[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone dealt with knee pain during squats and such? I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: ohfuckmyknee.jpg (5KB, 277x182px) Image search: [Google]
ohfuckmyknee.jpg
5KB, 277x182px
Anyone dealt with knee pain during squats and such? I've started getting it recently and it's really fucking my lower workouts.

The weird thing is, it starts flaring up when I'm warming up, but if I push through it and do some heavy squat sets it seems to subside. However I don't want to keep doing this as it'll no doubt make the problem worse.

Any experience or tips? going to see a physio soon.
>>
Your quads are tight. Loosen them and strengthen hamstrings. This plagues me
>>
Try leaning forwards more (make sure your back is at 45deg) Also make sure you're driving your knees outwards. Also try knee wraps
>>
talk to a doctor and get some knee sleeves. good ones not convenience store ones. I got Inzer XT knee sleeves and I've never regretted it
>>
Strange, anon, I've had almost the exact same problem as you, especially the part about it getting easier if you push through it.

Advice (my personal experience):
>Do a proper warm-up (light cardo, kinetic stretches, ect.)
>Also do a proper cooldown (static stretches. The human body is weird; if one muscle group is tight, it can affect other areas negatively)
>Do supplementary work to keep leg muscles balanced (just like with stretching, the body needs balance and will try to compensate in weird ways to accommodate for that)
>Wear a brace (you could easily have patellar tendonitis, very common)
>Lighten the load or take a break (overtraining is a real thing; listen to what your body is trying to tell you. 2 weeks off from squats isn't going to ruin your gains)

Again, this is all my personal, non-professional opinion
>>
>>38914224
>>38914229
>>38914232
>>38914328

Thanks guys, all great advice. Will see if I can get it fixed.
>>
>>38914345

foam rolling out your IT bands and quads might help. Calves too occasionally.

do some lightweight goblet squats. Aim for like 10 reps

Also if you think you're weak in your hamstrings try out glute ham raises, but make sure that you do them after you squat/deadlift
>>
I get this knee pain during squats and when running. I normally warm up with intervals on the rowing machine or bike, and my knee feels fine for some time, but the day after I can feel it flare up while running for the bus. Really fucks with my leg gains :/
>>
>>38915121
I just got done seeing a chiropractor about knee pain so bad I couldn't walk days after workouts. First day back doing legs, and I can immediately tell that the problem is stupidly tight quads. That's the muscle that controls and holds the knee together, so it makes sense.

Start stretching your quads a lot more than you are right now. dynamic stretches to warmup, static to cool down. Strengthen your hamstrings. Try and incorporate more Closed-chain exercises into your routine; Open-chain exercises just give your knee room to wobble and flex in ways you don't want it to. Keep the exercises double-leg until the pain stops.

Also, my guy told me that when it comes to cardio to cut out running entirely and replace it with swimming. It sucks, because I'm terrible at swimming, but the whole 'moving while floating' bit gets all the muscles working harmoniously instead of stressing one group more than the other. Grab a pair of goggles and find a trainer if you can't swim.

If you're taking care of it properly, you won't have any more flareups. You're young and healthy; this stuff goes away with proper mindfulness.
>>
>>38915446
Will def try this, thanks m8
>>
>>38914203
"Nah anon you don't need to stretch"
-some guy who doesn't squat because "his knees hurt"
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.