[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>9 to 5 desk job >think about lifting the entire day >do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

>9 to 5 desk job
>think about lifting the entire day
>do 5x5
>my program says go 3 times a week

I feel so weak? Is doing 5x5 without rest days a good idea?
>>
you can probably lift a lot heavier, suck it up little man
>>
Started this week, it's not as bad as I thought, was worried about the squats but just make sure you stretch and stuff and you'll be ready to squat the other days, also

It doesn't take long to do all 3 excersises, you can add some accesories
>>
>>38893207
do 4 days max, dont undervalue your rest days. Also going every day you might burn yourself out.
>>
>>38893207
No. i've done 6 months of 5x5 as per the routine advises (3 workout days). I agree it does start off pretty shitty (as all beginner programs do). I'd suggest doing AMRP (as many reps as possible) until, you start failing reps. doing 5x5 without rest days will eventually be too taxing and is just more time consuming.
>>
Jesus Christ kid
If it was a good idea, every fullbody program you see would be doing it.
>>
>>38893207
What the fuck do you mean, without rest days?

The program literally says to work out three days a week, meaning you take one rest day after each training and after one training per week you take two. What is hard to grasp about this?

If you feel weak, that's because you are. You don't even lift. Until now anyway. Work your way up slowly and you won't get burnout on training. In two months or so, if stuff goes well, you'll be squatting bodyweight. Soon after that, you DYEL, you'll say that this program progresses way too fast.
>>
>>38893532
Stop making sense

>>38893207
Youre an idiot, read the fucking site and follow the program
>>
5x5 is a meme, splits by body part are way superior
>>
>>38893207
No its not. But go do it anyway and find out for yourself. The only way some people learn is by doing retarded things themselves.

Also, SL tells you start with the bar but you're supposed to add weight. You should probably try that.
>>
>>38893207

you don't grow on lift days

YOU GROW ON REST DAYS

lift is 20% of the work

eating is 40%

sleeping is other 40%
>>
>>38893207

I want to do this program but completely change the program. Am I still doing the program?
>>
>>38893207

I tried going without rest days for a couple weeks once. What ended up happening was my joints (not my muscles) got so sore I had to stop lifting for awhile.
>>
Hijacking this thread
Should I do SL until I reach 1/2/3/4 or until 6 months and then switch?
>>
>>38893207
Dont listen to the idiots that say you cant train everyday. If you feel like it, do it. But keep a record of it. If you see that it hinders development, get some rest. Maybe you have high test and dont need rest days. Also if you train everyday ( natty) you will send grow signals everyday and shit im on my phone so no time for great explanations how muscles and so on work
>>
>>38893966
You grow right after workout idiot
Thats why you take protein after aswell
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.