[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are planks and stomach vaccums, in addition to most big compounds,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: ab-workout.jpg (76KB, 1109x614px) Image search: [Google]
ab-workout.jpg
76KB, 1109x614px
Are planks and stomach vaccums, in addition to most big compounds, enough to get good abs?

I don't want to do anything that shortens the hip flexors.
>>
how the fuck do you stomach vacuum? is it just sucking your gut in?
>>
File: IMG_3613.jpg (15KB, 231x177px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3613.jpg
15KB, 231x177px
>>38887322

I think he means hollow holds but who knows.
>>
>>38887322
No. It's different than just sucking it in.

> Stand up, and place hands on hips.
> Exhale all air from your lungs.
> Stick your chest out (expand it).
> Push gut in as much as you can
> Hold this position and try not to suffocate
>>
I like cable crunches.
>>
>>38887350

That sounds fucking retarded.
>>
>>38887322
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9msEniBkbU

If you get your bf % low enough stomach vacuums could be all you need for aesthetic abs. It's all I do for them anymore since I got below 10% bf.
>>
>>38887341

no he means stomach vacuums. Notice how hollow holds are called hollow holds and stomach vacuums and called stomach vacuums.

That's how we know he meant stomach vacuums.
>>
Weighted crunches; pulls and pushes. these will be easiest to do on the lever loaded machines.

L Sit progression is also good for core strength, not for hypertrophy though unless you do these weighted. doable but uncomfortable with plates.
>>
>>38887364
It looks a little creepy in videos, but it's actually a really chill exercise that you can do when out and about, if you're discrete about it.

Most importantly It's one of the only ways to train your transverse abdominals, which are really important for aesthetics
>>
>>38887396
Crunches, hanging leg raises etc. may shorten your hip flexors. Which is harmful for muh aesthetics.
>>
>>38887369

Well fuck you anyway hollow holds are superior.
>>
>>38887350
Is it supposed to feel like you're trying to suffocate?

No shit that comes with pushing air out but wanted to make sure I'm not damaging my internal organs or something.
>>
>>38887498
Yeah, ive did them and it helps with a smaller waist and shit. Not harmful
>>
>>38887513
Amount a day you'd recommend?
>>
>>38887498
>he thinks that your organs will get damaged from sucking in your gut

If that were th case, humans would be extinct long ago.
>>
>>38887442
Anon you replied to.
I don't disagree about the hip flexors. however, this is largely avoided with regular mobility exercises targeting the waist.
>>
>>38887530
I'm a hypochondriac m8.
>>
>>38887541
Clearly.

You'll be fine. They're a good, simple, easy exercise to add size to abs.
>>
>>38887446
I think you mean the inverse plank
>>
>>38887301
Are you supposed to use your muscles to pull your gut in or suction, from like breathing in with mouth/nose closed

Idk how else to describe it but I feel like they are different
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.