[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody /kneesleeves/ here? I'm 5'11 180 and squat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: received_902222069824428.jpg (51KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
received_902222069824428.jpg
51KB, 960x960px
Anybody /kneesleeves/ here? I'm 5'11 180 and squat 350 atg with a belt and lifting shoes. What do sleeves do and are they necessary? I've had bad knee pain in the past from squats but it went away as my leg muscles grew.
>>
>>38949189
nice meme frog saved
>>
>>38949189
I don't use them cause I'm lifting literally baby weight but have buddies that do.

One of them bought knee sleeves a size too small so that its so tight that they act almost as pseudo-knee wraps. He said it added 15-20lbs to his squat.

Obviously that's not what they're used for but lots of people do this
>>
File: received_918464318200203.jpg (48KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
received_918464318200203.jpg
48KB, 720x960px
>>38949203
you're welcome friend
>>38949219
Interesting. I see only the powerlifting guys at my gym wear them, I didn't know they actually increased your sqwat I thought it was just to prevent injury
>>
>>38949280
I like my rehbands a lot. They keep my knees warm after a good warmup and act as a good cue. They don't add to the squat at all though amd that's fine. Highly recommend.
>>
>>38949189
That's a rare peapee
>>
>>38949203
>>38949447
Ok I didn't realize the rarity of the pepe if you guys could just not save it and please never use it I would be very thankful.
>>
I have some knee sleeves. They keep them warm and I like how the compressions feels. I have some a history of minor knee injuries and the sleeves definitely help them feel better the next day.
>>
>>38949490
They're to stabilize the knees during lifts. Prevents injury and helps supplement your lift.

Should not be used for warmup sets or working up to your actual set. Should only be used for your heavy sets, max lifts, or if you have an injury.
>>
I injured both my knees in high school sports. I feel like my knees are what's limiting my squats, the rest of my legs and glutes feel fine afterwards but my knees are always killing me. Think I should try knee sleeves or is it maybe just a form issue?
>>
>>38949578
See
>>38949510

You should do warmup sets slowly working up in weight and then get knee sleeves for anything moderately heavy. This could help with your knees in general.
>>
Which should I buy?

I'm kinda dyel but I always have knee pain(I dunno if it's from past injuries or what but shit sucks)
>>
>>38949675
You shouldn't if you're dyel. Squatting normally will help your knees unless you're doing heavy.
Leg Press gets a lot of shit, but try doing slow and deep leg press, should help with the pain unless it's something really shit/serious.
>>
>>38949701
It kind of hurts after I lift

I think it's just from past sports injuries desu
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.