[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got a 120kg squat from SS. It's still going up but I can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0672.png (25KB, 233x216px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0672.png
25KB, 233x216px
I got a 120kg squat from SS. It's still going up but I can only add weight twice a week. Should I switch my squats over to Texas method?
>>
congrats on doing SS correctly. you'll want to eventually transition to TM when everything begins to stall but there's no need to while you're still getting stronger at your current rate. i think rip suggested somewhere that you'd add a light day for squats (essentially the wednesday on TM)
>>
>>38891736
congrats on becoming a t-rex
>>
>>38891789
This. Weight until you're actually stuck to switch methods.
>>
>>38891789
>>38891800
>>38891811
Thank you my friends. Sips all round!
>>
I reached 140kg before switching.

No reason to switch if you're still adding weight. Rip said to change after 3 deloads fail to raise your weight
>>
>>38891736
Sounds like it'll be soon you need to switch to TM OP but see how much more you can squeeze out of it. If it helps I transitioned out of SS at about 125kg so sounds like we made similar progress. You've done well on it so see if you can grind out a bit more of the next month or so or just say fuck it and move onto the next phase.

Just a suggestion though, I went to TM for a while after SS and found it pretty unpleasant and boring. It's suited well to someone who knows the SS lifts in and out cause its based around them exactly and the layout is pretty similar, in the basic template anyway, but I found that a horrible grind and wasn't enjoying it. I switched to Candito's 6 Week after a recommendation on here and reviews of them online and haven't regretted it once. Personally I think candytoes made a much better routine and I suspect the only reason the SS guys promote TM so hard is because it fits their general workout scheme pretty closely. Sets of 5 forever kind of sucks though. Up to you what you go with and you may enjoy TM more than I did, but something to think about. Also, I got better aesthetics on C6W cause it has much more upper body work than SS or TM. Your call though.
>>
Nah you should switch to a hypertrophy routine so you don't look like a T rex
>>
>>38891990
My legs are pretty small actually. With the amount of upper body stuff you do on SS (chins, cleans, press, bench) I don't see how you can get overly developed legs on the program. I think the legs should be large anyway,

>>38891986
The plan was to stop SS once I hit 1234, but my deadlift is only 117.5kg since you only do it once or twice a week
>>
>>38892051
I managed to keep my DL higher than my squat and hit 3pl8 on it I think when I stopped SS. Candito's has more DL volume as well and I've made decent gains on it, almost at 4pl8 now.

Just so you know C6W is based on a 6 Week cycle, first couple of weeks are based on higher volume sets like 4x10 on squats and 2x8 on DL, things like that. Then it cuts volume and increased intensity as the weeks go by and on the fifth week you try to hit between 1 and 4 reps on what should be close to your max. You can then either test your actual 1RM on week six, do a deloading week or just start the next cycle. It's not just banging out the same sets and reps week in week out like TM and I think that's why I found it more interesting. But YMMV. Check it out at least, it's a free download on his site.
>>
>>38892051
1234 is pretty much a meme. It's not a good way to set goals on SS as its completely arbitrary. Some people are better at squatting than DL, as you've found. Other than that it just depends entirely on your genetics, diet, training consistency, form, and sleep how well you progress. Some people might hit 1234, but I'd bet most people don't get near it tbqh.

You can say you are decently strong when you hit 1234, but as a goal for SS its worthless.
>>
I haven't been adding weight per session since I hit about 80kg squat. I'm on 2pl8 for 3x5 atm Im lucky if I add weight once a fortnight. Having said that, the minimum I can add at a time is 2.5kg.
When people say they add weight every workout, do they mean a like 1 or 2 lbs or more than that? Do I really have to eat 5000kcal a day to do ss properly?
>>
>>38892117
Yes, they really mean that.
>>
>>38892117

Switch to something else
>>
>>38892097
I like rips methods because they're simple and it's all just barbell training. I'd like to get my clean to 2pl8 sometime in my life so that'd be cool

>>38892115
I'm so close to it, I'll get it by the end of the year
>>
Should I do SS if I have lifted on and off for about 3 years? I can probably bench 80 kg x5 and I have to cut.
>>
>>38892318
>I have to cut.
read SS
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.