[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am 6'1 and 209 lbs, am I supposed to eat 209 grams of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

I am 6'1 and 209 lbs, am I supposed to eat 209 grams of protein every day?

how is that even possible?
>>
File: Screenshot_20161001-092613.png (121KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161001-092613.png
121KB, 1080x1920px
>>38917814
Possible but you don't really need that much unless you're competitive tier weight lifting athlete doing 600lb squats. Around 150 is good on off days, maybe 180 on lifting days.
>>
>>38917814
1.5lb of meat per day or more, three cups of milk. It's not as hard as it sounds, you only have to eat around 300g of meat each meal and drink milk with all your meals.

The rest comes from rice, oats and other stuff you probably already eat anyway. You do, right?
>>
Im 160 lbs and I easily get 250 grams of proteins
>>
>>38917814
it's 1lb per lean body mass..so get like 150g of protein, should be more than enough.
>>
>>38917931
This, this this. Ignore people telling you WHAT to eat and people giving you a ballpark based on your current weight; it's muscle mass that counts when calculating protein consumption. Otherwise any 300Kg fatty trying to build muscle would have to consume like 450g of protein a day.
>>
>>38917931
>>38917958
so is it body mass or muscle mass and what's the difference between the two?
>>
from the sticky:

>You want around one gram per pound of bodyweight worth of protein (e.g. if you weigh 150lbs, eat 150g protein. If you get a little less, it won't matter, but 1g/lb of bodyweight is a good rule of thumb)

so you guys are saying the sticky is full of shit?
>>
>>38918079
It's not specific enough. See fatty example, no man on earth should be consuming 450g of protein a day so something's obviously not taken into consideration.
>>
>>38918018

Go with 0.82g/lb of overall body mass.

http://bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/

I'm pretty sure the 1g/lb meme got started because it's an easy thing to remember, and if you're shooting for that you'll easily get over 0.82g/lb, but 0.82 is the actual number.
>>
>>38917890
Holy shit, I'm having trouble getting protein. What are your sources?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.