[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I try to do squats with dumbells but can't get my legs past

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 515151.jpg (9KB, 228x216px) Image search: [Google]
515151.jpg
9KB, 228x216px
I try to do squats with dumbells but can't get my legs past a 120 degree angle, is there a way to fix this?
>>
leg press
>>
>>38972340

Leg press to become stronger? I'm only using 9kg dumbells so I doubt it's a strength issue, my legs just don't bend and my thighs go into a painful stiff discomfort when I try to push them down further
>>
>>38972590
Just squat deeper fag
>>
>>38972675

I can't my legs feel too stiff
>>
>>38972590
describe it more.

firstly, how are you holding your dumbbells?
are you trying to stay upright the whole time?
are your feet close together or apart?
where are your toes pointing?
are your knees pushed out when squatting?

come on give us more info. i'm choosing to help and not make fun of your pathetic dumbbell squats.

squatting correctly requires a pretty high degree of flexibility in comparison to your average person.
>>
>>38972864

Thank you for helping and not shitposting me.

I hold them by my sides, same hand position as a dumbell shrug.
Yeah, I keep my body completely straight and upright.
My feet are just outside of my shoulders
My toes are slightly pointing outwards but only slightly
>>
File: 5.gif (905KB, 240x228px) Image search: [Google]
5.gif
905KB, 240x228px
Why squat with dumbbells?
>>
>>38972911
right, for what purpose are you doing these squats? squats can be done in so many different ways. if you tell me why you're squatting i can help you better with the form. for what benefit do you squat?
>>
>>38972322
stretch
>>
>>38972958

I'm just trying to build stronger legs and glutes, but I feel nothing in my glutes and I just feel very strong discomfort in my legs.
>>
>>38972986
i'll just break it to you now

squatting with 9kg dumbbells with do nothing - literally, yes literally, nothing - for strength, whatsoever. if you want to have strong legs and glutes you must use a barbell, you just must. its an indispensible tool.

however, if you insist on doing stuff that will yield no results then do this: lean forward more (don;t bent your back, bend at the hips - learn to feel this by bending forward without moving your spine. push your hips back and try to bring your throat towards the floor). you don't need to stay so upright.

i suggest you read about mobility as well. squat depth is about 2 things - a base level of mobility, and an understanding of how to position the body such that getting good squat depth is easiest. you'll need flexible hamstrings, ankles and hips and to some extent glutes too.

there's a shit load of literature on squats but don;t listen to anyone generally unless they are talking about heavy squats. stay away from online mags, health websites and people who want to sell you something. i can't cover it all in 1 post but i'm bored and have a good playlist on so i'll answer all your questions if you ask any.
>>
>>38973072
why should you answer him? all the information he needs is in the sticky
>>
>>38973099
i'm feeling generous and i want to make sure this person makes the transition from dumping the dumbbells and taking up barbell squats.

they want to get stronger and are going about it in a way which will produce no strength. they want to bake a cake with an apple pie recipe.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.