[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /fit/, i'm a beginner at lifting and I have a body fat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 360_1.jpg (108KB, 275x275px) Image search: [Google]
360_1.jpg
108KB, 275x275px
Hey /fit/, i'm a beginner at lifting and I have a body fat percentage of ~20% and I was wondering if I should mantain, bulk or cut. I've read some comments suggesting one should not bulk with more than 15% body fat, others saying one does bot build muscle mass if not bulking, etc. So what can you tell me?
>>
>>38819446
Cut at a 500 calorie deficit.
Do a beginners strength routine, you will still build muscle
>>
>>38819446
Whats your goals famalam
>>
>>38819568
This anon knows whats up.
Take advantage of noob gains to cut and gain muscle
>>
Just make sure you are eating more protein than carbs and fat, then it the same amount or a little less. If you have a sugar addiction you relieve yourself with one lollipop in the evening so you can sleep. On saturday you may ear candy, but you must appreciate every bite. If you find yourself just stuffing your face you throw the rest in the garbage.
>>
>>38819626
OP here, I want to both loose fat and build muscle
>>
>>38819852
>>38819568
Got it thanks for the advice Anons
>>
>>38819446
I don't know man, if you only want to look decently /fit/ I'll recomend cut first. If you want to lift heavy and get a superhero physique then bulk.
I started myself fat at aprox 25 to 27% bf and when I was lean enough (14%) I realized I hated it.

At that point in time you will not have any muscle to show it off, You wont be shredded after only cutting for 3 to 5 months because you have 0 muscle beneath the fat. Also cutting only drains you from your noob gains you could get while bulking. It was then that I realized I wasted a good chunk of my time to be skinny yet had no muscle to show it off. I bet you have heard it before, abs on a skinny guy are as good as tits on a fat chick.

ATM I'm bulking and it´s way better, I may not have abs right now as I'm at 16-17% bf but the rest of my body looks way better. You gotta think on long term here, like 1 or 2 years ahead. Cheers.
>>
>>38821883
>Abs on a skinny guy are ...

But it's true though.
You look MUCH better when you're lean and are also healthier and have higher testosterone.

Even if you had a ton of muscle at 25% it looks like shit because you have zero definition
>>
>>38821883
You know you say all this shit but you are still sitting at 16-17% bf which is what everyone is essentially recommending.

>>38823017
>Even if you had a ton of muscle at 25% it looks like shit because you have zero definition

This guy got it right. At 25% even if you muscle you can't really see it below the fat. You just look like a DYEL fatty with good genetics because everything seems to be in place.
>>
>>38819446
Never bulk above 15%
You will gain muscle on a deficit.
Your threshold for adaptation is low.
Your energy availability is high (even in a deficit)

This man is fake natty, but gives good advice
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BLBzVRrdKIs

This man is a natty doctor, and gives factual advice
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ud7CnPJcK6U

Trust me, I'm an expert.
>>
File: tumblr_ml7707Odwj1s71ztko1_500.jpg (23KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ml7707Odwj1s71ztko1_500.jpg
23KB, 500x385px
I'm in a similar situation as OP, will I still be able to get noob gainz if I eat at an 800 calorie deficit with a higher protein than carb and fat intake or will this be too high a deficit?
>>
>>38823017
Nobody is talking about getting to 25% bf if you are bulking at that bf% then you are lost.
>>38823390
Yes, which the OP could get by simply doing a recomp and bulking, way better than cutting.
>>
>>38823598
Carbs and fats are good.
800 deficit is probably fine.
>>38823672
Ignore this fagtard
>>
Will someone who cuts at 20% and does SS gain the same muscle mass as someone who bulks or maintains at 20%?

My understanding is that if you have above say 10% body fat then if you're not getting enough calories from food to repair muscle then your body will use up its fat stores. However maybe it's the case that fat stores aren't released quick enough to rebuild muscle so the person will just stall?
>>
>>38819446
I would say 100% cut to about 13-15%. 20% bodyfat is unhealthy and doesnt aid you in any way performance wise.
>>
>>38824298
This is not fucking rocket science mate. If you are cutting your strength progress will slow, even if it's not by much. If you are bulking as a beginner your strength progress will speed up.

This is some very simple and logical shit, don't confuse it.

In the end it doesn't matter just cut until you are at a good BF% and go from there.
>>
I like how nice the people on this board are.

when I went to /g/ for help with something, earlier today, they all were assholes to me.
>>
Whatever you do make sure you are lifting. If you cut while lifting your body will burn more fat and less muscle and you'll retain what little muscle you have. Then you can bulk if you don't like the result of that.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.