[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

quick question, /fit/, I weighed myself 3 days ago, in the morning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 58a.jpg (227KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
58a.jpg
227KB, 900x675px
quick question, /fit/, I weighed myself 3 days ago, in the morning right after waking up and taking a piss and I came in at 207.0
This morning I did the same thing and I weighed in at 211.4

What the hell happened? I know I eat ~2000 calries per day and I run for 30 minutes everyday and I do 5x5 and a set of crunches, sit-ups, etc

How the hell could I have possibly gained 3 pounds?

3 Months ago I was 230.0
>>
>>38893418
Water weight, iffy scales or you've got loads of shit waiting to come out your ass later in the day.
>>
Salt can hold 1000 times its weight in water
>>
It's just water retention, certain foods you may have ate stick with you longer and your body goes through a bunch of chemical changes that alter weight...... but you will be fine
>>
>>38893418
May be water weight if you ate a lot of sodium the day before, when I go to sushi buffets I usually weight a couple of kilos more the day after but I flush it away during the day.

Also
>set of crunches, sit-ups, etc
Get the fuck out of here
>>
Considering weight can fluctuate by like 5lb from day to day, how do you tell what your real weight is?

Related: how do you more accurately know what your TDEE is? Because i usually have a fairly huge margin of error, which didn't matter when I was huge, but now that I'm trying to run a 250 deficit it's killing my cut.
Note I'm not worried about calories in, i know that, but how do you know how much energy you expend? Fitbits and mfp way overestimate, and most formulas just x by 1.2 to get sedentary TDEE from BMR, which seems untrustworthy.
>>
>>38893542
Yeah I thought the same about his work out schedule, sounds like bullshit someone would say if they've only been working out for 2 weeks max.
>>
>>38893571
I do (a total) of 30 minutes running (Can't run the full 30 yet, at most 9m at a time)
At a separate time of the day I do this:
80lbs Dumbbell
Squats x5
Military Press x5
Shrugs x5
Row x5
(I stopped doing the tip toes because shortly after I started running, since I felt like I might be overworking my calves)
100 Crunches
10 Push-ups
and I do stretches beforehand
>>
>>38893560
You reduce the effect of random fluctuations by averaging multiple measurements. You can only know your real weight by accurately measuring the quantity of different tissues in something like a DEXA scan. But averages of 7 days' measurements is good enough for noticing changes larger than 0.5lbs or 0.25kg. Still, a change between 2 weeks of measurements is not very certain, seeing the same change on the third week is pretty certain evidence that your actual tissue mass is changing by the amount observed.

>but how do you know how much energy you expend
You don't, not directly. Calorie expenditure differs widly between different activities and people. Estimating it with formulas is too inaccurate to be useable.

You can infer your energy expenditure from observing that your weight is not changing and knowing your calorie intake because in that situation your intake equals your expenditure. The most accurate way of knowing your TDEE is accurately measuring your weight like above and finding the amount of calories at which your weight doesn't change. However, your TDEE can increase or decrease too. It's possible to increase or decrease calories by a little and still be maintaining weight. Also, if your daily activities are different from week to week, your energy expenditure is going to different too. This makes trying to guess your TDEE difficult as it won't be the same from week to week. You need to have at least two stable weeks where you do pretty much the same things each day in order to get useable data.
>>
>>38893418
More sodium, more stress (more cortisol), more sleep, less sleep, more fiber, pooped less, less sweating, drinking more water then drinking less, drinking less water then drinking more, eating at later times, etc

These are among the possible reasons why you could have been holding on to more water on this morning than 3 days ago. Unless you measure a dozen more bodily variables and adjust for them or get a DEXA scan whenever you want to know your weight, you can only achieve an accuracy of 500g or so by averaging morning weights and comparing weekly averages. You can't know your daily weight (not that there can be huge changes in tissue mass in one day), so pay no attention to these daily variations and average one week at a time.
>>
>>38893418
Shit happens.

Literally.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.