[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How should I train before I join the army? What should my workout

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: soldiers_1778893c.jpg (34KB, 460x287px) Image search: [Google]
soldiers_1778893c.jpg
34KB, 460x287px
How should I train before I join the army? What should my workout routine and diet look like?
>>
>>38972290

In the army, you cant do what you want. Take this opportunity to do what you want. You will train for being in the army after you have signed up.
>>
>>38972290
Push-ups sit-ups pull ups dips running
>>
>>38972290
Read up on politics, economics, western canon, etc. Practice logic tests. Doing well on your placement tests gives you the opportunity to do some cool shit, instead of being a grunt.

The army will get you in physical shape. What you do for the army depends on your mental shape.
>>
>>38972290
run a lot

>t. army
>>
4 x 10 kiss jewish hand
4 x 8 shoot arab kid
3 x 5 cash welfare check

Every second day.
>>
I'm doing SS, but at the end of each session doing 3 sets of push ups, pull ups, sit ups and running 5 days a week.
>>
>>38972436
This.
Also do a few push-ups as well
Don't worry bout the sit ups at all, all you have to do is throw your back down on the ground and bounce back up.
>>
>>38972436

This. Be able to sustain a <8 minute mile for a few miles. Do pushups and situps.
>>
Join the Air Force instead.
>>
>>38972436
Confirmed
>>
File: yu.jpg (528KB, 1180x787px) Image search: [Google]
yu.jpg
528KB, 1180x787px
>>38972290
eat jungle bugs you dummy
>>
>>38972290

put a 16 kg backpack and march 20 km
>>
So from what I've gathered, push ups, pull ups, sit ups, dips and running. But how can I incorporate that into a routine? How many of said exercises should I do each day and how many days a week? And should I run on my off days or do it all on the workout days? As for diet what should I aim for? Also how would I build muscle endurance with weights as opposed to body weight exercises?
>>
>>38972495
The fat guy is wearing some sort of party hat I can't even identify.
>>
Do whatever the fuck you want, you're going to lose it when you go to basic to have your hand held. Trust me, the first time you see the sorry excuses they have for work outs you're going to decide to never tell anyone about it. The army's only goal is to get you to be able to walk 10 miles and not break anything on the way to pull a trigger. The grunt who needs self validation is the one with the goal of making the physical activity out to be difficult.
>>
>>38972824
Bump
>>
>>38973124
confirmed. i was 215#, best shape of my life before going to bct. a couple of months later i was 183#, looked like a goddamn Auschwitz survivor, and all my gains were gone. my pushups actually went DOWN in basic.

dont fall for the "eat green, avoid red" meme at the dfac. eat red every fucking dinner chow. drink the strawberry kiwi juice. load up on eggs. avoid the bread. eat the whole mre and add salt to everything. hydrate like a motherfucker. do pushups every night before lights out and on fireguard.

and be able to run 5 miles, regardless of the pace, before you get there. it can be an 11 minute mile pace as long as you can sustain 5 miles.

i'm this guy
>>38972436

hooah
>>
>>38972490
gross
>>
Sleep at 23:00 wake up at 4:30 and do lots and lots of running.
>>
When i joined the army i was a 120lbs skelly i was never first but i was never last.
You only need a basic level of fitness to join the army. Do a bit of running try to be able to run for half an hour at a good pace without stopping and be able to do a few Pull ups and some situps and that's about it.
Being able to swim wasn't a huge thing in basic training but it is something you should probably work on if you aren't a strong swimmer i remember struggling with that.
>>
File: 1475200943254.jpg (122KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1475200943254.jpg
122KB, 400x400px
your thinking about it to much , just get there , get on the buss .
I take care of all that when you get here now get on the buss.
>>
>>38973641
>do push ups every night
Just max rep push ups every night?
>>
>>38972290
>How should I train before I join the army?
The question you should be asking is should you join the army
>>
>>38972290
You need to train to get a serious injury (but not too serious) so you can get on that lifetime military disability gravy train.

You can get disability for anything... ED, sore knee, whatever goes wrong with you when you are in you get paid for life.
>>
>>38972478
Im doing 6min40 seconds for a mile.
>>
Military workouts are just shitty middle school PE Exercises. They don't care about strength, they care more about endurance. So doing lots of pushups and pullups are required. Then learn how to run a mile in less than 9 minutes.
>>
>>38972444
You forgot PTSD leading to homlessness.
>>
>>38972290
If it's the Russian army. Train your butt to take massive damage from your superiors
>>
walk and run, perhaps some body weight exercises

t. former conscript
>>
>>38976794
Only if you have the mental stability of an sjw
>>
>>38972290
Invade the local gas station.
>>
>>38977131
Look at mental health statistics tough guy.
>>
>>38977131
> Sjw joining the armed forces

Do you even know what you're talking aboot?
>>
Running, pushups, situps, pullups.

I'm going to basic in a fortnight
>>
>>38972290
Not op but is it possible to lift and have a decent physique after training?
>>
>>38972490
You can be my wingman anytime
>>
>>38977843
air force, navy, or army MI is full of sjw liberal bullshit
>>
File: 1468795385905.jpg (182KB, 930x1316px) Image search: [Google]
1468795385905.jpg
182KB, 930x1316px
Good, army approved workout
>>
rucking + flutter kicks
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.