[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is yoga for strength training a meme /fit/? >seems like a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3330.jpg (180KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3330.jpg
180KB, 750x1334px
Is yoga for strength training a meme /fit/?

>seems like a lot of being flopped on the floor to me
>>
>>38821871
It must be for flexibility and body movement, not strength.

Look up broga though I guess, maybe that, but if anything it would be more along the lines of toning and endurance.
>>
If your squats hit a plateau, chances are yoga will fix it.
>>
>>38821871
No, it will keep you flexible and it can strengthen you in ways that simple strength training will not.
However too much flexibility is a weakness when it comes to total strength.
>>
>>38821871
Yoga can fix muscle imbalances and improve flexibility and balance. If you have any of those problems, which are pretty common, yoga will probably help. There are other things you can do instead obviously, but some yoga classes let you meditate at the end which is actually kinda comfy and its nice having at least one hobby that lots of women are involved in
>>
>>38821871
Tfw no pawg qt to cheer me up
>>
>>38822014
>However too much flexibility is a weakness when it comes to total strength.
bullshit
>>
>>38822014
>However too much flexibility is a weakness when it comes to total strength.

Where on earth did you hear this bullshit? There's a reason why Football players, boxers, etc sometimes train ballet for flexibility.

Stop spitting nonsense.
>>
Yoga isn't "for" strength training, but it will make your muscles better organized/better at moving and working together. Expect more output per unit of force that your muscles are capable of producing.
>>
>>38821871
for strength? LOL yes
for flexibility? no, totally worth it.
>>
>>38822410
Too much flexibility leads to weaker joints.
Some flexibility is good but the level of flexibility in yoga is not.

Sure it's great if you aren't really into strength training and only want to remain relatively strong supple and flexible. But for people looking for maximum strength and power output that level of flexibility, depending on what they do, it can be disastrous.

Can you show me some articles or even blog posts that say the opposite, I'll be happy to read them. I'm not being an asshole i"m serious.
>>
>>38822410

He articulated it pretty poorly, but he actually does have a point. It's just a point that's really irrelevant to most people.

Technically, flexibility way over and above what you actually need for your sports-specific movements will marginally reduce the strength of the muscle contractions that happen within that range of motion. Muscles contract harder when they go near the limit of their ROM, because the same reflex that makes them tense to protect themselves becomes a part of the contraction for the sports-specific motion.

It's just that this is really only a consideration for elite athletes, who already have amazingly well-organized movement and who have an extremely specific set of goals. The enthusiast just doesn't need to think about it at all, and is much smarter to just get as much flexibility and injury-prevention as possible.
>>
>>38821871
Is yoga and stretch out the new netflix and chill?
>>
>>38822508
Are you a national level competitor in your sport? Then it won't affect you
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.