[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fit/ I want to get into home workout. I cannot go to a gym because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: FB_IMG_1474422749959.jpg (14KB, 480x384px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1474422749959.jpg
14KB, 480x384px
/fit/ I want to get into home workout. I cannot go to a gym because of work scheduling. What is a good way to exercise decently in a small space like my room? What equipment should I buy
>>
>>38862301
Barbell and weights.

Weights go under bed
Barbell behind bedroom door.

Do a routine like greyskull or ss replacing squat with hip thrust.

Don't tell /fit/ because they think squats are twice as good as they actually are. And they think hip thrusts aren't easily 10x better than lowbar squats

Also do floor press instead of bench.

Boom, main lifts done.

For accessories you can buy some db. That is optional.
Also if you can a solid corner to put an end of barbell in, you can do landmine press and one arm rows with the bar.
>>
>>38862301
Pullup bar

Pullups, chinups, inverted rows, pushups, dips between chairs, ab work (planks, hollowbodies, hanging leg lifts), archbodyholds/supermans
>>
>>38862414
>>38862377
You anons are great, thank you! Im quite a noob at this so I'll have some homework to do after work, are medicine balls useful or shit? Also what's a good American retailer that sells this stuff for a relatively low price? Most equipment I come across is crazy expensive.

Also would you care to explain the squat vs hip thrust thing?
>>
>>38862490
Medicine balls are for elderly dyels and similar.

Hip thrust and squat are just two different exercises that target your posterior musculature (glutes and hamstrings and quads to a lesser extent - the further you move your feet away from your body the more quad engagement you get)

Lowbar squats are fantastic.
Hip thrusts are maybe not quite as good but a very suitable replacement for someone without a squat rack
>>
>>38862621
>the further you move your feet away from your body the more quad engagement you get
To be clear, this applies to hip thrusts, not squats
>>
>>38862621
Okay sounds good.

What about basic shit like push ups and running. Sorry I am an exercise retard
>>
>>38862414
Forgot to add in squats/pistol squats
>>38862675
Yes, pls do cardio
Weight traing pretty much beats calistenics work in most aspects but pushups/pullups is better than sitting on your ass doing nothing.
Personal anecdote but I developed some weird imbalance in my shoulder only doing pushups until I started doing rows and pullups
>>
>>38863164
What's a good way to ease and build into cardio, I am no good at it right now
>>
>>38863927
Honestly fuck aerobic cardio.
Do anaerobic cardio.

Shit like barbell complexes (i.e. High rep babyweight with lots of different compound movements back to back)
Burpees (i like to combine burpees with high rep inverted rows for fullbody)
Sprints (especially hill sprints)

I do almost exclusively barbell complexes and bodyweight push ups for cardio, rarely i do burpees and inverted row. I used to be super big into hill sprints until i moved to a place where it is more convenient to do cardio in my bedroom.
>>
Im in the army and i have limited room in my barracks but i git a pullup bar and i can always run. I also use my body armour for extra weights when i do prison style work outs mostly using body weight as resistance (but i also use my vest) a weighted runners vest will work to
>>
>>38864197
Thanks anon, this shit's good. When l was younger and played school football (the American kind) l did those kinds of exercises. Shouldn't be too hard to go back
>>38864244
That sounds great, thank you.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.