[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where do you think you would be right now in your fitness journey

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (67KB, 807x662px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67KB, 807x662px
Where do you think you would be right now in your fitness journey if you had never discovered /fit/?

I honestly believe I would have given it up if I hadn't found this godforsaken website. This site made me realize I was doing a typical brosplit that was 6 days a week, so I switched to SS and made amazing gains. Then that opened up mind to all kinds of fitness stuff like programs, diet, popular fitness people, powerlifting, etc. All cause of this Norwegian nipple piercing forum
>>
File: 1469572779029.jpg (11KB, 346x346px) Image search: [Google]
1469572779029.jpg
11KB, 346x346px
>>38837913
I was doing a brosplit on a caloric deficit before I found /fit/, it doesn't get any worse than that.
>>
File: 1474725214344.jpg (214KB, 2040x1386px) Image search: [Google]
1474725214344.jpg
214KB, 2040x1386px
>>38837913
Did 1x10 sets of machine stuff
>>
>>38837913
I have seen a "study" posted around here before that agrees with that poster. Of course, anyone could have made the graph that I see posted every now and then.

> 3x6 because I like even numbers
>>
File: rep ranges.jpg (118KB, 877x727px) Image search: [Google]
rep ranges.jpg
118KB, 877x727px
>>38837913

>shitpost on /fit/ for a year-ish
>might as well go to the gym so I can understand what people are talking about
>go to gym
>still DYEL
>still dead inside
>>
>>38837913

I would still be an overweight alcoholic. /fit/ bullied and shamed me into finally giving up the alcoholic jew and taught me the importance of clean eating and calorie counting. I don't lift weights, but I am making good mobility gains from 5x a week yoga and sick leg gains from biking my two daughters everywhere in a trailer (which I also started doing thanks to /fit/).

Overall I'm happier, more emotionally stable, and eating many times better than before I started lurking here, and I'm forever grateful to all those anons who've called me weak and a faggot and sometimes offered encouragement and helpful advice while calling me weak and a faggot.

I'm also much more critical of my physique and appearance which is a bit of a double edged sword.
>>
>>38838082
You can still drink and lift, feels good mane
>>
File: as long as I can lift.jpg (70KB, 955x710px) Image search: [Google]
as long as I can lift.jpg
70KB, 955x710px
>>38837913
>Have money
>Go to gym frequently, chance to be social
>Hang out in /fit/
>The bunch of unwashed Hikkineets start making me think a home gym is a great idea
>Bite the bullet because I have a job so I might as well
>Have homegym
>Only then do I realize what a big part of my social life was the gym
>Become more autistic by the day, just wake up, work, lift, sleep
>Completely lose sight of why I started lifting and I just keep lifting out of habit and because I'm scared of losing my gains
>I'm pretty sure I'm at least slightly gay now

T-Thanks
>>
Honestly /fit/ has been great

I learned about strenght and form, i used to just go in the gym do random shit and like an hour of cardio, know i have a good routine and stick to it and I've actually helped noobs in doing their squats/ohp/deads/bench and which has given me good social skills and met cool people in the last two years of being on /fit/

The /sig/ also helped, i am currently enrolled in uni and will graduate next year, all thanks to /fit/

Shitposting is also fun and starting /fhg/ and stuff has made me feel better and try to be better
>>
>>38838133

Oh I still drink, just these days I have a glass of red wine (5oz) a night instead of drinking myself to oblivion an beyond. As for lifting weights I would really like to, there's a gym about a block and a half from my house that runs $40CAD/month, but between my daughters and house chores and the yoga I do almost everyday I find myself making excuses for not signing up.

Guess I am still a weak faggot.
>>
File: 1473993372844.jpg (74KB, 400x387px) Image search: [Google]
1473993372844.jpg
74KB, 400x387px
>>38838256
I hear you man, I dont go to the gym but $40 seems like alot, you're better off buying your own equipment, I live in Toronto and im surrounded by gyms but dont want to lift near other plebs, that was my excuse whenever i felt like i wanted to workout but didnt. Having your own equipment, you can lift whenever the fuk, im happy i saved up my money and bought stuff
>>
>>38837913
My fitness journey came long before I ever came to /fit/; /fit/ didn't even exist when I started my journey which I guess technically started back in like the early 2000's when my mom signed me up for "weight watchers" as a pre-teen. I would've still been fit regardless of ever coming to fit, fit is just an accessory to my pre-existing lifestyle. I actually come here to give advice, I rarely find a post that actually gives me new accurate information I didn't already know. I also come for the fat hate, as a former fatty now recovered it gives a special satisfaction.
>>
Found fit because I wasn't able to kata guruma which was keeping me from progressing in my judo.
Now I have broke through the technique wall because I have developed specific muscles and have a great flexibility routine.
I use machines at my gym, which is a sin around here, but they give me the ability to add strength to very specific muscles to help specific movements in my judo.

Thanks to fit, I've gone from being someone that lifts people and puts them down, to being someone that lifts heavy people and puts them down forcefully.
>>
File: fitshiggyrip.jpg (9KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
fitshiggyrip.jpg
9KB, 240x240px
Probably never have started. As bad as this place is, I owe 4chan a lot of my personal development (trying new music, getting into DIY things and biking, working out, cooking and building a computer - learn a prog language is my next to-do).
>>
>>38837980
shit me too. forearms and chest 4 times a week. i had a 1 plate bench and ate like 1500 cals a day
>>
>>38838061
Fake graph, but you had me googling scholarly articles. Well done, faggot.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.