[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what do if I don't feel my glutes being activated during

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: los pepes.jpg (28KB, 400x341px) Image search: [Google]
los pepes.jpg
28KB, 400x341px
what do if I don't feel my glutes being activated during squats?

what does it mean?
>>
It means the squat plug isn't far enough in.
>>
>>38865457
Not going deep enough. No joke. Or possibly you haven't been doing squats long and the muscles that are your "weak" or under trained muscles are getting the bulk of the work and you just don't feel it in glutes yet.

>source: I'm a glute
>>
It means you arent using correct form. Your ass cheek muscles should be as sore as your legs. Keep your back straight and squat down to a 90 degree angle with the weight on the ball of your feet. When I do goblet squats, I keep going down until my elbows hit my quads.
>>
>>38865484
>>38865492
what do I do if I can feel my ass lifting slightly ahead of my chest before it catches up?

I can't seem to do it all in one motion

I go down to 135 squat and do it fine but as soon as I bump it up to like 165 i get the problem again
>>
Points your toes wider. You'll find that the closer your toes are to pointing forward, the more your quads work, and the farther they point outward to your sides, the more your glutes work
>>
It simply means you aren't using your glutes as much as your other muscles like quads and hamstrings.

contract your glutes and brace your core.
>>
>>38865565
how do I contract my glutes while squatting? I just tried and as soon as I descended they opened up it felt like
>>
>>38865591

Use them when your pushing up. Glutes are made for thrust.
>>
>>38865591
Hmmm....

Try this
>go to stairs
>climb stairs
>as you go up contract your glutes and don't straighten your knee until you are fully up

or you could use mark rippetoe's advice and imagine a chain pulling your lower back. or try imagining something is resting on your lower back and you need to thrust up with your ass.
>>
>>38865614
do you mean dont straighten the knee until I'm at the top of each stair or the entire staircase?

I never made a conscious effort to use my glutes during squats I thought it would be passively activated
>>
>>38865654
I worded it poorly.

You know how to thrust your hips like fucking right? It's like that.

Try doing glute bridges so you can get the feel on how to activate your glutes.
>>
>>38865556
And shove your knees out! Other guy here
>>
File: 1432030047177.jpg (108KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1432030047177.jpg
108KB, 640x640px
thank you anons, gonna try all this shit out next time I squat

I've been stalling at 185 for 5 reps for ages and it's really demoralizing
>>
>>38865839
I feel this. Been pulling my toes with a towel to stretch out. Long journey anon you'll make it
>>
It's literally impossible not use your glutes in a squat
>>
I only feel squats in my knees, what am I doing wrong?
>>
>>38865484
This is the most likely, imo. Also, just giving it some more time is a good way to see if this is the case.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.