[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Depression. Woohoo! Anyone going through that? And not the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 235
Thread images: 47

File: fun life.jpg (44KB, 493x335px) Image search: [Google]
fun life.jpg
44KB, 493x335px
Depression. Woohoo!

Anyone going through that? And not the tumblr self-diagnosed kind, but the real, propperly diagnosed, crippling kind.

I'm almost 25, had it since my teens. Diagnosed when I was 17, cruised along with it for almost half my life.

Nobody in my life knows except for my sister, she found out because I got shitfaced one night and couldn't keep it in me anymore, so I told her. Next day she wanted to talk about it and I told her not to mention in again.

I have great friends, decent family, awesome social standing, I've always been the most popular guy in all the groups I've been in, my own appartment, a decent car, always had the best looking, coolest, smartest girls, my current girlfriend is an objective 9/10. A lot of the prerequisites for a great life.

Most of the days, I can barely force myself to get out of bed. I go to sleep at 6AM, wake up at 2PM and even then, it takes me 1-2 hours to get up for good. Then I spend my time watching youtube shit and reading stuff until 6 AM and go back to sleep.

I eat like shit, mostly 1 ginormous, shitty-macro meal a day and that's usually junk. Which made me baloon up to 250lbs (6'1, so it's not extremely bad but still uncomfortable) over the past 3 years.

4 years ago, my bench/squat/dl were at 285/350/385 for reps and I had a decent frame (was around 190lbs, 15% bf) and I really enjoyed going to the gym, always being there before it even opened and working my ass off before other people even woke up. I know what to do and how to do it.

I just can't bring myself to get out of my house and actually do it. I'm not afraid of social situations, I don't have much social anxiety, if at all.

I get pumped up about going to the gym and getting back in shape and then when the next day comes, I sleep in and when I wake up I get back into the same shitty "Eh, what's the point" mindframe.

Any of you dealing with the same shit? What did you do (or are doing) to overcome it?
>>
>>38771968
>HEY GUYS EVERYTHING IS PERFECT IN MY LIFE BUT I HAVE DEPRESSION HOW TO OVERCOME XD XD XD
What do you ask for ?
Use your medicines and thats it,everything is going well in your life.
There is nothing to say faggot .
>>
File: 1472158086377.jpg (252KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1472158086377.jpg
252KB, 1366x768px
>>38771968
This, explains how i over came my depression mind set. I have delt with depression since my early teens and adolescent years.

What you need to look to try and change, is what you classify as a "miracle" un life . You might not see the things around us that are amazing and the questions they come with and the satisfaction of figuring those answers out for yourself can't be matched by any drug or thing you can buy with money.
>>
>>38771990
Fucking this.

Try living with an alcoholic single mother all your life.
Watching her boyfriend beat the shit out of her infront of me many times.
Watching as the alcoholism consumed her.

Fucking hate normal fags who think their life is hard because they have depression.
>"MY LIFE IS PERFECT, BUT I HAVE DEPRESSION WAHH WAHH I HAVE IT SO HARD" :^^(((

fuck you OP
>>
>>38771968
Talking therapy with a clinical psychologist plus SSRIs.

Getting a correct diagnosis is important so you can get the right help. At first, my GP only diagnosed me with anxiety and depression. I spent about 5 years still living in a rut and not improving. Then, shit got really bad and I wound up in a mental ward where a different psych diagnosed me also with BPD. Since then, I've had effective therapy and my life has improved so much. It's not the greatest yet, but now I can hold down a job, support myself, study, pay for a trainer and socialize.
I still have shit days and periods where I can't get out of bed, but they're less and less.
The best advice I can give you is to fight it. Really really fight the depression. Do things even when you don't want to and don't see the point. That might sound useless, but that's how you can fight it. Don't give in to hopelessness and be kind to yourself. Educate yourself on your condition. Get help from a clin psych, and above all, keep fighting.

Good luck.
>>
>>38772064
No, fuck you.
Suffering isn't a contest and you don't get to dismiss someone else's pain just because your life is fucked. Gtfo with your weak shit.
>>
>>38771968
Deal

You'll never be fully free of depression.
It's part of who you are.

I don't even think you know what it's like to live without it or have a concept of your own life without that constant feeling of low mood or dread for when that low mood will come.

Do you?

That's how it is for us. You learn to live with it.
>>
>>38772080
I believe that my happiness only exists so that it can be taken away.

