[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is lifting an worthwhile hobby? I'm deciding if I want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (93KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93KB, 1080x720px
Is lifting an worthwhile hobby?

I'm deciding if I want to keep weight training, or if I should branch out and do other physical hobbies (club sports, rock climbing, hiking) . I really really love lifting, powerlifting and even doing some crossfit wods on my own here and there, but would something like rock climbing or playing a club sport be more rewarding? There's the stigma of the Autist who does nothing but squat, I don't want to be that guy.

Is lifting an actually respectable hobby, by itself? Is it really that great to be aesthetic, if you don't do any other physical activity/sport?
>>
Do whatever you enjoy more. You can most certainly make lifting a social activity by lifting with a club or with friends, but if you'd rather do something else physical, why not?

On a side note, I'm not sure why you're asking a bunch of losers on a cartoon image forum for social advice. That's pretty autistic, desu.
>>
Who gives a fuck? Try new shit if you want. There's nothing inherently better about doing 1 or 2 or 3 or more different things. Just do whatever you enjoy.
>>
Masturbating is the only enjoyment I have in life.
>>
>>38809700
no idea op. scuse me while i bust a load over these crosstits
>>
>>38809700
She's murdering her wrists, make her stop.
>>
Be extra autistic about it and figure out the point of diminishing returns and then craft a custom hobby set around your autism.
>>
>>38811336

you also might want to develop hobby packs, like presets you can switch between, upon polling your brain and social stats to see if you're maintaining optimal levels boop of beep
>>
File: 211miss.jpg (34KB, 700x569px) Image search: [Google]
211miss.jpg
34KB, 700x569px
>>38810853
a lot of lifters catch their jerks like that, it's not a big deal
>>
>>38809700
sure OP

it's fun and you can keep getting stronger into your 40s, injury risk isn't too big as long as you aren't too retarded with your lifts

if you don't enjoy it just do something else, you don't have to lift
>>
Caring about looking like an autist makes you look much more autistic that actually doing that thing you think looks autistic, for a start.

People lift for different reasons. Personally, right or wrong, aside from the friendships I make lifting (you can make friends in any hobby) I lift almost entirely for aesthetics, and so there isn't much that could compare as a hobby for me achieving my goals. I dont have a clue what you want to achieve with your hobbies. You are the only one who can decide what hobbies suit you best, but not lifting solely because you saw memes on the internet makes you a sperglord king of autists who is guaranteed to never make it in any aspect of life.
>>
To be honest I have literally no interest at all in fitness and don't' even like discussing it or being associated with people that enjoy it. Bodybuilding and powerlifting are far superior in every way (to me) to 'fitness' as a hobby.

Bodybuilding = meditative, introverted hobby/sport that when taken even relatively seriously hones the mind and body into a spear-like focus (and carries this over into other aspects of life).

'Fitness' = healthy lifestyle for those that like cheerleader/happy/social type stuff.

Power-lifting is like a happy medium between the two but without all the 'healthy HASHTAG FITFAM, etc.' stuff.

Professional bodybuilders are almost monk-tier in their discipline while fitness people seem like genuinely happy, outgoing, social types.

So, to each their own.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.