[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some ways to just keep running even if your mind really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 9ozKYrTf_400x400.jpg (30KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
9ozKYrTf_400x400.jpg
30KB, 400x400px
What are some ways to just keep running even if your mind really wants to fucking stop? Beginner here and it's fucking hard. I'm running 6 laps at the local track and want to go quintuple that and then some.
>>
Do what I did and make a custom mixtape.

Listening to daytona usa pumps me up.
>>
Remember that there are people watching.
I like to feel that Im better than them so i endure... Or just listen to the right música, rock or something with high tempo
>>
File: SRcPw.jpg.jpg (307KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
SRcPw.jpg.jpg
307KB, 1280x800px
>>38784218
you have to have your distance ahead of time decided, and you have to say to yourself, "I will not stop running until I have either ran this distance, fallen unconscious, or need to go to the hospital" and thats that
>>
It helps to have a partner. In highschool, we used to run before basketball practice and I liked trying to beat my teammates' in a timed mile. If they didn't run hard, I wouldn't run hard either.
>>
Get some Andy C in your life.
I can run forever listening to this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1yB5QV-mHU
>>
Follow a good running plan. You'll know how far you're supposed to run every day. For me, it's always easier to have a concrete goal to shoot for rather than some subjective "as far as I can" or "until you feel it" goal.
>>
>>38784218

Build slowly. If you are out of shape your first trip out should be a half mile walk. Then the session do 3/4 mile walk.

Slowly slowly build until you are jogging 2 - 3 miles without stopping.

The biggest mistake people make with exercise is doing too much too soon. You wanna expend about 5% more effort on a session than you did the last session.

Things that help:
> music
> a running buddy
> an interesting place to run, keep doing new places
>>
>>38784218
damn these kids on here... you want everything handed to you on a platter.. THERE IS NO secret technique! you just do it goddamit.

U increase it gradually you dont wake up one day and start running 10k daily.

You start with 400m and increase it with time.

Fucking kids.
>>
>>38784218
There is no better feeling than almost blacking out of exhaustion

Unless you black out and smash you head thst is
>>
File: 1435016915340.gif (2MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1435016915340.gif
2MB, 200x200px
In my experience you just get used to it. When I first started working out I fucking hated cardio and couldn't fucking stand it, but as I kept doing it, it eventually stopped being so grueling. I've since pretty much stopped doing cardio and jogging has once again become torture

TL;DR: Just run, you get used to it
>>
>>38784218
imagine your insecurities are chasing you
>>
observe and practice proper form (like you've been doing with every exercise, right?)

make sure you've got well-fitting shoes
>>
>>38784218
>running on a track

Why not run somewhere interesting?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.