[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many lifts do I need to do to get ripped? I purchased a clicker

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

How many lifts do I need to do to get ripped? I purchased a clicker to keep track of my performance. I'll click it after a lift. I could do a few lifts every day.
>>
1.618 kilolifts
>>
File: clicker.jpg (60KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
clicker.jpg
60KB, 700x700px
>>38957498
>that first click of the day
>>
>>38957498
Tree fiddy
>>
File: 1361979644281.jpg (46KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1361979644281.jpg
46KB, 300x300px
>>38957627
>on 347th
>>
I know you're trolling but...
10000 lifts a year is a rough estimate for achieving an elite level in powerlifting
>>
>>38957498
assuming you did a typical 5x5 with accessories that's about 400 reps per week. Do that for 2 years and thats like 40,000 lifts. Good luck OP! dont forget to inject insulin fasted. :D
>>
I do 1 click for every 100lbs lifted.
So if i lift 50 lbs twice, thats 1 click.
If i lift 200lbs once, thats 2 clicks.
Try to get up to 100 clicks a day. Usually takes about 6 weeks to get up to that level if ur a noob.
>>
>>38957498
It isn't about how many lifts you do or how many training sessions you have.

It is about how much progressive overload you can accrue.

For example, if i train every day, lifting the same weight for the same reps and sets, my progressive overload (assuming negligible levels of fatigue) would be zero.

I could lift and lift and lift, and never make any gains, because my body is adapted to the training stimulus (stressor)

Now if every training session, i increase either the load or the reps, or the sets; this will increase my total training volume (setsxrepsxload)
This provides a greater training stimulus (more stress) which results in an adaptive response (increase in muscle size and an increase in either strength or muscular endurance)

Progressively overloading training volume is key.

So you could track how many lifts you do per week, and increase it every week... that would still be a terrible way to manage progression, but it would be better than nothing
>>
>>38957611
Quality engineering reference my man
>>
File: clicker-11.jpg (28KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
clicker-11.jpg
28KB, 600x600px
Guys, any tips on clicking while doing pull ups? Right now I need to drop down to free my hands after every pull up and it's really inconvenient.
>>
>>38957678
Subtle
>>38957682
>doin 5x5 for two years
Hell you shouldn't even do 5x5 for the entirety of your linear progression program
>>
>>38957727
Tape the clicker to the pull up bar, upside down, with the button facing you. Do a pull up and press the button with your nose while you're up there. If you can't make it up to the button, you didn't do a complete pull up.

That's what I do for my clicks.
>>
>>38957739
How many clicks do you get a day Mr. Knowitall?
>>
>>38957686
This is a good way to manage progression, as you are roughly gauging training volume (clicksx100lb as opposed to setsxrepsxload - in the end the number should be the same)

Now try to increase the number of clicks per week every single week, without getting fatigued and having your lifts drop (i.e. Overreaching)
>>
>>38957753
None because I don't measure training volume with a clicker
>>
>>38957743
>not hitting the button with your sternum
Half-repper
>>
>>38957787
>doesn't measure training volume with a clicker
DYEL detected.

Why don't you tell us about all the pussy you slay on Tinder. I have a clicker for that, too.
>>
File: 1470322777895.jpg (59KB, 500x611px) Image search: [Google]
1470322777895.jpg
59KB, 500x611px
>tfw you achieve your first clicker cycle
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.