[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So im doing greyskull and was wondering what I could do instead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_2016-08-02-21-57-39.png (117KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-08-02-21-57-39.png
117KB, 540x960px
So im doing greyskull and was wondering what I could do instead of squats? I'm trying to take care of my knees at the moment and my only reason for lifting is for sport so squatting 4pl8 is no interest for me.
>>
>sports

Front squat.
It should be a bit easier on your knees too.
Make sure you're doing them right, the cross grip bodybuilders use is a meme.
>>
>>38866090
Front squats are harder on your knees you fucking retard. Jesus this board is retarded

>>38866010
Squats are mandatory for sport because they train the whole leg and transfer over to sports better than almost every other leg exercise. If you were training for bodybuilding it wouldn't matter. Wrap your damn knees and do squats. There's no other easy way, you'd have to do several different exercises. Power cleans, deadlifts and clean pulls come the closest to a full leg movement after squats but you're pulling something from the floor, not moving your body, doesn't apply to sports where you need to run around and jump.
>>
Testing, didn't read btw
>>
>>38866143
I'm training for triathlon competition and I really don't want to fuck up my knees. How are like he's compared to squats?
>>
you arent going to fuck up your knees
>>
>>38866320
What exercise is a "like he"?
>>
>>38866010
Don't take the risk of power lifting if you're in sports, do leg machines or better yet, intense leg calisthenics.
Look at the leg section in convict conditioning.
>>
>>38866143
>Squats are mandatory for sport because they train the whole leg and transfer over to sports better than almost every other leg exercise
Average Ripp's cocksucker, pls, stop. For athletes bulgarian split-squats are good substitution, every good coach knows it.
>>
>>38866619
Yeah because an auxiliary quad movement is exactly the same as a movement that activates hamstrings, calves, hips, glutes and lumbar spine.

You're a retard. No good coach has ever said that. You pulled that out of your ass after reading an article by some random paid journalist on t-nation.
>>
Interested in this,not open but I actually do have fucked up knees
>>
>>38866544
Fucking autocorrect i meant lunges*
>>
>>38866882
As a substitute to squats, next to worthless. You have to do multiple movements to replace squats, therefore you can't do greyskull.
>>
>>38866910
Well then would I have to design my own program? As stated before I don't care about lifting big, I just want to look good, run fast, swim fast, and bike fast.

But I do believe some weight training can benefit me, but I'm just not sure on how I should be lifting.
>>
>>38866994
Upper/lower format works best for athletic performance because you can get in a decent amount of volume while still training full body heavy twice a week. Muscle growth responds to volume so a split would best for looking good, but in the earlier stages while you're still weak and unable to injure yourself, squatting 2-3 times a week and doing linear progression will work better than a split.
>>
>>38867137
So would you recommend I keep doing greyskull? I have no pain in my left knee but i feel as I might of messed it up because it now clicks/pops while I jog?

I only squat 160lbs if that matters
>>
>>38867224
Keep going. Add some shoulder work as an accessory. Face pulls or rear delt flies. They're important in that variation for shoulder health. How much you squat does matter, but your prorgess will slow down and you'll change to a split before you get to the point where you seriously risk injury.
>>
>>38866777
>SPLIT SQUAT IS AUXILIARY!!!!
>BECAUSE I SAY SO!!!!!!!
https://www.defrancostraining.com/westside-for-skinny-bastards-part3/
>>
>>38866777
>You pulled that out of your ass after reading an article by some random paid journalist on t-nation.
From the other side, you are an average Ripp's cocksucker, and this is even worse, because Ripp is totally bad coach with no good athletes.
>>
>>38867834
I don't even squat. It's just a fact that every good triathlete does.
>>
>>38867824
>hey asshole I know you said squatting isn't necessary in bodybuilding for quad development, so here's an article saying lunging isn't necessary for quad development in bodybuilding because you can split squat instead of doing lunges

Have you considered suicide? The only substitute for squats in that routine is squatting with a different kind of bar on your back. It's still the same damn movement.

>inb4 it's a powerlifting routine

Yeah because you can totally go places in powerlifting without training the barbell squat. Fucking retard.
>>
>>38866777
>split squats
>quad focus
pick one you clearly never did split squats at a weight youd feel your muscles contract
>>
>>38868006
You're kidding right? Did you lock out your back leg or something? It's a quad exercise.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.