop fighting you and you will get faster results.
>>
Ofc it's possible. You think people are born with split genetics or something
>>
>>38974490
yeah I did it.
>>
>>38974490
With diligence of course it's possible. I'm 36 and went from barely being able to touch my toes without bending my knees to doing standing splits in about a year and a half. And probably could have been quicker if I'd prioritized it more.
>>
>>38978899
Care to share your routine?
>>
>>38978899
teach me everything, senseifamalamadingdong.
>>
>>38978928
>>38979100
Oh my bad, I forgot this thread. I'd recommend you find some videos on the subject because there are a lot out there more useful than anything I'd bang out here. For me it's kinda more an intuitive process than a "routine" exactly because I don't always feel I recover from the stretching at the same speed. Some days I'm good to go the following morning and sometimes I'm so sore I can barely pick stuff up off the floor. I guess I'd say stretch as often as you feel comfortable stretching. Several times a week at least. Sitting straddle stretch is handy, along with forward bends. For a front split or standing split you need quad flexibility and also the front of your hips. Poses like pigeon and King Arthur helped a lot with that. But yeah, there's information out there you just have to actually do it. Keep your focus on relaxing the muscles. They'll tense up if you don't watch it and then you're not really stretching anymore. I'd say it's worth it to develop the flexibility because it makes a lot of movements a lot easier when you're not resisting your own effort with involuntary tension.
>>
>>38979246
Also if you work a muscle until it's completely exhausted and immediately go into a stretch you might find that it's easier to lengthen it. The key to actually increasing flexibility is getting the muscles out of the process so you can actually stretch the connective tissue. If you're only going to the point where your muscles fight you without relaxing them you'll be stuck at that point. As with anything you also need to learn how to feel the angle of your pelvis relative to your spine. Pelvic tilt will make a big difference once you get into some of the more advanced stretches.
>>
>>38978800
Fun fact in complete narkosis they can put everyone into split because there is nothing to lengthen just muscle tone preventing you from the split
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.