Sort of like how they give crims in jail tv so that they can take it away as punishment or threaten to to gain compliance.
>>
>>38772078
He thinks he has it hard just because of a little depression.
I made it despite years of neglect.
And this bitch is sitting here crying because he got a little fat.

>"B-BUT DONT D-DISMISS SOMEONE ELSES PAIN
Shut you weak faggot
>>
>>38771968
Your story is pretty damn similar to mine, anon.

I would say what has helped me is having multiple hobbies. I train for weightlifting (Snatch & Clean and Jerk) so I have to focus a lot on training. O-lifting also got me into yoga and bodyweight stuff like human flags, handstand push ups, splits, etc. I cook and bake a lot and try to make new things outside of my skill level frequently. All of these things give me distractions and fulfillment that helps me to regulate my depression. Some days I wake up and feel like I can't cook to save my life so I'll practice on my technique for WL instead. I know it isn't the best advice but this has helped me out the most than anything else in my life so far. Also since you're 25 like me if you haven't before go and see a counselor or therapist. Probably the best thing I ever did even though I was sure it wouldn't help at all.
>>
>>38771968
>le depression meme

go on war with isis.
see a worse life.
youll be healed pretty fast
>>
>>38772064
Nah man, I'd rather live with a dead mother, dying stepmother and a neglecting father :) Thanks for the imput though.
>>
>>38771968
I was depressed once.
Tried to escape everything by fucking girls and generally being a gigantic asshole and not going to university.

The last girl I met was actually really interesting, but I still acted like a fucking idiot for a while. She put some sense into me and I shook the depression off.

Started lifting, acing university and becoming happier and less asshole-ish.
>>
File: 201508_1054_ddbeh_sm.jpg (12KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
201508_1054_ddbeh_sm.jpg
12KB, 300x300px
>>38772064
Ohh, boo. You gonna act like your petty shit was worse than anyone elses? I could write a book on my experiences with growing up. But that doesn't mean i experience the stresses the same way as the next. So someone may be more susceptible to a certain stressful situations than another. But depression is nonetheless, the same across the board. It is a normal human mental growth pattern. Its how we can come to terms with ourselves as long as you nake it through to the end. The problem now is we push all kinds of pills to prevent these thoughts processes and we end up stunting our oun mental growth by not wanting to learn to cope with the stresses presented to us. So pills prevent you from getting better, they just put a bandaid over the bullethole and call you good cuz they can't see the problem anymore and you're all high and can't tell the difference.
>>
> I've always been the most popular guy in all the groups I've been in

Really? I'm surprised that anyone would like a person who is such a massive faggot
>>
>>38772152
But what if there is no problem ?
OP's problem is hormon imbalances in his brain,nothing else because everything is good in his life.
Only thing can fix him is medicines.
>>
>>38772105
Well, that's stupid.

You see happiness, despite what children will tell you, is not something you are supposed to feel all of the time.

It's not the basic state of all humanity.

It is an emotional state that you attain or simply get at certain times, then it's over. The notion that we should feel one certain emtion all of the time is fucking stupid and immature.

Humanity once sought peace and contentment. It's something you should look for.

You'll feel better once you realize that all emotions are as valid as any other and as long as you can look in your self and feel at peace with what you are feeling then you'll be able to live a more content life.
>>
File: 1472137936722.jpg (444KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1472137936722.jpg
444KB, 1920x1080px
>>38772185
No, its a "NATURAL" human mental response to an every changing world and life. Depression is a term we use to describe this part of life. Everyone has depression in some degree. The best thing to do is to allow yourself to come to terms with yourself. If you can't do this you'll be stuck on the drugs for life. Then if you ever decide to get off them or forget a couple days it can really thorw you down even further into a depression than no amount if pills will help. We are designed to adapt to stresses, if we prevent a natural response to the stress then when we no longer have that crutch we are not able to deal with the stress and ultimately make permanent decisions based on temporary thoughts/feelings.
>>
>>38772263
You are wrong

t. neuroscientist
>>
>>38771968
Try Monster Energy Ultra Zero
>>
>>38772263
The question is why ?
Why he is in depression ? Why he is in stress ? While everything is going pretty well in his life.
He cant fix that shit because there is nothing to better in his life.
>>
File: jeffgoldblume.jpg (127KB, 750x722px) Image search: [Google]
jeffgoldblume.jpg
127KB, 750x722px
>>38772111

>But muh suffering is more than yours so you're a weak faggot.

