[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So how do we fix APT? Yes yes, I googled that shit already,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: hqdefault.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
So how do we fix APT?

Yes yes, I googled that shit already, I watched videos, read the sticky etc etc

I wanna know what the anons of /fit/ did to fix it.
What areas to stretch using what technique?
What areas to foam roll?
What muscles to strengthen doing what exorcise?

I'm tired of having a protruding gut, my ass is small enough now that I have been cutting successfully , but I s see my gut sticking out despite nut having that much belly fat to lose.
>>
File: image.jpg (20KB, 147x359px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20KB, 147x359px
>>
I just took ballet classes for 3 years, and eventually I got it fixed

> clench your buttocks
> contract your abs
> don't stick your ass out like the khardasians doing a selfie
>>
Strengthen your transversus abdominis, stretch the fuck out or whole ppsterior chain, erectors, glutes hams even calfs. Stretch your adductors and hip flexors and strengthen you lower partof six pack do alpt of revers crunches , leg raisea with your stomach vacumed in. Don let your rectus abdominis buldge out durinf any ab excercise. Easy.
>>
>>38891606
pretty much this. just be consistent about it. limit your sitting too.

planks help out a lot. make sure you contract your abs and squeeze your ass like there's no tomorrow.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGuU6A5D-iQ

This video seems legit although you'll require a specific machine which most gyms (mine included) do not have.

He also says that stretching doesn't do jack shit which I can almost 100% agree. Maybe it works on underage children on whom stretching has way more effect but not on adults.
I tried it for years and years with no success. I've become expert on stretching, knows all the best methods and shit but it just doesn't do jack shit for most adults.

Recently I started hitting the hams hard, going heavier on deadlifts every session, see if it works. Hope to god it does. I cannot bear seeing the sight of my posture anymore.

>>38891606
>revers crunches , leg raisea with your stomach

Also started this. It is safe to said that there is no hip-flexor activation during leg raises? I'm no expert on this and I'm horridly afraid of making things worse.
>>
>>38891650
not true, I used to not be able to do the splits but I stretch errday for 3 months and now I can do the splits
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjAK8E19T5A
http://www.somastruct.com/4-great-exercises-for-correcting-anterior-pelvic-tilt/
These two have been helping me OP, I still have a ways to go but honestly unless you're really bad doing these sort of stretches should help you get it fixed in under 9 months. Lifting with bad posture will also fuck you up so I would recommend only doing leg press and stuff that lets you move weight without having to worry about what position your back is in.
>>
>>38891650
I'm not saying I'm cured but stretches definitely help mine. Any of you guys get a pain in the outside of your foot, kind of below the ankle? If I don't do the stretches some shoes do that to me.
Just ordered some gear to put this book into practice.
>>
Thx guys, keep me posted.

It isn't nearly as bad as it used to be.
I also watched athlean-x ab workout video with exercises that don't involve the hip flexors.

I'm someone who is sceptical about stretches too, I did tons of them a year ago and it did jackshit...
>>
>>38891770
You have to do them daily for months, dingus.
>>
>>38891776
Who said I didn't?
>>
>>38891813
I assumed because doing those stretches daily for months should completely fix your posture
>>
>>38891753
Finished reading this about a month ago. Informative but I had already wine a ton of research on the subject so the book just reinforced what I had learned. Helped explain a lot I was feeling.
>>
>>38891579
kek
l
>>
Sleep on a harder surface. That's it
>>
>>38891837
It's why I'm sceptical of stretches.
Not only did they do nothing for me but waste my time, I also read concurring opinions of people that claim the same thing.

Even now in this thread someone posted a video of someone who has had no success doing stretches.
>>
So if stretches dont do anything, what do? RDLs? Romanian? Still going to stretch cos it cant hurt.
>>
File: image.jpg (30KB, 413x365px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 413x365px
Alot of shit advice here OP. Dont listen to these guys, youll only make it worse.

>70s big stretching for weight lifters (youtube)
>religious stretching of the lower back and hip flexors.
>static exercise for your abs i.e planks, ab wheel or vacuums. Sets of 4-5xF
>hamstring isolation like ham curls or raises for 8-12 reps.

For lower back grab onto something, squat down and tuck your ass under your back. Just do an ass to grass squat with butt wink. Focus on pushing your knees out for that there groin stretch as well while youre at it. Occasionaly you can also do a deadlift with the bar - 40kg, lift the weight slightly of the floor and hold it there while you focus on rounding your lower back. Stand on something if you need extra range.

For your hip flexors do pic related.

Stretch every other day. Work the abs and hamstrings 1,5 - 2 times per week.

Take it from someone who had severe issues with this, who tried all kinds of meds, massages and chiropractors.
Pain relief in 1-2 weeks. Complete fix in 1-2 months.

You can also watch Alan Thralls video "Your back is whack" on youtube. Id link it but Im on a piece of shit phone.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.