[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

quick: solve this dispute, how does /fit/ prepare chicken >pan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6

File: 1475465002320s.jpg (5KB, 250x242px) Image search: [Google]
1475465002320s.jpg
5KB, 250x242px
quick: solve this dispute, how does /fit/ prepare chicken

>pan man here, im hearing oven is the new thing ?
>>
>>38956910
>2016
>not eating your chicken raw for maximum strength gains
>topkek
>>
>>38956910
If i want quick, i toss it in a pan, and start cutting it up into small pieces as it cooks, takes under 5 mins to fully cook a breast.
If i want tasty, i drench in egg and cornmeal, then bake it for 15-20 mins
>>
i smash it flat and put tomato chese and oregano on and fold it then drizle a pinch of paprika
>>
Baked in a glass pan 15 mins per lb @ 375 F, usually lemon pepper and some Lawry's seasoned salt
>>
Are we supposed to chime in our personal experience here?

I'm quite the co/ck/. I make a nice Cornish hen butterflied and seared in the pan and then popped in the oven to finish it off.

Otherwise I make pan fried breaded chicken thighs.

Rarely I'll make chicken picatta in a white wine pan sauce.
>>
>>38956910
Baked, pan, and slowcooking are all great
>>
>>38956978

basically i was saying that most people just throw it in a pan add some shit they like and thats it .. a friend was saying he makes the whole thing a fucking celebration and spend ages to do some fancy fag snack
>>
Lately I've been baking it.

Dice or cube chicken breast. Marinade chicken breast with paprika, lime, cumin, and any kind of chipotle suspension (sauce, chilies in sauce, chilies soaked in water, etc).

Salt and add pepper if you want. Bake @ 450 F for ~ 30 minutes.
>>
>>38957013
I have very elaborate recipes too, but I hate to spend too much time cooking. I've made coq au vin and it was dynamite. But I don't think I want to spend the hours making it again. My methods above are pretty quick, even the picatta.
>>
I don't cook shit. I buy costco boiled chicken and eat it straight out of the can on bread with mayo
>>
>>38956910

Put it on a cooking tray, cover it in tinfoil, cook it at 400 degrees F for 45 minutes in the oven. Put whatever you want on it before putting the tinfoil over top, or just do it plain and season it later on as you want.
>>
dice chicken breast

season with pepper/spices and shit

put in pan with a bit of water to keep it from sticking

cook until edible
>>
I brine it for six-odd hours, then throw on some random combination of garlic, paprika, vegeta, chilli, Italian herbs, salt and pepper then bang the whole lot in the oven for 15-20 for a week's worth of chicken titties
>>
Who here /bbq/
>>
>>38957087
>water
Use vinegar or citrus juice

Will change your life and is 0 calories
>>
>>38957273
Wots that mate, just straight apple cider vinegar or diluted in water? Do not meme me out of a kilo of chicken breast
>>
>>38957360
Just use a tiny bit of Olive oil
>>
>>38956910

Take out of freezer
Put in tinfoil lined baking pan
bake that frozen fucker for an hour
eat that juicy fucker without garnishment or sauce

Please help me, I am getting so bored with this, but it's easy as fuck.
>>
>>38956910
I'm lazy as shit

Get fresh chicken skinless thighs
Season with salt and pepper
Shove in oven for 30
Add nandos sauce
>>
foreman grill
>>
>>38956910
bag to convection oven my man. bout 38mins but I'm in no hurry. no seasoning just plain.
>>
>>38958211
>>38956978
>>38957013
>>38958204

I have a wide variety of spices ranging from Indian, Spanish, and oriental to north American and English.

I generally deskin the thighs(any thing cooked bone tastes better), roll in little oil and smother with at least 3 spices n some garlic and lime maybe for a base.

Tonight I Rolled my chicken in basil, mixed herbs and garlic, cut open and filled one with cranberry and orange marmalade and one with raspberry jam. I then filled with blue cheese and covered in bread crumbs. Randi. Ideas come to me. I've made my own nandos sauces and a recent mango hot sauce.

Cooking is about being imaginative, try not to over complicate with recipes. I literally over view basic ingredients and just go to town on making a dish.
>>
>>38960156
Random ideas come to me*
>>
>>38956910
I can cook 10 lbs of chicken breast at the same time in the oven. No need to thaw, no need to constantly watch for burning, and it comes out perfect every time in every breast. Plus, you can cook your vegetables in the chicken fat and cook rice on the stove to get everything done at once. It's really good for preparing meals.
>>
Do whatever.

But pls

Brine it first
>>
Cooking like 6 or so at a time.
Preheat to 450
Line the pans with foil and put a bit of Olive oil.
Rinse and dry the CB
Butterfly the CB
Season the CB
10 minutes
Flip
10 minutes

Das it
>>
>>38960342
What do you brine with and what about excess sodium?
>>
>>38957013
>a fucking celebration

I love it
>>
>>38956910
convection oven senpai
>>
>>38956910

pan = tender

oven = lazy
>>
>Chicken breast
>In oven
>Sprinkle rosemary, cilantro and pepper
>Eat for lunch at work in warehouse

GOAT.
>>
>>38960572
Confirmed best method.

