[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy shit, /fit/, this exercise saved my life. >hip pain for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8

File: Screenshot_2016-09-22-15-50-52.jpg (496KB, 1080x956px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-09-22-15-50-52.jpg
496KB, 1080x956px
Holy shit, /fit/, this exercise saved my life.
>hip pain for 2 years
>back pain starting to creep up
>see physio
>he tells me I'm stiff as a board in my hamstrings, glutes and lower back
>start doing stretches like pic related with a kettlebell, varying stance width
>mostly do extremely slow eccentric RDLs
>pain no more, and added 20kg to my deadlift thanks to increased mobility
>>
also stiff as a corpse here

tell me moar
>>
>>38807863
crossfit pls go
>>
>>38807930
What I do is basically a slow negative romanian deadlift, keeping my spine neutral. I do this with different foot positions.

>>38807954
>mobility = crossfit
You must be joking
>>
>>38807863
>added 20kg

So you can lift the bar now? A little confused
>>
>>38807863
Thanks op, i have such shitty mobility I stopped deadlifting entirely. Any anons that can post other good mobility exercises?
>>
>pain no more, and added 20kg to my deadlift thanks to increased mobility
such broscience much wow
>>
>>38808292
I get into a much better starting position for DLs now without my lower back rounding. It's not broscience, it's logic
>>
>>38808343
99,99% of people can get to the starting position without any mobility work. its a matter of proprioception and proper technique, not "mobility". and lower back rounding would allow you to lift more.
>>
>>38808284
Not OP, but for DL I would do Hipthrusts and slow RomanianDL, you don't have to use a kettebell like a faggot.
Essentially try strengthening your hams and glutes, this should help with posture and mobility.
Also foam rolling actually helps, if it's not your thing try looking sth up on youtube, tons of people give great advice. I'd be more specific, but I don't know the source of your problem.
>>
File: lift.png (30KB, 223x259px) Image search: [Google]
lift.png
30KB, 223x259px
>>38807863
Do you guys think this is useful?
>>
>>38808442
Thank you for actually helpful advise anon! Will indeed need to start doing a bit of research into the matter.
>>
File: this-is-bait.jpg (14KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
this-is-bait.jpg
14KB, 255x255px
>>38808384
try harder
>>
>know your shit is tight
>don't do mobility work
honestly what did you expect
>>
>>38808756
I know, but better late than never.
>>
File: images.jpg (11KB, 282x179px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11KB, 282x179px
>>38808450
For some reason I'm able to "feel" it more in my hamstrings when I do RDLs with dumbbells instead of a bar. I do both though

>>38807863
Good shit bro. Disregarding "core" strength, mobility, and stability is one of the most retarded memes around today.

Also, as a side note to those with lower back issues from deadlifting. I'm long legged and relatively short armed. I suffered lower back injury after lower back injury from deadlifting for years and recently discovered pic related (putting a plate under the other plates). It has literally saved my spine.
>>
>>38808678
not even baiting, stay DYEL
>>38808756
>>38808877
"mobility" work and "stability" is one of the most retarded memes around today
>>
File: 1436642089044.jpg (132KB, 634x858px) Image search: [Google]
1436642089044.jpg
132KB, 634x858px
>>38809113
I have a feeling you are fat as shit and/or have been lifting for less than a year...

You strike me as a person who criticizes everything that is not lifting weights when it comes to physical fitness. The kind of retard who believes that running and bodyweight movements are useless and IIFYM is a longterm diet lifestyle. You also probably think that by "stability" people mean "not shaking when you do a squat" instead of proper isometric strength.

You will never make if you have this xenophobic superiority complex when it comes to physical fitness.
>>
>>38809298
i total 550@80, not much but still

bw stuff IS useless. running is ok provided it is high intensity (hill sprints). i dont do iifym

just doing the big lifts with proper form is the best way to develop "stability"
>>
>>38809113
>99,99% of people can get to the starting position without any mobility work
>"mobility" work and "stability" is one of the most retarded memes around today
>not even baiting
Sure thing buddy.
>>
>>38809340
Yes, some stuff is useless (see: crossfit), but if you're not flexible enough to even get into a good starting position there's no way you can brace properly or use your belt to its full potential. 550 is decent but you're seriously missing out with your retarded mindset
>>
>>38809340
>implying basic body weight movements such as proper push-ups, full ROM pull-ups, and deep bodyweight squats and lunges aren't the safest and most effective way to build muscular endurance as well as strengthen ligaments and tendons.
>implying muscular endurance is useless
>implying toes to bar hanging leg raises aren't THEE most effective abdominal training movement
>implying running 5+ miles, 2 to 3 times per week doesn't give you god tier work capacity
>implying shit like improper form HIIT sprints up hills done by chubby retards reading bodybuilding.com / tnation.com articles haven't led to more ankle injuries and blown out hamstrings than any other training protocol.
>implying your definition of stability doesn't stem from a one paragraph explanation by mark rippetoe found in starting strength which boils down to his retard philosophy of "one dimensional answers to multidimensional problems"
>implying world class Olympic lifers, powerlifters, track + field athletes, and martial artists don't do mobility work on a daily basis
>implying a 550kg total is remarkable in anyway and isn't achieved by high school football players...most by their junior year.
>implying you are not just lazy and can't be asked to things you don't like
>implying you will ever be anything less than mediocre
>>
>>38809577
confirmed for not knowing how to properly coach people to deadlift
rippetoe has coached literally thousands of people to deadlift and no one has had the problem of getting into the starting position due to shitty flexibility
>>38809953
why would bodyweight movements be any better in building endurance than basic barbell movements? theyre not bad for sure but endurance IS useless, unless youre an endurance athlete
heavy weights are more effective in strengthening your ligaments and tendons btw
leg raises are not very good since progression is difficult to achieve. abs do not flex your hips so with weight added, youll be just working your hip flexors more
hiit gives you enough work capacity without being too antagonistic to strength training
if youre chubby or actually strong you should push a prowler to avoid injuries. youre the one who adores running.
not nearly all powerlifters do mobility work on a daily basis. olympic lifters and martial artists are a completely different thing as their sport requires flexibility beyond normal
implying i ever said 550 is remarkable. implying that is in any way relevant to any of my arguments.

