[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>2016 >not doing Crossfit >not being a superior /fit/izen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8

File: Reebok_Crossfit_02_800.jpg.jpg (95KB, 800x462px) Image search: [Google]
Reebok_Crossfit_02_800.jpg.jpg
95KB, 800x462px
>2016
>not doing Crossfit
>not being a superior /fit/izen in stamina, muscular strength and endurance, flexibility, power, speed, agility, balance, coordination, and accuracy.

What is your excuse, /fit/?
>>
File: IMG_1150.jpg (134KB, 600x690px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1150.jpg
134KB, 600x690px
>>
>>
File: crossfit.jpg (39KB, 701x388px) Image search: [Google]
crossfit.jpg
39KB, 701x388px
>>38870563
>>
crossfit stunts your muscle growth
>>
File: laughing-retard.jpg (3KB, 199x253px) Image search: [Google]
laughing-retard.jpg
3KB, 199x253px
<-- typical cross-shitter
>>
>>38870563
the fuck are they doing
>>
>>38870643
calf-raises
>>
>>38870643
snatches you retard
>>
>What is your excuse /fit/?

CrossFit is absurdly expensive
>>
>>38870643
>Being retarded unironically
>>
>>38870957
Those doctor appointments adding up?
>>
>>38870563
Because crossfit is strongman for bitch niggas who don't wanna lift no heavy ass weight
>>
File: mro.jpg (130KB, 949x614px) Image search: [Google]
mro.jpg
130KB, 949x614px
>>38870563

>What is your excuse, /fit/?

My 'excuse' is that I like bodybuilding, not fitness. Why does this trigger CrossFit people so much? It's two entirely different things.

Why do CrossFit folks somehow assume someone that enjoys the introverted, solo, inward-looking, meditative, disciplined, quasi-artistic-mindset (sculpting), 'sport' (or whatever you want to call it) of bodybuilding would have any interest whatsoever in CrossFit? It is an entirely different thing; they couldn't be more different in my opinion.

It's like they assume we just don't know it exists and they are evangelizing some amazing thing to us.
>>
>>38871452
I don't mind Crossfit because they are exposing the public to olympic lifting. Seems like a good thing to me.

I think the bad programming will start to disappear as unskilled coaches get sued into oblivion.
>>
>>38871550

I'm not saying I hate it or love it or anything; just that it's crazy that they often assume they are introducing some magical new thing to people that automatically they should switch to; especially in the case of bodybuilding enthusiasts.

To be fair though I assume it's a lot of the newcomers to CrossFit that are like this; they are just super amped about finding something they enjoy and want to spread the love so I get it I think.

It is cool introducing weightlifting to a large part of the world that would never know about it though, you're right.
>>
>>38871387
This kek
>>
>>38871550

The bad programming is endemic. The whole model is complex movements at high repetition for time. It is set up to induce fatigue rapidly and make optimal performance of the complex movements difficult and potentially (inevitably) dangerous. Though individual boxes have some independence in their programming ability, they are still brand franchises, and so have to meet a certain centrally-defined measure of 'quality' in their 'product' to keep their brand license, which usually means following the WODs posted to the master site.
>>
Crossfit is cool! I'm just not THAT gay.
>>
>>38870610
Every time someone posts this it's a testiment to the fact the /fit/ knows literally nothing. This is a strongman exercise you stupid fucks
>>
File: 1436123930726.jpg (16KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1436123930726.jpg
16KB, 512x384px
>it's not a gym it's a box
>it's not a programme it's a WOD
>kipping isn't cheating
>correct form only slows you down
>'functional'
>>
>>38871653
mark pls go
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.