/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do caloric calculatorswork? I don't understand. If

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

File: 1400467607102.gif (2MB, 235x180px) Image search: [Google]
1400467607102.gif
2MB, 235x180px
How do caloric calculatorswork? I don't understand.

If I was an active person, I thought I was supposed to just eat X amount of calories everyday, but I've been downloading some calorie calculator apps and they count exercise as calories in my "favor", so if I burn 200 and I was supposed to eat 2800, now it tells me that I should eat 3000.

This sound retarded, wouldn't that cause everyone to be fat?
>>
You burn calories, therefore you need to eat more for maintenance
>>
>>38947065
OP please be fucking with me,

I'm cutting n 3600 now and ravenous before bed, it truly depends on activity level, muscle mass etc.

Good luck with it.
>>
File: 124253346474.jpg (6KB, 290x174px) Image search: [Google]
124253346474.jpg
6KB, 290x174px
>>38947103
Is this how it work? Isn't maintenance just eating at a point where you don't lose or gain?

I thought that if you're bulking, you're supposed to eat your maintance+X every single day, and that you weren't supposed to put burned calories in your favor, because your maintenance is proportional to your amount of exercise volume (sedentary person vs active person) in the first place.

It doesn't make sense to me adding up burned calories in your favor when your maintenance come from your level of activity in the first place.
>>
>>38947065

Theyre all bullshit.

Also metabolism varies per person. Someone with a similar build and activity can have a tdee of 3200 while the other guy only 2700.
>>
File: 1399806600994.jpg (28KB, 237x300px) Image search: [Google]
1399806600994.jpg
28KB, 237x300px
>>38947120
What I mean, am I supposed to eat maintenance+X everyday if I'm bulking, or should I also take into consideration my burned calories, so if I burn 200 I'm supposed to eat an extra 200? It doesn't make sense to me to be honest.
>>
File: IMG_2679.jpg (21KB, 500x284px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2679.jpg
21KB, 500x284px
>>38947186
Are you simple or something?

You need to hit X amount of calories.Working out subtracts from what you've been eating all day, BECAUSE YOU ARE BURNING CALORIES. Therefore you eat more to hit the number you need.

Use an app like "My Fitnesspal" if you're too retarded to math.
>>
File: 1444434373282.jpg (30KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1444434373282.jpg
30KB, 500x500px
>>38947442
But that doesn't make sense.

If you're an active person, you're maintenance is set at X (also considering weight, age, height, etc), if you're sedentary, it's based on a minor value.

There's no point in substracting your exercise if you already set up your maintenance as an active person (X value).

That's like saying

>I'm an active person that weights 162 and my height is 5'7, my maintenance is 2600
>I'm an sedentary person that weights 162 and my height is 5'7, my maintenance is 2100

Those extra that you need are already considered in your maintenance as an active person, there's no point in substracting AGAIN like you're saying.
>>
>>38947525
You need to eat an active X number of calories. And a if you're bulking, eat Y calories. Remember, Y is the calorie surplus.
>>
>>38947525
Active means consistently active throughout the day. Like a guy who works in a warehouse lifting shit all day compared to a guy who works a desk job. Working out a few hours every other day isn't the same.
>>
>>38947525
Which is why you always set the calculator to sedentary. Better yet, use your basal instead of your TDEE.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.