i could comment on the things ive done that i dont like doing but i dont need to prove myself on an anonymous online imageboard
>>
>>38810690
>why would bodyweight movements be any better in building endurance than basic barbell movements? theyre not bad for sure but endurance IS useless, unless youre an endurance athlete
They are safer than bodyweight movements. Form breakdown on a push up in the 40+ rep range is a lot safer than benching 40-50% of your 1RM for 20+ reps. And again, you have no idea what work capacity is...
>heavy weights are more effective in strengthening your ligaments and tendons btw
Here's an experiment...do 50 deep lunges per leg and 50 proper push-ups each morning upon rising and see how much less your joints crack and how well you move...
>leg raises are not very good since progression is difficult to achieve. abs do not flex your hips so with weight added, youll be just working your hip flexors more
Learn how to fucking breath, don't move your shoulder joint, and actually bring your fucking toes to the bar. Obviously you predominantly use your hip flexors until you reach a sub 90° angle.
>hiit gives you enough work capacity without being too antagonistic to strength training
If your body cannot recover from running a total of 15 miles per week and weight trading 3 to 5 days per week then you suck at the recovery process. End of story.
>if youre chubby or actually strong you should push a prowler to avoid injuries. youre the one who adores running.
Bipedal locomotion is the human body's number 1 primary movement pattern. Again I challenge you to actually get to the point to where you can run 15 miles per week and see what happens.
>not nearly all powerlifters do mobility work on a daily basis. olympic lifters and martial artists are a completely different thing as their sport requires flexibility beyond normal
You find me one powerlifter of merit who says being more mobile and flexible is not a positive thing
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (189KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
189KB, 1280x720px
>>38807863

I do these like Scoobs.
>>
>>38811074
>Form breakdown on a push up in the 40+ rep range is a lot safer than benching 40-50% of your 1RM for 20+ reps
what makes you think so
>how much less your joints crack
not related to anything relevant
> how well you move...
lol
>Learn how to fucking breath, don't move your shoulder joint bla bla
lol
>If your body cannot recover
its not about recovery, its about adaptation. and if you really train hard, its about recovery too.
>Bipedal locomotion is the human body's number 1 primary movement pattern.
being fat or being super strong is not "number 1" to the human body. we're not cavemen anymore, "naturality" is not a valid argument
i used to run 20-30 miles a week. i dont see what im supposed to see happening
>You find me one powerlifter of merit who says being more mobile and flexible is not a positive thing
just to name a few http://startingstrength.adamwathan.me
>>
>>38810690
You're just confirming this:
>>38809298
>>
>>38807863
Gief more details on which stretches pls
>>
>>38811202
speak for yourself
>>
File: scooblet.png (595KB, 591x725px) Image search: [Google]
scooblet.png
595KB, 591x725px
can I achieve this natty?
>>
File: 1422903804375.jpg (7KB, 192x262px) Image search: [Google]
1422903804375.jpg
7KB, 192x262px
>>38811227
Seconded, as someone with shit mobility this is interesting
>>
do the first stretch they do in this video

1:00 start

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWSyP-mCjoo
>>
>>38809340
>running is ok provided it is high intensity (hill sprints)

What's with this retarded fat fuck meme spreading like disease here? If you can't run at least 5k without stoping and under 25 mins you shouldn't do HIIT sprints. You might as well say goodbye to your knees. Don't be lazy guys, run.
>>
>>38811341
> If you can't run at least 5k without stoping and under 25 mins you shouldn't do HIIT sprints
..why?
>You might as well say goodbye to your knees
lol wut
>>
>>38811355
I think he's saying if you can't do a 5k then you're probably a fat fuck, in which case high intensity running will explode your knees.

He's an absolute fucking retard for thinking HIIT is "lazy" though.
>>
>>38811146
>what makes you think so
Gravity and the fact that there is a 100lb+ hunk of metal above your neck and sternum if any number of muscles / joints fail
>not related to anything relevant
Ok
>> how well you move...
Yes your quality of movement will improve
>>Learn how to fucking breath, don't move your shoulder joint bla bla
>lol
You obviously have no idea what biomechanics are involved in that movement
>its not about recovery, its about adaptation. and if you really train hard, its about recovery too
How do you not realize that adaptation and recovery are so closely linked.
>being fat or being super strong is not "number 1" to the human body. we're not cavemen anymore, "naturality" is not a valid argument
>i used to run 20-30 miles a week. i dont see what im supposed to see happening
Dude seriously one would think you would have googled what a higher work capacity would mean in conjunction with weight training
>just to name a few http://startingstrength.adamwathan.me
Implying people who follow the training principles of mark rippetoe or mark rippetoe himself have achieved anything of merit
>>
>>38811386
oh, right. but like i already said, dont do hiit if ur stronk or fat
>>38811470
>Gravity and the fact that there is a 100lb+ hunk of metal above your neck
what are spotters or safety pins or dumping the weights or roll of shame
>quality of movement
lol
>You obviously have no idea what biomechanics are involved in that movement
neither do you
>How do you not realize that adaptation and recovery are so closely linked.
i dont think you understand what i mean. endurance training produces an adaptation antagonistic to strength training i.e. it is counterproductive to strength training.
>have achieved anything of merit
define "merit". check out feigenbaum and gillian mounsey and joseph pena
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.