Higher heat for less time nets the best results.
>>
>Chicken breast clean and ready
>Sprinkle with that good Vegeta seasoning
>10 mins on the pan each side
>Brown up and down, pure white in the middle and sides
>Dig in, its not much *Souma pose*
>>
> chicken in pan on medium-low for 1 minute on each side
> put lid on, put heat on low, let cook for 10 minutes
> turn stove off, let rest with LID ON for 10 minutes

very tender
>>
>>38960551
Oven isn't lazy. It's for batch cooking.
Pan is for 1-2 breasts at most.
>>
>>38960719

batch cooking is lazy af
>>
>>38960741
It's called utilizing your time autist. Not all of us are NEETs.
>>
>>38960156
Wow, /fit/ really is filled with fags. Huh....
>>
>>38960753

> Not all of us are NEETs

sure you can, a common misconception spread by the slave owners to trap wagies in their work camps.
>>
>ctrl+f "grill"
>one result, about the foreman grill
y'all are fags
>>
File: 1391905998807s.jpg (4KB, 122x125px) Image search: [Google]
1391905998807s.jpg
4KB, 122x125px
>>38956910
thighs>>>>>>>>>breast
on the grill with a good dry rub
400 deg, 5 mins a side
>mfw
>>
>>38960851
Too much work. Only good for maybe once a month.
>>
File: 1466050570851.png (322KB, 832x832px) Image search: [Google]
1466050570851.png
322KB, 832x832px
Relevent
>>
>>38956920
>not eating your chicken alive

It's like you want to be DYEL
>>
>>38956937
>If i want quick, i toss it in a pan, and start cutting it up into small pieces as it cooks
this is what I do for the sheer simplicity of it and people think I am crazy. Shit cooks just fine and tastes good enough with some rice/veg/sauce.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>Put in something that goes in the oven
>Put some sauce on it (depends, I used home-made spinach dip recently out of curiosity and it wasn't bad at all)
>40 mins at 400 degrees in the oven
>Ready to eat, nothing to worry about

>>38957096
>vegeta
>>
>>38956910
>chicken breast or boneless thighs
>325 degrees
>20-25 minutes
>dice
>put on bed of spinach
>italian dressing
>optional balsamic vinegar if you like that sort of thing
>optional red onion
>optional parmesan
>>
Butterfly it
Crumb it
Put it on the stove for 10 mins
Put some tomato paste on it
Some ham
Some cheese
Chuck the cunt into the oven for another 10
Shits great senpai
>>
Marinate in lemon juice rosemary onion powder garlic salt and pepper for 24hours

cook in pan
If you want you can sear it first then throw it in the oven.
>>
>>38956910
>oven
Yeah sure lemme just go grab some cash from my room of golden jewels
Unless you mean toaster oven.....
That I still don't own.....
>>
Pan seared, medium rare. Salmonella is great for cutting
>>
File: Pepe Manga.jpg (14KB, 250x241px) Image search: [Google]
Pepe Manga.jpg
14KB, 250x241px
>>38958211
>Skinless Chicken Thighs

Never going to make it breh
>>
>>38956910
Toss it in the deep fryer. Cooks in a few minutes. Peanut oil though if it's chicken
>>
>>38957186
Yessir. Suprised nobody else does. Keeps it juicy and gives that beautiful char.
>>
>>38960999
It's the easiest method...
>>
File: image.jpg (27KB, 460x440px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 460x440px
For wokking (chef for 2.5 years, recently called it quits)

>Cut chicken into half cm slices
>grab water add starch, salt and eastern chicken herb mix (we made our own but you don't need the latter per se)
>throw chicken in this mix for as long as you like (3 days maximum in fridge, 20-25 min minimum)
>boil water during this time and cut veggies
>heat up your wok pan (sorry for the non gas kitchens, can't make food for shit on your electrical stoves, fucking replace it)
>add chicken after marinade time into boiling water together with veggies mix of your choosing
>boil 45 seconds to 120 seconds depending on how much food you added
>remove it from water, remove most water of it (rinse it it's called in eng? Idk)
>add olive oil to your now hot as shit wok pan
>instantly add sauce of your choosing (making own = always better imo except a few exceptions like kum lee panda brand oyster sauce)
>omg it sparks :DDD
>add all chicken and veggies
>wok for 30-45 seconds
>throw on plate with rice

Ggwp, takes barely any work. If you're not a lazy fuck you can prepare everything and actually make it + all cleaning in less than 10 minutes (gotta make that chicken beforehand tho for dat flavor)

>inb4 meh

Fuck you loser
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.