[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fit/ can you motivate me to go to the gym and embarrass myself

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

File: 1473380193378.jpg (44KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1473380193378.jpg
44KB, 640x640px
/fit/ can you motivate me to go to the gym and embarrass myself for an hour or two
>>
You're worth it bruh. Just go.

It's a lot better to feel embarrassed than to feel like what if I had gone...
>>
>>38973911
Don't worry, no one is paying attention to you at the gym, they're probably there to work out
>>
>>38973911
Every day, you get older. Your bones weaken, your muscle atrophies, your tendons stiffen. There is no such thing as a fitness plateau. Time ravages all. There is only gains or losses.

Don't let today become a loss.
>>
File: 1473328612673.png (349KB, 1013x1153px) Image search: [Google]
1473328612673.png
349KB, 1013x1153px
Everyone you see had to start somewhere and probably felt the same way when they began
>>
>>38973911

You're embarrassing yourself, your family, and your genetic heritage every day you don't go to the gym or try to improve yourself.

Seriously. Why aren't you lifting? You don't know how to do things perfectly yet? So fucking what, that's why you keep going. The goal is to get better over time, and you won't ever get better if you never try. Even Olympic medalists constantly evaluate themselves and seek out advice from others. Nobel fucking laureates do the same. You can't know everything, but you do have the capacity to learn a lot of shit if you really want to.

Look at yourself in the mirror and ask if you're happy. If you aren't, you're not living to your potential. An hour or two three days a week is a good start and won't kill you. You're more likely to get seriously injured playing badminton than you are with weight training so long as you take things slow.

The question isn't "should I embarrass myself for an hour or two at the gym?", but rather "should I embarrass myself every day I stagnate or decline?". It's going to suck for the first month or so, but if you keep at it you'll learn, get strong, and gain confidence. Little by little you'll be less embarrassed with yourself, and maybe one day you'll even be a proud cunt, but you've got to get over yourself and just fucking go to even get there.
>>
File: hberserk_v026c226p212_copy.jpg (225KB, 754x1100px) Image search: [Google]
hberserk_v026c226p212_copy.jpg
225KB, 754x1100px
Just go, go at night if you have to.I started going around 8 when i knew there would be fewer people, now i go after work around 5 at it's busiest time. I don't even care anymore, want to know why? Because i stopped caring about other people, we're all there lifting no one cares what other people are doing.

I promise if you keep going it'll become a habit and you'll look forward to going and getting a workout in.
>>
>>38973911
I shouldn't have to motivate you desu. Getting to workout is awesome and it makes you feel good! Today is my rest day, so go workout for me :3
>>
File: 1401134809740.png (150KB, 1261x380px)
1401134809740.png
150KB, 1261x380px
>>
File: theproblem.jpg (31KB, 420x268px) Image search: [Google]
theproblem.jpg
31KB, 420x268px
>>38973911
>embarass myself for an hour or two
Get over yourself. No one gives a shit about you. You're not going to the gym to make friends or look tough. The more you go to the gym, the stronger and better you will become. You'll probably never get over your embarrassment if you are constantly pussying out, so just do it.
>>
>>38975099
This. I still go late at night because I like not having to wait for a squat rack or anything, but the more I go, the more I get excited about going. Even when I don't feel like it, I get up and go and on my way there, I start feeling great about getting up and actually doing what I want to be doing.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.