[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any former drug addicts here that turned their life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Are there any former drug addicts here that turned their life around with a /fit/ lifestyle?
>>
Yes.
Until a couple years ago I was a heroin user. I overdosed and realized something had to change.

Addiction has been hard. Even though I'm clean for nearly two years I still think about the heroin all the time. I still think about the high. It fucking sucks.

When I decided to change, I weighed all of 125 pounds at 5'11. Barely could do a push-up or squat the bar.

I started eating more, stopped browsing /r9k/, and began to do calisthenics. I had no money because I blew it all on dope.

After a few months, I nearly relapsed. I found an old stash of mine that i forgot about. I was about to shoot up, but I got lucky. My girlfriend came home, and I had to stash the drugs. It gave me time to think about what I was doing.

After a few months passed, I bought a gym membership. Don't remember how much I benched but I squatted the bar, and over head pressed all of 10lbs total. I've been going every other day since, and now my lifts are 160lb bench, 265lb squat, and 290lb deadlift . All for 4x8.

My life is so much better now.
>>
>>38936968
Good job man.
Keep improving yourself. In the end, it's the most rewarding thing
>>
>>38936968
Well done mate, keep going
>>
File: chris.jpg (41KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
chris.jpg
41KB, 500x281px
Learn from his example
>>
>>38936968
You're a fucking champ m8.
>>
Used to be a meth-head. Smoked it and snorted it in binges for about 4 years, occasionally with a little off time. I noticed before my 23rd birthday that I didn't want to end up like the people I was hanging out with and I finally figured out what it was doing to me. I went on one last party to a concert then hung up my guns and got sober.

I started to realize that a lot of the thoughts I had were not real and were delusions. Amphetamine psychosis is a real thing, and I even ended up with something similar to schizophrenia. Still deal with it, but I am a lot better off. Like the guy above, I'm two years sober, and I can't be happier. But yea, like >>38936968, I still get the craving but tell myself that I can't do that to the people I love.

I put on a lot of weight due to the antipsychotics and just generally eating because meth makes you not hungry. About a year later after quitting, I started taking fitness a little more serious, as I was doing just pushups and situps during that time period. Started lifting and now, another year later, I'm doing alright. Best decision of my life to quit. In a much better place and just recently finished college.
>>
>>38937454
me as well. fukt my teeth up good, feelsbadman.
>>
>>38936379
I used creatine for over 4 years, it cost me a state pro wrestling championship in Colorado. It was a downward spiral and I lashed out at my family and loved ones, my wife left with her son... i became an alcoholic...I was about to end it all until I realized it was the creatine that was the root of my problems.

I mean I was molested as a kid but hey that's life.

Creatine, not even once.
>>
File: 1473987018616.png (405KB, 633x447px) Image search: [Google]
1473987018616.png
405KB, 633x447px
>>38938104
Top chuckle mayt
>>
i was addicted to cannabis and now i can bench 40kg
>>
>>38936379
not a former but...

amphetamines are my thing and i started gym 3 months ago. working out three times a week really goes down the drain if you go out partying every weekend and you do not sleep. it really fucks recovery time and progressive overload.

so i bailed on amphetamines for past 4 weeks, and I am liking it. But I'll go back to it next week, as this is real world, not storage wars so cravings are hard.

basically, best advice I got was from this one "old man - guy in a forest"
> never stop doing something you like, for something new you like. do both, and observe your body. it will tell you witch one you need more. one will evebtually weed out another again. up to you.

and remembering how trashed and drained i feel every Monday from not sleeping fron Friday to Sunday, i skipped the last four amphetamine weekends.

cold turkey is a meme.
>>
>>38938424
do you just picture weights as bags of weed?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.