[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is me squatting. I just started working out but squats,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

File: bwsquatsnoaudio.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
bwsquatsnoaudio.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
This is me squatting. I just started working out but squats, deadlifts and rows hurts my back (you can see how much it rounds before hitting parallel). Is this a form problem or a flexibility problem? If it's flexibility, what do you think it could be the problem? I already stretch daily ankles, quads and hip flexors.
I'm 5'11'' x 170 lbs (180 cm x 79 kg)
>>
>>38959322
your fat does not count as weight. Get a bar
>>
>>38959338
You mean like a broom stick mimicking a barbell?
>>
Your form changes when you put a bar on your back so post with that
>>
>>38959355
No
>>
>>38959363
I'll just do this now, give me 10 minutes
>>
File: bwsquatsstick.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
bwsquatsstick.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>38959363
Here it is.

21 seconds in I wide my stance a little bit
>>
>>38959562
Let your knees track further past your toes
>>
Shoot your knees out. Post a vid when done
>>
>>38959322
>>38959562
Don't stick your butt out so much.
Keep a straight back from the start.

Let your knees go forward more.

Go less deep.

Just fyi, the hip is (almost) fully flexed in the bottom of a squat, so the hip flexors can't ever cause back rounding there.
>>
>>38959613
Also, initiate by breaking at the knees and hips at the same time, not just the hips.
>>
On the subject of squat form, I noticed that when I do heavy squats that sometimes my ass will go to my left side when I'm at the bottom of the squat coming up.
Is there anyway to solve this, it just feels easier.
>>
>>38959700
You might just be built asymmetrically, or you might have a functional asymmetry which a PT could maybe fix.
>>
File: bwsquatsstick2.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
bwsquatsstick2.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>38959585
>>38959609
>>38959613
>>38959635

Thanks a lot for the help, guys. Since I need to go to the gym for a couple of health problems, you are kind of saving my life here.

New video here. Does this look good enough for starting barbell squats or does this need more form work / flexibility work?

I know that looking down like that is wrong, I was just making sure the knees were pushed fourward enough.
>>
>>38959737
I was considering getting a PT just for like a session or two (because I'm a poorfag) to fix form, because my OHP form is trash as well.

Has anyone done this, I feel like there's only so much reading about form on the internet can do.
>>
>>38959745
Eh it's probably good enough. My form was worse when I started.
One of the reasons a lot of routines recommend starting light is so you can learn the form. Your form isn't going to be perfect on your first workout, and might not ever be perfect, even with practice.
>>
>>38959745
>>38959782
also it looks like you might have a buttwink
>>
>>38959745
Once again, don't extend your back so much.
Keep it straight, not arched or rounded, the whole way through.
Go less deep, place some weights under your heels, and you can go do squat in the gym.
Make sure your knees track in line with your feet.

Looking down isn't wrong, do whatever you prefer.

>>38959751
I meant a physical therapist, not a personal trainer.
A PTherapist probably won't know much about exercise technique, but could help with fixing (functional) asymmetries.
>>
>>38959782
Yeah, I understand. Problem is, I'm already 29 and I have been sedentary as fuck for my whole life. Since I felt a pretty big discomfort before, I want to achieve the most correct form I can before starting loading weight.

>>38959791
How to fix the buttwink? As I said, I'm already doing daily stretches of ankles, flexors and quads. Maybe a little of glutes/core work?
>>
>>38959801
I'm shooting a video right now with the least back extension I can, wait for it please m8.
>>
>>38959810
Same anon. I'm not an expert (only been lifting 6 months), but I'll do the best I can.

Regarding the buttwink, you probably have a minor anterior pelvic tilt. It's very common for people who live sedentary lives. I have one too, it's just something you need to be aware of and work on over time.

The picture is a bit exaggerated but it gets the point across.
>>
>>38959801
>A PT probably won't know much about exercise technique

Except for you know, most physical therapists who treat athlete's being involved in some form of athletics themselves, and having second only to orthopedists understanding of kinesiology and the mechanics/pathomechanics of human movement
>>
I see quite a bit of issues with your form, but it is because you are untrained. You have a lot to work on, and the first couple of months-year will take time to get the form right..
>>
>>38959745
Extented back. Learn to brace core proper. Take a big breath, forcefully exhale till you cannot, try to tuck your ribs in. Do all this without loosing back tightness and you have very good squat form.
>>
>>38959904
Depends entirely on the PT you go to.
I've been to numerous PTs who normally work with sedentary people, and they didn't know much about exercise technique.

They could reason about it, sure, but if you're doing an exercise with a heavy load, you need to have really thought about the biomechanics and interactions between muscles.
They haven't done that.

