[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

fit noob here Are these soups good budget nutrition? I am trying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

fit noob here

Are these soups good budget nutrition? I am trying to stay under 155 lbs while replacing fat by muscles. I usually buy these on sale at the supermarket 3 cans for $5 cad
>>
>>38820167
240cals for 14 grams of protein

you may as well eat chicken or tuna instead
>>
File: 000_2312.jpg (850KB, 2856x2142px) Image search: [Google]
000_2312.jpg
850KB, 2856x2142px
ingredients
>>
File: laughing-retard.jpg (3KB, 199x253px) Image search: [Google]
laughing-retard.jpg
3KB, 199x253px
>>38820167
>7g of protein
>>
>>38820167
Is it just me or should it be illegal for manufacturers to give nutrition facts on a serving size that no one adheres to?

Who in their right mind would open a tiny ass can and only eat 250ml and then put 290ml in the fridge for later? No one. You'll eat the whole damn can. Just put the fucking nutrition facts for the whole can. I can understand a general guideline of 100g/100ml but 250ml out of 540ml? Are you kidding me?
>>
well I conditioned myself to eat half a can of Chunky style soups per meal

but i'm not trying to bulk up - i wanna look like MC Ride

also, lost 50 lbs of fat since a couple years
>>
File: 1441637861793.jpg (18KB, 510x476px) Image search: [Google]
1441637861793.jpg
18KB, 510x476px
>>38820167
>7g of protein
>>
>>38820167

Why are all canned soups always so high in Sodium content?
>>
>>38820167
these are absolutely fucking disgusting. i was craving beef stew a couple weeks ago and bought a can because i couldn't be arse bothered to make proper stew myself (it was still "summer" at the time). when i poured into the bowl what i got was a foul smelling, preservative laced, congealed mess. i tried fishing out all the bits of "meat" and you know what i found? out of a 380ml can of the stuff there was literally only like half an ounce of "meat". not even good "meat", it looked like canned spam colored brown. never again. fucking disgusting shit. thank god fall is here and i can make my bi-weekly beef stew again.
>>
>>38821463
salt = taste
>>
>>38821463
keep the shit eatable
>>
>>38821488
no you ass hat. it's to make that shit last on a shelf forever. if it was there for "taste" then the only taste people would associate with salt is the "taste" of shit.
>>
>>38821463
Because canning is a form of food preservation and salt is a very effective means of preserving food and has been used for literally ever.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curing_%28food_preservation%29
>>
>>38820167
My general rule is anything with way more carbs than other macro is a a bad buy. You'll never have trouble getting carbs for the day. I'm a C student who never even thinks about micronutrients though
>>
>>38820167

Cook your own damn food. Buy those big bags of brown rice that are pretty cheap, as well as different types of beans, bouillon cubes, and spices. Seriously you'll end up saving money and eating healthier. It's better than the processed shit from a can. Just search up some cooking guides for college students (on a budget).
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.