[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fit/, my rotator has been twinging for weeks and i don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

/fit/, my rotator has been twinging for weeks and i don't know what to do. i've hardly lifted at all and it still pains me for certain movements. ibuprofen doesn't do anything. i am too poor to see a doctor. please help
>>
If it's stinging, be sure to lay off of lifting in that area.

Otherwise go buy some tennis balls. Put one on the ground and lay on top of it so that it is next to your rotator cuff, apply a bit of pressure and roll it around. If it is ever stinging, stop it is not supposed to be painful, but a economical way of easing tension.
>>
>>38891681
When does it hurt? What ROM is the pain the most?

I tore my subscapularis and went through like a year of shoulder rehab etc to find the cause so can help
>>
>>38891681
Explain when you feel the pain. Regardless, start resting it for at least a couple weeks.
>>
I've felt pain there for a while too, more specifically at the right shoulder only, I'm not sure what triggers it, it started hurting when I first went to the gym and would keep on hurting the whole time there, sometimes afterwards too. I wasn't really pushing myself though at the time and I haven't felt it since.

I think it is simply your body getting used to the new ways you're moving, is the pain non-stop? When exactly did it start? Did you start a new exercise or something? Mine could probably have been avoided if I bothered to warm up or stretch, but since I was lifting pussy weight it didn't matter much.
>>
>>38891723
ROM that hurts is mostly lateral adductions, but it's not exclusively those. just tensing my delt group causes general pain
>>
>>38891827
:(

Even laying on that side can cause it to hurt. and I occasionally get throbs.

Shifting gears in the car, etc.
>>
>>38891883
The pain is not nonstop, but it began a few weeks ago during a bench press. I discovered too late that benching is actually a meme. I waited a bit for it to die down.

Went back, I shifted to dumbbell ohp and within 3 reps the pain had gotten as bad as before (during the first 33% of ROM).
>>
>>38891964
I fucked up my rotator this summer, only way to heal is to rest arm atleast 2 months, no workout no nothing , put Ice on it to decrease inflamation and voltaren gel for pain , if you can't lift arm above shoulder or dont have feeling in arm then see doctor imidietly cause it can be tear in tendon
Protip: im nurse
>>
>>38891681
try thoracic spine mobilisation exercises for a week or so and see if that helps alleviate the symptoms, it might not be the rotator cuff itself causing you the pain.

If it persists, move onto RC rehab.
>>
>>38892337
Symptoms he described are rotator cuff related injury
>>
Had the same problem, this book fixed my shit.
>>
>>38892661
fuck off john
>>
>>38891723
Not the anon, but for me it's benches. Any chest session usually leaves my shoulders in pain, no matter how much I depress them during the workout
>>
>>38891681
Can't barbell press or dumbell press anymore without pain in my right shoulder during and after the workout. My left pec is bigger than the right one, so i am sure i have terrible form. There's also a lot of painless snapping sounds and pops when i move both my shoulders.

I like working out, but it seems like i am not build for press excersises. OHP gives me zero problems though, allthough i'm weak as fuck.
>>
FACEPULLS
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.