Getting a PT who works with athletes is going to be better, ofcourse.
>>
File: bwsquatsstick3.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
bwsquatsstick3.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>38959782
>>38959791
>>38959801
>>38959878
>>38959906
>>38959924

Here it is, this is with less back extension I can.
I really never understood the "brace your core", probably because I have a very weak core with poor mind-muscle connection. I flex my abs but then I feel like I'm out of breath. I definitely need more core work

That aside, could this work at the gym with minor chances of hurting my lower back?
>>
OP is the definition of skinnyfat. Maybe even worse than that. The gut is crazy.
>>
>>38959322
Weak quads, likely tight ankles and hip flexors.

gg no re
>>
>>38959956
2nd rep was okay.
Do your squats in the gym like that, and your lower back will be fine.
>>
>>38959968
This is what 29 years of inactivity do to your body. Don't let your friends or loved ones become like me
>>
>>38959745
Brace your core better, stretch ankles and hip flexors, look up (eyes in neck is a good cue), brace your lats (pull the bar down and forward)
>>
>>38959995
So basically aim for parallel and be safe, right? That's what I notice about the second rep, I went less deep
>>
>>38959956
This is so much better. Really good form, compared to the first video... You could start training like a normie at the gym with this form.

The bracing technique should be: Get your back straight, flex your abs, flex your butt. This will stabilize your spine. Then you go down and come up again, try and hold the tension throughout the lift. Once you're up, do the bracing technique again. Do this every for rep. You'll get faster and better at doing it with time.
>>
>>38960010
Yep, you can go deeper later, when your mobility and body awareness improve.
>>
>>38959745
>that jiggle
>>
File: 1444726193785.jpg (23KB, 497x512px) Image search: [Google]
1444726193785.jpg
23KB, 497x512px
>>38960004
>>38960014
>>38960034

Alright, taking notes about all this. I'll try to keep on with the stretches daily and starting hitting the gym hard.

I know that the nature of 4chan is thread being archived and then lost forever, but seriously guys, thanks a lot. I need the gym to get my life in order and I needed this to start the gym. good luck for everything
>>
>>38959322
u can also try different workouts? i personally enjoy bulgarian split squats the most out of all the squatting exercises.. just add dumbbells for a more intense workout if needed
>>
>>38960081
Here's a good video of what a low bar squat should look like for reference. Many American sources teach a form derived from multi-ply lifting (Westside Barbell)

Here's his website with a text guide, don't know how readable it is if you run it through a translator, but it couldn't hurt.

http://www.walgermo.com/teknikk-kneboy/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5TOnqqPRT0
>>
>>38959745
fix your fucking posture. your lower back will get fucked when you start squating actual weights if you don't learn to fix your pelvic tilt
>>
>>38960197
Take a deep breath lad. He's here for a reason and it's not for you to swear at him like a child for no particular reason. Notice how everyone else is giving advice without the attitude?
>>
>>38959956
>brace your core

like your taking a shit. or like the reaction you make when your about to be punched in the gut. the sensation of the bottom of your gut (i.e. your lower abdominal cavity) filling with air pushing the front and sides of your stomach out. note that doing this correctly is also dependent on having correct posture, but bracing your core is essential to protecting your back (i.e. helping keep your back RIGID) in any of the big lifts
>>
>>38960221
Is it your first fucking day here, son? Don't fucking waste your time posting a response to each and every curse you see here or you'll never be able to stop posting
>>
>>38960272
>WE'RE ON 4CHAN WE NEED TO BE LE EDGY BRO!
Get over yourself lad.
>>
>>38960300
Fuck off swear police.
>>
File: 1444847340970.jpg (68KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1444847340970.jpg
68KB, 640x640px
>>38960197
Do you mean posture during the exercise or in the everyday life?

As I said, I'm doing daily stretches to fix this. Main problem I'm facing is, basically whenever I stop thinking about keeping a good posture my body slips almost immediately in shit posture. Like, I am on my feet for 16 hours? I can keep good posture for 1 hour total, and shit for the remaining 15. Even with daily stretches I really don't know how I actually can fix this, but nonetheless I'm trying.

my daily routine
3x2 minutes plank
3x2 minutes side planks
5xF stomach vacuums
3 minutes lunge stretch
3 minutes quads stretch
3 minutes ankle stretch

Is this enough?
>>
>>38960836
Everyday life. It's pretty evident from in between the squat reps you have some degree of anterior pelvic tilt. Fix this now while you're just getting started. Don't make up routines yourself, look up specific regimens for this
>>
>>38960836
Posture isn't something you fix overnight. It is something you will need to be conscious of and work at bit by bit with corrective stretching and by lifting to fix muscle imbalances. Just be patient and keep at it.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.