[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Routine calls for squats >Instead do heavy trapbar deadlifts,legs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

>Routine calls for squats

>Instead do heavy trapbar deadlifts,legs feel great but don't have spine problems and also training grip strength
>>
>dont tip the receptionist.
>its also her birthday.
>>
>>38887662

>Spine problems
>From squats

Hello DYEL.
>>
>>38887757
Hello beginner who's never squatted above 315
>>
>>38887770

Except I'm attempting a 500 lb squat a week from today.
>>
>>38887785
Make sure you yell LIGHTWEIGHT BAABBYYYYY
>>
>>38887785
"Attempting"

Did you make funeral arrangements?
>>
File: 1474641297510.gif (1MB, 245x280px) Image search: [Google]
1474641297510.gif
1MB, 245x280px
>>38887785
>>
>>38887785
literally don't bother arguing, 99% of posters that aren't in /plg/ are DYELs that have lifted for like 2 years at most
>>
>>38887662

Yes, Trapbar Deadlifts are great..... Let's not meme this because I love just being able to grab the trap bar whenever I want.
>>
>>38887785
RIP

>>38887833
Go shit off
>>
>>38887820
>>38887826
>>38887863

Hello DYELs.

How does it make you feel that I train 3 days a week and am 6'2, 211, 13% bf, and stronger than you without even lifting 2 years?

>>38887833

It's fun to make them mad though.
>>
>>38887833
>>38887915
There's literally no point of deadlifts or squats if you're not a power lifter you retarded fags.

RDL's, trapbar deadlifts and good mornings btfo conventional deadlifts entirely
>>
>forgot to leave an offering at the power cage
>stay up all night to fight off gains goblin
My bat is ready
>>
>>38887939

>How to spot a DYEL on /fit/: The Post

Thank you twink.
>>
File: bbc.jpg (70KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
bbc.jpg
70KB, 1000x1000px
>>38887915
>>
>post in a devlish thread
>dont post a story.
>misspell a word
>>
>>38887662
i do this too, lifting is just so boring if you are not holding the weight in your hands
>>
>>38887956
>There's only one way to lift!

If you sctually use your brain for a second you'll realize how overrated both of the lifts are
>>
>>38888004

You're right, replacing one lift with three certainly is a better way to get stronger and not at all more time consuming or hindering to overall training because of the overall volume used.

Fucking retard.
>>
>>38887785
>falling for the ego lifting meme

Get a hobby before you wreck your spine you fag.
>>
>>38887939
>no don't do deadlifts
>do deadlift accessories instead that are potentially even more dangerous
lol wut

also; implying I don't do all of that shit as accessories
>>
>>38888027
Except it isn't?

Deadlifts and squats are incredibly taxing, and not even that good for what they are.

Good mornings - best spinal erector exercise, much better than deadlifts

Trapbar deadlifts way easier on your back, are fun to do and suit way more people, some people just have issues with squats and deadlifts, we're built differently

Rdls take care of those lacking hamstrings

It doesn't end up being more volume dumb fuck.

Regular conventional deadlifts are because in order to get up to 5pl8 you need to do like 8 warmup sets

>1plate
>1.5plate
>2plate
>2.5plate
>3plate
>3.5plate
>4plate
>4.5plate

Then finally working sets...

Same with squats. And in the end you end up resting 6 mins between sets and having difficulty recovering.

>>38888096
They don't have to be, vast majority of people here aren't powerlifters
>>
>>38888096
>Trapbar dl's and good mornings are dangerous

B8
>>
>>38888131

>.5 pl8 increments before 3pl8

How to spot the DYEL. And you actually think warming up takes that long you're doing it very very wrong. It takes me ~15 minutes to warm up to a 4pl8+ squat or 5pl8+ deadlift.
>>
>>38888184
Good mornings are way more risky than DLs lol

GOAT exercise, but in no way safer than a deadlift.
>>38888131
lol no you only need like 3 warmup sets (1pl8 doesn't count)

t. Boris Sheiko
>>
>>38888186
That's still quite lengthy given your rest periods between working sets.

Just face it man, there's more than one way to lift. I know it's hard and the cult mentality is strong but try thinking for yourself
>>
>>38888131

Good mornings are almost universally considered more stressful and risky on the back than deadlifts. If you're throwing out conventional deadlifts because of the back stress but doing good mornings you are a moron.

You know how you were going on about Westside before? They will max out on pulls and squats all the time. They won't go hard on good mornings because of the risk (and that's a heavily arched good morning, not the standard ones).
>>
>>38888214

To be fair to Sheiko, that's at least partially because he starts considering them working sets at about 55%. Takes a lot less warming up when you're going through five or more worksets before you get to your top set for the exercise.
>>
>>38888079
Another perma virgin lifting for the girls instead of fun/stress relief.
>>
>>38888304
I do lift for fun, that's why I don't do conventionsl deadlifts or squats.

They aren't fun for me. I had a 400lb squat at 185 bw and I didn't enjoy it, fuck powerlifting desu
>>
>>38888330
forget it, all these autists want is to add numbers to their lifts, they don't care if low-bar squats gets them a herniated disk at 40
>>
>>38888301
You can still do it if you're going to like 90% (i.e. ~triples) There is literally no reason to increase in half-pl8 increments like that guy suggested.
>>
>>38888403
It's cool I'm just speaking out against the massive circlejerk over powerlifting online.

I mean the "sport" is so insanely unpopular irl but online it seems like that's the only measure of fitness.

I've done it, I got a 400lb, over 2x bodyweight but Ive grown up since then
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.