Also not how that works
>>
>>38772282
Really? So you're telling me, we don't learn to adapt to external stresses? That We don't mentally and culturally evolve? You're trying to say humans haven't had bouts with depression throughout history? Ever hear of the dark ages?
>>
File: 1472963104390.png (237KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1472963104390.png
237KB, 633x758px
I have very bad Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder. Every antidepressant that I've tried has made the symptoms worse, and the only thing that truly helps a little are weed and Concerta. Concerta helps me not feel mentally exhausted for a time, and weed provides acute depression relief. I thank both for keeping me alive and not entirely crippled, but I'm almost out of weed and honestly that prospect terrifies me. I won't be able to get a medical card for my uni state for at least a few weeks so I am frightened.

I don't know how to make it better. Both these things are a crutch tk help me hobble along. I think that's the best I'm going to get though, so I'm trying to be happy with it. I hate living though. For once I want to not dread life and the day ahead. I want to just be normal.
>>
>>38771968
>sleep until 2pm

Get a job?
>>
File: Give your all nothing less.png (109KB, 453x205px) Image search: [Google]
Give your all nothing less.png
109KB, 453x205px
>>38772305
Just because it seems like its going "well" from your perspective. He is still under stresses. These stresses build up over time and we learn to cope with most basic nuances. But, every now and again the stress just kind build up faster than you can cope, which your brain goes into this "depression" mode where things seem to kind of not matter and you just can understand why you even should care. So that right there can put you into a depression state of mind untill you come to terms with life around yourself. Just cuz its doesn't sound stressfull, doesn't meant it can't cause stress to the brain.
>>
>>38772311

Think of it this way: People are born with imperfect bodies. Myriad genetic diseases. Some born without certain bodyparts at all.

Why are you so certain that everyone is born with a perfectly functioning brain? Especially given it's complexity?
>>
>>38771968

I've been depressed for 10 years.

Until I started taking magic mushrooms once every 3-6 months.

I haven't been depressed since.

Look into all the shit you gotta do to take psychedelics safely, and you'll be set.

Fun fact, the more depressing/bad my trip was, the more content I feel and for longer after it's done.
>>
>>38772311
That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying you're not describing a clinical major depressive episode.

Depression has an evolutionary role, true (I've read the book, most people who struggle with depression should). That does not mean there is no problem with certain people's brains at the molecular level that predisposes them to depressive episodes.

>>38772336
Get a therapist/psychologist. Get a better psychiatrist. If you actually are resistant, get electroshock-therapy.

>>38772305
tbqh OP doesn't sound like he has MDD or is in a depressive episode. I get the feeling he just needs some therapy and maybe some pills (not SSRIs)

>>38772439
This does hold true in some anecdotal cases, and there is some research I think ongoing in that direction. However, I'd advise serious caution as it could make the depression worse or induce psychotic depression.
>>
>>38771968
Bipolar reporting in. Diagnosed and confirmed so I know what depression is like OP, it is real and it hits hard.

It doesn't matter if you have a 9/10 GF, money, apartment or own everything you could ever need. When real depression gets comfy it will kick you in the balls.

When I am depressed I keep healthy routines and structure. No matter how shitty I feel I will continue to go to gym, continue to eat right, keep my sleeping patterns as efficient as I can. It's easy to say it than it is to actually do it. But life is pretty funny OP, when I am down with my bipolar depression I always laugh, why?

Because fuck depression and fuck it trying to make me feel bad. You get one life and you can't do shit about the sustainability to depression, I use my low periods to build my character ready for when I come back up to normality. It's difficult but it's not the end of the world.
>>
>>38772418
A Perfectly functioning brain is what causes the depression for the most part.

If you ask most truly mentally handicapped people if they feel depressed, they wouldn't know how to respond. If they are highly functional and everything then they would still be able to adapt and cope with the stress in another manner or process in the brain, but the end result is the same. Copping with the stress presented. Even blind people that are born blind, have brains that move the signal from an auditory stress through the visual cortex. So our brains even not fully functional can manipulate where the signals go and change paths to have a better response to the stress.
>>
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-26647738
Get some off the darkweb, you don't even have to leave the house
>>
Sorry if I fuck up this green text, I'm not used to making it.

