[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be able to bench 180 for 10 reps easy >205 is estimated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: lastrep.jpg (16KB, 243x255px) Image search: [Google]
lastrep.jpg
16KB, 243x255px
>be able to bench 180 for 10 reps easy
>205 is estimated for 6 reps max
>can barely do 3 reps with 205
>>
>slow twitch detected
I'm the opposite.
I can hit 130kg for 1rm and can't finish my 3x5 at 105kg most sessions
>>
>>38941457
what the fuck the difference is huge
>>
File: youarealreadydead.jpg (27KB, 640x432px) Image search: [Google]
youarealreadydead.jpg
27KB, 640x432px
I tried GVT for OHP today, because I'm stalling at around 40kgx5. I've been using microplates, deloaded twice, even took a week off like a good boy.
Sets:
20kg 10
30kg 10, 9, 6
25kg 9
22,5kg 7
20kg 10
I stopped there. Breaks were about three minutes. I guess I'm fast twitch? What should I do?
>>
>>38941027
I know that feel
>>
this says nothing about your muscle fibre distribution but everything about how much youve practised and adapted to repping 205

take some weeks to work up to it, may even make some gains on the way there
>>
File: 12343124.gif (954KB, 500x384px) Image search: [Google]
12343124.gif
954KB, 500x384px
>>38941027
>plateau'd at 4 reps of 2pl8 bench for 2 months
>finally manage 5, celebrate loudly in head
>try 245lbs, aiming for 2
>manage 5 reps
>wat.jpg
>>
>>38941633
novice i guess. do 3x5, 4-5mins rest, sleep and eat more.
>>
>>38941457
it has nothing to do with slow twitch or fast twitch fibers, fiber type is irrelevant in the bench press which is a low power output lift (and the duration is not long enough for the higher endurance of slow twitch to become a factor) and both fiber types produce very similar force during contraction

http://strengtheory.com/powerlifters-should-train-more-like-bodybuilders/

scroll down to muscle fiber types for more

in your particular case you probably just have very stable technique and good neurological efficiency when it comes to maxing, or maybe you just need to train with more volume to build your work capacity
>>38941027
you just aren't used to lifting higher percentages of your max, so your performance suffers in that range

if you did a few week long peak working with heavier weights i bet you'd get a lot more reps of 205

or it could be a technical flaw or weakness in some muscle group that only becomes apparent above a certain weight
>>
>>38941027
your problem might be the same as mine: i wasn't activating my core enough.

you need to be driving your legs into the floor and stabilizing your hips and abs more. your chest is able to get up 180 easy, but at the higher weight is causing destabilization in your core most likely.

go watch a couple videos where powerlifters talk about "benching from their core" or "benching from their quads" and you'll see what I'm talking about.
>>
>>38942025
>you just aren't used to lifting higher percentages of your max, so your performance suffers in that range
i've been doing low reps for over a year now and i do high reps once in a blue moon

>>38942085
i remember about leg drive and im implementing that but still i could do only 3 reps per set (same as last week)

I don't know if it has to do something with warming up because i was doing my 180x10 after heavy ohp.

How should i warm up properly before bench?
>>
>>38942487
>bench after OHP
haha, this is your problem most likely.
>>
>>38942504
no, you don't understand

I bench heavy on mondays and do moderate ohp next and on thursday i ohp heavy and do moderate bench. I go for lower weight and higher reps after doing heavy ohp and it feels pretty light. Today while warming up i benched 180x3 and it felt heavy. That's why im wandering if it has something to do with being warmed up.
>>
wait when you write 180 you mean kg right? This is what I always assume. I mean I can easily bench 200kg but I have been lifting for 6 years.
>>
>>38942552
How about instead of doing your own meme bullshit program you choose an actual PL program and stick with that.
>>
>>38942657
>your own meme bullshit program
actually im doing texas method, what now?
>>
>>38941027
i can do 100kg (2pl8) 1rm but i can't do 80kg for more than 7
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.