[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here has trouble motivating their family? >mom doesnt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_2618.jpg (54KB, 450x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2618.jpg
54KB, 450x320px
Who here has trouble motivating their family?
>mom doesnt wanna diet or exercise but insists she's losing weight regardless
>brother too busy stuffing his fat gf
>dad too diabetic to give a shit
How do I motivate the unmotivateable?

They've already expressed their interesting in getting /fit/.
>>
>>38850717
>They've already expressed their interesting in getting /fit/.
really?
usually when you express interest in something, you get into it/start doing it

If I say I'm interested in football, but never play it or watch it, am I really interested in football or am I just saying some bullshit to say some bullshit?

ur senpai ain't interested in getting fit. they are just saying that because saying "nah son I'm okay with being a piece of shit for now" is rather hard to actually admit to yourself and others
>>
File: Untitled.png (119KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
119KB, 1600x900px
How can I increase my The Press™? I've honestly been stuck on this plateau for so long now. Already do 5x10 side lateral flies, is there better accessory work I could be doing to increase this?
>>
>>38850882
woops wrong thread
>>
>>38850717
my nigga
>both parents and both brothers obese
>mother diabetic (blood sugar goes up to 340 fucking mg/dl)
>dad's got heart problems
>brother1 is probably getting a heart monitor in december, at 27 years old
>brother2 used to be fit, ride a bike everywhere, red belt in tae kwon do, now barely gets up from his chair

Mom still has the guts to drink diet coke with every meal.
They sometimes worry that I eat unhealthy ('too little') or that I exercise too much (gym 3x week)
Such is life in Mexico
>>
>>38850903
>Mom still has the guts to drink diet coke with every meal.
I do that.

What's wrong with that? Maybe this thread is my wakeup call
>>
>>38850975
>>mother diabetic (blood sugar goes up to 340 fucking mg/dl)
>>
>>38850991
Im not diabetic. I guess Im fine(?)
>>
File: Sad face animals (5).jpg (141KB, 1300x867px) Image search: [Google]
Sad face animals (5).jpg
141KB, 1300x867px
>Mom overweight
>Just turned 60
>Knees give her pain
>Has trouble getting around
>Doctor tells her she has to lose weight
>Refuses to for pretty weak reasons
>"If I lose the weight, I'll just have saggy loose skin. At least now it's filled out."
>"Can't give up my sweets with my tea. It's the only pleasure I got left."
>"What's the point in even trying to lose the weight, I don't go anywhere or see anyone?"
>TFW her reasoning makes me think she has depression or something, but she insists she isn't sad.

Why, ma?

I used to be the same weight as her. Seeing the problems she has gotten with age (plus knowing my father is diabetic) is what snapped me out of it and got me to lose the weight.

I just kind of wish that the improvements I've made could have in turn inspired her to at least change her diet, since I know exercise would actual be difficult for her now
>>
>>38850903
>They sometimes worry that I eat unhealthy ('too little')
>exercise too much (gym 3x week)
Same, famigo.
>eat healthy, workout 3x
>"mijo, te vas haver daño. Teja de haver eso"

>Such is life in Mexico
Salvadorian, except I live in California
>>
>>38851009
>It's the only pleasure I got left.
>What's the point in even trying to lose the weight, I don't go anywhere or see anyone?
That's actually pretty sad. Maybe she's secretly depressed about her looks?
>>
>>38850717
>trying out keto (about 30g of carbs a day)
>parents think it is a stupid idea
>"why not work out more?"
I work out about 45 min a day
>they want me to take probiotics and drink apple cider vinegar because of health reasons
>>
>>38851044
>30g
I thought keto was 20g?
>parents think its stupid
When will parents learn?
If I had a gain for everytime my mom thought I was mindlessly starbing myself
>>
>>38850997
dude coke is just a chemical cocktail of shit you don't need in your body, why drink it thrice everyday? no nutritional value, tons of calories, high sugar, and disgusting gas. It's a cheat meal, not your everyday drink
How much do you weight?

>>38851009
That sounds an awful lot like depression. I beieve it's easier to get yourself out of the hole the younger you are; my mom's 47 and she feels like her life is pretty much done at this point, when they diagnosed her as diabetic she just cried and cried feeling like it was an undeserved punishment. She also believes that when her sugar levels are normal-ish she is 'cured', then she gives 0 fucks, but then the levels skyrocket and she goes back to 'woe is me'
Talk to her before it's too late. My mom never listens when I explain her disease and the measures she should be taking to preserve her wellness. Maybe your mother could use some counseling, find out why she doesn't leave the house and what could make her want to do it again.
And exercise is always good, really. Even more with weakened joints, it just need to be adjusted to her possibilities, but strenghtening the body will always be a good idea for anyone.
>>
File: 1419033096577.jpg (16KB, 500x558px) Image search: [Google]
1419033096577.jpg
16KB, 500x558px
>at a healthy weight but suffering from depression and low self esteem
>decide to lose the skinnyfat body, work out and use CICO
>best friend is morbidly obese at 230+ and less than 5 feet tall
>eats fast food every other day and constantly asks people for a bite of their food
>friend also has a metric fuck ton of health problems because obese
>she tells me that she's going to start an exercise routine to lose weight
>"That's great! Do you count calories? You should because you'd lose weight faster"
>"Uh no anon that actually doesn't work, you can only burn fat with exercise not by eating less"
>Explain CICO to her and how fat cells work
>"That only works on skinny people who have higher metabolisms and my metabolism is extremely slow"
>Explain how obese people have a higher TDEE
>"Anon I disagree and this conversation is over"
>Mfw
>>
the first step is admitting that you have a problem, the second is admitting that you actually want to do something about it.

Do you know any place where you can show them up close and personal the long-term effects of being a fat unhealthy piece of shit? Preferably on living targets, and especially on people they know or care about.
>>
>>38851465
BBC recently did a show where they performed an autopsy on a 250lbs obese woman. Not a living target or someone close to them but it's very straight forward look at how they'll end up if they continue treating their bodies like shit.
>>
File: sadpepe_0.jpg (24KB, 385x385px) Image search: [Google]
sadpepe_0.jpg
24KB, 385x385px
>>38851066
>tfw your mom gets angry because you refuse to eat the cake she and my aunt made together

Well I think everything comes with a cost.
>>
File: image_8.jpg (145KB, 750x745px) Image search: [Google]
image_8.jpg
145KB, 750x745px
>>38851396
What the fuck
>>
>tfw spiraling into a depression because I cant get my mom to go to the gym
God fucking dammit, mom, I want you to be here for a long time. Let me help you
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.