>Be me. Age 18. Early 2014.
>I've been always kinda gloomy, it's just been my personality.
>A bunch of shit happened: My father disappears, gf breaks up since I'm a downer, grandma dies the night I come up to see her, and best friend has been in jail for 3 years due to alleged plotting terrorism.
>I ate like shit, and gained 60 pounds in a few months.
>245 pounds, 5'7", pasty white boy.
>I tried to kill myself, but chickened out when I got to the bridge.
>Decided to go get some help.
>Doc told me that I had depression. Woohoo!
>So at least now I'm not truly faking it, like mom said I was.
>Doc gave me a prescription to some pills, and sent me off.
>Holy fuck, Nightmares at night, and I'm more depressed in the day.
>After a while I finally get out of the sad zone in late 2014, but rebound back to near killing myself in a couple months.
>Early 2015, I started lifting weights, and best friend got out of jail, on parole.
>Now it's 2016, and I feel amazing.
>Still a virgin, but girls are gross, so I don't care.

I'm 200 pounds now, and still shrinking. I'm eating healthy, and building muscle. I think I'm going to make it.
>>
File: 1470718151330.png (41KB, 1350x561px) Image search: [Google]
1470718151330.png
41KB, 1350x561px
>>38772481
My uncle had swat called on him for a psychotic episode he had from suffering from clinical depression and bi polar disorder that put him to the most extremes of both sides. I understand the whole clinical debate about depression. This is a man that didn't really have it all that bad in life. Yeah he had his hardships, but nothing that couldn't be brushed off. Its jusy everyone kept telling him he couldn't fix the problem or whatever, and stuck him on meds which he started to feel better, then chose to go without the pills and have an episode then back to the pills, lather, rinse, repeat.

MEDS DON'T HELP, they just put a bandaid on the problem so they city don't have to see you having an issue and you are too high to know you have an issue. So its out of sight out of mind till it blows up or you forget to take some pills or you decide later in life you actually want to take accountability for your actions, it'll be far too late to learn these coping skills and you'll probably go loony and try to kill a bunch of people and/or yourself.
>>
File: Yui HAAAAAAAA.jpg (12KB, 236x304px) Image search: [Google]
Yui HAAAAAAAA.jpg
12KB, 236x304px
>>38771968
Currently taking Wellbutrin for trauma-induced disthymia; changed my fucking life.

Went from sleeping all day, dragging myself to work, then sitting at home binge-eating while watching shitty hgtv reruns to getting up early, eating well, attending a kickboxing class, and pursuing my artistic interests daily.

Of course I know drugs don't work for everyone, and not everyone reacts the same way to them, but I fucking needed those drugs apparently.
>>
>>38772696
Placebos can do wonders anon. Its amazing how often they use actual Placebos and charge for the full prescription.
>>
>>38772305
One of the main reasons that I suspect contributed to it was that I never had to work for anything. Everything I picked up, I ended up being good at and everything I ever got came at no real cost. I picked up basketball, 2 years later I was playing at an international level. I picked up swimming, half a year later I was competing on a national level. 8 months after stepping in the gym, I was benching 130kg and deadlifting 160. Studied for 4 days, aced my medschool entrance exam. Friends studied for 6 months for their thesis, I wrote it in 2 days, studied one more and ended up getting the equivalent of an A. Many other examples.

These all were goals that I had set up for myself and thought would take a great deal of work, but getting them without much work and without any satisfaction at all really, ended up making me think that not much is worth it and that whatever I do, I won't be satisfied. And while that might drive people to achieve amazing goals, it just made me feel like it's all pointless.
>>
>>38772064
yo bro chill we're all in this together, Ä° had an extremely shitty childhood in terms of "family" and economics that fucked up my personality and life properly, but the thing to realise is we all had shit, even if some guy just has depression, that depression is making him feel as bad as us even if objectively it isnt

Ä° understand there are times where you feel like you dont deserve this shit but nobody deserves anything, we make what we make of life, it's better to respect and stick together rather than hating on people in similar situations or just even similar FEELÄ°NGS

if you need someone to talk with you about this shit, theres a reason why 4chan exists, and its full of fucked up people and we can help each other and if they won't, Ä° always have my tripfaggotry going on so you can talk to me about this shit

/nohomo blogpost
>>
File: 1464306768208.jpg (53KB, 298x356px) Image search: [Google]
1464306768208.jpg
53KB, 298x356px
>>38772078
>Suffering isn't a contest and you don't get to dismiss someone else's pain just because your life is fucked.
except that there are people out there will real problems and you're complaining about
>muh depression

an hero plz
>>
>>38772649
I'm not sure what kind of "meds" are you talking about. SSRIs simply make your brain more "plastic" aka prone to change. Nobody ever said depression can be cured with pills. But in most cases of clinical-grade depression, you need pills to enable you to change your thought patterns. Which means you need to work with a therapist. And keep working on these patterns forever. Whether you choose to stop using the SSRIs or not, that's up to the individual. There's plenty of evidence that they are not better than placebo or physical exercise.

