[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here is a swimmer? I've been doing the sport 15 years

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (14KB, 600x427px)
image.png
14KB, 600x427px
Who here is a swimmer?

I've been doing the sport 15 years now. Some of my times:
50 free - 21.7
100 free- 47.5
200 free- 1:44.7
500 free- 4:47.3
1000 free- 9:54.2

These are short course yards times (NCAA). Share your times. Also, swimming is inarguably the best possible method of getting in shape.
>>
>>38916461
That's close to the world record for the 50 free, very impressive if true. I'm at 22 currently.

I'd agree that it's the best workout, but it's important to eat a fucking load. I once lost 5kg in two weeks because I forgot to increase my calorie intake at the start of the season.
>>
>>38916461
i want to start swimming after watching Free!
im 21 and lead pretty active life so far
>lifting calisthenics running
do i have chance to win some local tournaments (if its even a thing) or am i doomed to splash around in aqua park without competition forever
>>
>>38916571
It's short course yards so not even close. The record in yards is 18.7 IIRC.

Off season I gain a fuck ton of weight and drop it in the first few weeks. Down 20 pounds after 2 weeks and I'm only 160. It's nice being able to eat whatever the fuck I want.

Also 22 is a good time
>>
>>38916589
You could join a club team at your uni or if you're US join the Masters league. The guys in Masters will wreck you for a while but you'll have good swimmers to train with who are passionate for the sport. Club team in college would probably be more your level. It'll take a few months to get your form down, and then a few months to get in shape, but by then you should be able to find your events and be on your way
>>
>>38916597
Ah yeah my bad, still a really decent time mate. I know what you mean about the food. I can eat double what my friends eat and maintain my weight just fine, feels great.

How tall are you OP?
>>
>>38916661
I'm 5'7
>>
>>38916461
I've been doing it for 3 years.
The first year I went a few times to do the breast stroke, but I had zero stamina and my entire body hurt after 50 yards of breast stroking. Then one day I went in and forgot my swimming pants, and I walked up to the counter to leave and the woman asked why I'm already leaving. I said I forgot my swimming pants and she made fun of me, so I stopped going for like 10 months.

The second year I started swimming free style and working on my form, but not so much on speed.

Third year I started working on speed a little, but I'm DYEL skellington mode, and a manlet, so I am naturally at a disadvantage
>>
>>38916689
Those times are especially impressive then. I'm 6'0" and still struggle to maintain times like yours.
>>
>>38916461

Newfag here

I am stopping the gym for some months or potentially more to swim. What should I expect to happen to my body? Better form on my back/legs? Weight loss? Cold resistence?
>>
>>38916955
Not sure what you mean about better form, but you will lose weight unless you boost your calories. I know that I am more resistant to cold water after swimming for the time I have, so I suppose that could be a bonus.
>>
>>38916955
It's going to take a huge toll on your shoulders. A lot of swimmers get injuries there. But they'll bulk up, and if you kick properly so will your quads. If you do backstroke, butterfly, or at least 3 underwater fly kicks off the wall, you'll start to sculpt your abs too. You'll lose a lot of weight and put some on in muscle. Really good for your back and lats too
>>
>>38916697
Some of the best swimmers I've known have been manlets. Mostly natural talent, insane training, and a lot of weights. If you bulk up you'll be good
>>
File: tumblr_mkagqa6Jhp1rwe5u6o1_1280.jpg (156KB, 475x775px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mkagqa6Jhp1rwe5u6o1_1280.jpg
156KB, 475x775px
50 free 24ish
100 free like 1 minute flat
100 breast like 1:10
500 combat side stroke under 7 min.
Been swimming 1 year, training for navy specialized operations. I bench like 275ish, get 110 push 25pull 100 sit in 2min, run a mile in 4:30 and a 5k in 17:30.
That is a pretty swaggin 50 time m80. Did you swim in college, or was it all just for fun? I swim in HS and a 24 got me to state.
>>
>>38917096
>>38917174
>>38917174

Thanks. It really does sound attractive. How about some supperlements? Does anyone take anything for an energy boost like coffee or a fat burner?
>>
>>38917232
On the HS swim team, the supplements were dipping tobacco and vodka
Nobody would use caffeine for training, but at meets some guys would drink like 6 5 hour energies
>>
How long does a swimming session last for you /fit/
>>
>>38917310
2 hours including 15 min of stretching and 15 min of sauna
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.