[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will this exercise fuck up my elbows? Everyone always says skullcrushers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

Will this exercise fuck up my elbows?

Everyone always says skullcrushers will destroy your elbows if you do them enough
>>
>>38841809
kek no you will be fine
>>
Don't lock out and pick a weight you can do quick reps but with full range of motion
>>
Wait... I do them on flat bench.

Have I been fucking up?
>>
>>38841825
>Don't lock out

W-what?
>>
You will end up with a skull fracture if you keep doing them
>>
Not to thread jack, but have you seen Rippe's vid on triceps extensions. He talks about triceps pushdowns and how most people don't use the correct ROM. He then gives >muh barbells as the only reason why extensions are better.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-rh3MHnRI_I
>>
>>38841809

Skullcrushers are a meme exercise that don't train the triceps completely.

Google Rip's video of how to do laying triceps extension for how to train them properly.
>>
>>38841809
Yes. Just like deadlift and squat will fuck up your back.
>>
File: 1474649249218.jpg (147KB, 750x1026px) Image search: [Google]
1474649249218.jpg
147KB, 750x1026px
>>38841857
>>38841860

Well hiveminded anon, beat me to the link.
>>
>>38841809
you must choose a weight that wont cause overuse injuries, and correct ROM.

This applies to any exercises that only use one joint
>>
>>38841837
Don't extend your elbows until they can't anymore.
>>
>>38841898
Why

isn't that how youre suppose to do literally every lift?
>>
>>38841914
Seen the vid of the woman who locks-out in a leg press?
>>
>>38841948
That's different.

Are you telling me I'm not suppose to lock my knees on squats, or elbows on overhead press or bench press???
>>
>>38841977
Time under tension, you nogainz.
>>
>>38841809
Why are you doing them at all???
They are a meme for BB.com idiots.
>>
Skullcrushers are great, but not for ego lifters.
>>
>>38841825
>full range of motion
>don't lock out tho
pick one retard
>>
>>38842285
this
>>
>>38842285
They're actually a pretty good assistance to pressing movements. But as with most assistance movements outside of chins and back extensions, they're not really something novices need to worry about.
>>
>>38842278
That's a meme

If you don't lock out that's not full ROM which will lead to issues
>>
>>38842542
Such as?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.