[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the 'cardio for longer than 15 minutes burns muscle'

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: oie_G9OltBH8WRHs.jpg (88KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
oie_G9OltBH8WRHs.jpg
88KB, 1024x768px
Is the 'cardio for longer than 15 minutes burns muscle' a meme, broscience or peer reviewed?
>>
>>38804597
depends how much cardio you do

most track athletes are pretty lean because its what they focus on

you should do cardio its very good for you, but strength training or whatever you are doing is your main dish
>>
Yes. Do not let your heart pump for more than 15 minutes or else you lose your gains.
>>
>>38804597
You seriously want a solid scientific answer on /fit/? Good luck. Debates here focus on why lifting is manly and which McDonald's meal is best for muh macros.
>>
Is it unmanly to do seated bike, it's so easy and I can watch the TV screens
>>
>>38804968
15 mins I burn about 110 calories
15 min run 190
>according to the machine
>>
>>38804597
Only reason this is a thing is because running expends a lot of energy in layman's terms and through prolonged training, will alter the types of muscle in your body to allow you to run longer. If you eat more protein and a healthy amount of carbs when you run, as well as, continually expose your body to new forms of cardio (sprints, HIIT shit, swimming, biking, elliptical, high rep low weight workouts, etc), you shouldn't lose gains.

Perhaps this shit exists because people run and feel really tired and then try to lift as heavy as normal and can't do it, so MUH GAINS
>>
Yes.

I do ~20 hours of cardio a week and can barely get out of otter mode.
>>
>>38805025
You're not fucking eating enough and lifting enough you dingus.

See >>38805025
The more you do something, the better your body gets at doing it to a certain extent. Read about VO2max and how aerobic training effects it Open a book. Drink some milk.
>>
What about 3x 15 minute blocks dispersed every 8 hours
Followed by temazepam to fall asleep
>>
>>38805034
I get full and bloated if I eat more than 3k calories.
>>
>>38805085
Implying calories is solely what you're missing. How much protein do you eat? How much carbs? How much do you weight train? What's your routine? Are you progressively loading? Are you overloading? There's so many factors with it all boiling down to, you're doing it wrong.

I haven't read the sticky, but you should definitely start there. The moral is, you cant swim like Michael Phelps and not eat like Michael Phelps. You'll forever be skinny. With all that running and no significant weight training and adjustment of your diet, you may increase your cardiac output and your ability to run at your VO2max, but I doubt you'll see any muscle hypertrophy.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.