[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Do compounds and listen to /fit/ >Push/Pull/Legs routine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 1263232606.jpg (48KB, 350x345px) Image search: [Google]
1263232606.jpg
48KB, 350x345px
>Do compounds and listen to /fit/
>Push/Pull/Legs routine
>Progressive overload
>3x8 and 5x5 only
>Bench, squad, Diddylift, OHP, all the main compound exercises
>Eat relatively clean - drink lots of protein, eat lots of chicken and complex carbs
>do this for 2 years
>Look like an average guy

>Have buddy, he's 2 years younger than me
>Goes to the gym and does a retarded brosplit, one body part a day type shit.
>Does like 15-20 reps sometimes
>Drinks/parties a lot
>Looks 10x better than me, and although he can't lift as much as I can, he looks stronger and sturdier, it's relatively hard for me to push him etc.
>Doesn't even deadlift.

What the fuck /fit/?
>>
Genetics man, I drink every weekend and party in Europe for a number of weeks a year and still remain shredded with decent size. Just know that it's easy to stay shredded when you party, just hard to gain size.
>>
>>38965681
>Drinks/parties a lot
If you're in your mid 20's and still think this is fun/important, you're gonna have a bad time.
>>
>>38965739
Don't listen to this prat, party as much as you want. If you're not self-destructive you won't be.
>>
>>38965739
>Being a faggot

I'm 24 and I go out/drink regularly with my friends. What else would you do you gigantic faggot? Sit at home and hang out with your girlfriend? That doesn't make you "mature" or "cool".
>>
File: 1472760469156.jpg (219KB, 1273x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1472760469156.jpg
219KB, 1273x1024px
>>38965681
What are your lifts, age, weight, height etc.....

post his body, your body.
>>
>>38965681
If you don't eat enough you can lift all you like and not get particularly swole no matter what program you do
>>
>>38965739
This.
If you are not at home shitposting on /fit/ than you are not doing anything productive with your life.
>>
>>38965681
>Looks 10x better than me, and although he can't lift as much as I can, he looks stronger and sturdier

because he did a bodybuilding routine.

> it's relatively hard for me to push him etc
because you weigh less
>>
Him looking better than you is probably because he has lower bf%.
Never underestimate how different a drop of 2 or 3% bodyfat makes you look.
>>
>started lifting 1 year ago
>bro split,6 days a week, 12 reps 4 sets
>6 months later, almost no gains
>greyskull
>3 days a week, 5X3 in compounds
>gains city
>>
>>38965681
Sounds like you train primarily for strength whereas he trains for aesthetics. That could be the source of your problem right there.
>>
>>38965681
Genetics, man. There are two kids at my gym who squatted 500+ lbs in less than a year of training at a bodyweight of 190 and 220 and are 100% natty.
>>
>>38965758
The wall is right around the corner.
>>
>>38965681
PPL has plenty of accessories you retarded shitposter.
>>
So you do PPL with only the big 4 exercises or what?
>>
so what is best for aestetics? idc about strength
>>
Why does no one realize you have to do strength work and hypertrophy aka muscle building.

you literally have to do both at least and switch between them, you do compounds and then you do accessory same deal.

>oh my lats look shit
>do more lats with better form

>hey i look decent but im weak
>stop doing a retarded brosplit

>im fat
>stop eating at a caloric surplus

>that woman just bit her lip as she walked by
>stop staring at her ass and ask if shes an archaeologist
>>
>>38966584
More or less this. Go nuts on the big lifts, hit a couple iso's for a few high rep sets with a good stretch and contraction in the target muscle groups.
>>
>>38965681
>listen to /fit/
>don't do SS

Clearly you didn't listen. And doing a compound only PPL routine is the height of fucking retardation. You deserve to look like shit.
>>
I thought ppl was considered shit though....
>>
>>38967472
It's GOAT for anybody who wants aesthetics and to get big as fuck, but OP did it fucking retarded. Any decent PPL leads with a couple of heavy ass compounds, then 3-8 different isolation exercises depending on the day. If you're eating big, you'll put on lots of lean mass quickly.

The flip side, why many /fit/izens think it's "bad", is that the weights you're slinging up won't go up as quickly as a strength focused routine. But most guys lift to look good, not to impress DYEL estatters online, so PPL is still king.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.