[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone into pipe smoking? I've never been a regular smoker

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

Anyone into pipe smoking?

I've never been a regular smoker and I don't really like cigarettes (definitely don't want to get addicted) but lighting a pipe once a week while sitting down for an hour or so immersed in thought sounds awesome. I guess I like the ritual aspect of it.

Thoughts? Does it worth a try?
>>
>>38959124
the only pipe smoking on /fit/ happens in the showers
>>
NO DEGENARECY ON /FIT/!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
File: 1430004872296.jpg (45KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1430004872296.jpg
45KB, 600x400px
>>38959133
>>
Yeah get a couple cheap corncob pipes and some flavored and non flavored tobacco, dont smoke one in the other pipe. Take the paper filter out if you buy a meerschaum corncob, it gets all soggy and gross after a couple bowls
>>
>>38959124
pipe smoking, and furthermore any form of nicotine, can be addicting.
dont smoke if you dont want to get addicted to things
>>
>>38959153
Where?
>>
I actually have wanted to get into pipe smoking for a while, but I am afraid I'd get addicted so I never have. I enjoyed smoking cigars the couple times I did it so I think a nice pipe smoke every once in a while could be great. I guess it will probably stay one of those things that I never actually do but just think about.
>>
>>38959124
ive smoked a pipe for about 8 years now. nice being able to walk around in the fall lost in thought while puffing away on a delicious bowlful of tobacco. its probably the least offensive smelling tobacco product too, people will tell you it smells amazing (so long as you get decent tobacco)
>>
>>38959267
Obviously. What I meant was I could go with tobacco blends that have a lower nicotine content, and smoke no more than e.g. once a week. The health risks and addiction could be minimal this way.

>>38959327
Is it possible to remain an occasional smoker? I like the act of smoking, mainly used to smoke hookah with friends, tried cigarettes and cigars too but I only like weak mint flavoured ones of the former and I don't really want to go any further than that.

Known a guy who smokes the pipe and the smell was pretty good compared to cigarettes or even cigars
>>
>>38959449
i only smoke my pipe and cigars occasionally, on average once a week - more in the summer when im outside a lot. i like the taste and the mild buzz it gives, but im not addicted at all since i sometimes go weeks without it and 5 months in winter without it. it really depends person to person i suppose.

and yeah ive had people complain about cigar smoke but not once about pipe smoke. that shit smells heavenly.
>>
>>38959124
I like smoking a pipe but I always feel like shit afterwards

The buzz is great though, so relaxing
>>
>>38959497
I've heard that flavoured blends have more smell than actual taste. Any good ones perhaps that have flavour besides pure tobacco?
>>
>>38959515
i cant recommend any since i get house blends from the tobacconist in my city. everything they have has some sort of flavor to it, they dont sell pure tobacco. you can also decide how much to put in your bowl if you dont want to get too much of a buzz, of course.

and dont inhale it, its not meant for that.
>>
>>38959124
>>38959124
I've thought the same as you but never had good luck with pipes. I think I just don't like it. But a nice mellow cigar is the shit. I have a few perm month in the summer for a relaxing evening. But it definitely fucks with cardio.
>>
File: IMG_2921.jpg (44KB, 920x813px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2921.jpg
44KB, 920x813px
I use to use a glass bubbler for weed, but I quit because it hurt my lungs too much. Also i use to smoke cigs but now only smoke a few when i drink once or two a month.
>>
Ive been smoking occasionaly but consistently from a pipe for almost a year. Dont feel addicted, I can go a month without it no problem. Give it a try, its great for taking a bath or reading
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.