There is also a case to be made on male vs female depressive episodes, which are normally quite different. But I digress, I'm not here to lecture. All I'm saying is that during a MD episode, when you're lying in bed literally refusing to do anything (including eating), medication is the only thing that may actually allow you to bounce back fast and resume working on whatever shit brought you down in the first place.

Peace
>>
ITT: self pity
>>
File: 1468872263569.jpg (352KB, 1000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1468872263569.jpg
352KB, 1000x1333px
>>38772717
This is not by Socrates. But the words still hold true. I had the same thing in my life. I can literally pick up anything or just put a fraction if my effort into a task and be able to succeed at it. That in itself can be demoralizing. I have found that finding and learning the basics of as many things as possiblevis far more satisfying than to achieve perfection at one task/skill.
>>
>tfw had anxiety problems at young age but no one noticed
>tfw didnt know what was happening
>>
>>38772750
>you need pills

What in the ever living fuck? Seriously? If we "Needed" pills we wouldn't exist. Our brains have adapted throughout time without pills. We had less ability to cope with basic stresses like when the sun went away in tha past and would fear it wouldn't return. If we NEEDED pills to cope with stress, it would have been back then. Not now.
>>
I'd try a bunch of herbal shit and supplements, as well as exercise/diet/lots of fruit and vegetables

very last resort would be actual medication

try 5htp, maca root, ashwagandha

you can try other shit too but make sure there is at least some evidence it actually works, dont want to waste your money on shite that wont work
>>
File: CRAWLING IN M SKINNN.png (854KB, 640x850px) Image search: [Google]
CRAWLING IN M SKINNN.png
854KB, 640x850px
>>38772766

> le Special snowflake + Attention whoring mey mey xDD

> le Special medicated keraaazy psycho bi-polar mental illness xDD mey mey!!!

DUDE IM SO CRAZY!! GIVE ME THOSE PILLS DOCTOR GOLDSTEIN!!!!

IM ON TREMABADOL AND WELLBUTRIN!!!!!!! IM SOOOO FUCKED UP DUDE!!

I WAS JUST BORN THIS WAY!! HAHAHA!

MOMS GONNA FREAK!!!!!!!!
>>
>>38772717
>>38772775
This is just my opinion based on my ass. You're not doing as well as you think you are. Your perspective seems to be really skewed, maybe due to yourself or maybe due to your social circles. Even if one assumes that you are indeed right, all you need are bigger goals, i.e. you're bad at setting goals not achieving them. I still think you have no idea what real mastery of a skill is. Yes being OK at anything is piss easy, that's not news. Try being the absolute best.
>>
File: This guy.gif (2MB, 286x258px) Image search: [Google]
This guy.gif
2MB, 286x258px
>>38772766
Cleary didn't read
>>
>>38772766
this as well, lads stop feeling sorry for yourselves, Ä°'m guilty of this sometimes as well, but it's much better to be overconfident and narcissistic than sad all day - TRUST ME

also realise your life is incredibly short, any consequence that anything can give in life is much smaller in the bigger picture, make the most of what you can, have fun, that's what zyzz did, sure he died early but he had a happy fun life bros even if it was coked up and with barsluts

at the end of the day why do you do anything? so in the end you can be happy and content with yourself so just enjoy this shit, cause once you're past 40+ life will not be the same and you will have missed out on the important aspects of life
>>
>>38772797

yeah its called ur a literal mammal and surrounded by potential predators
>>
>>38772301
As stupid as a suggestion this meme is, taking stimulants gives you energy and motivation

Hard to be a depressed lazy idiot when you're high as fuck on caffeine
>>
>>38772822
Why be the best at a single skill when you will always be beaten eventually? Why not become decent at many skills/trades that you can build off of at anytime when it arises? Whats going to happen when you do fail at your goal of perfection or are surpassed by someone deemed lesser? You gonna fall back on to what skill to nend that depression?
>>
>>38772811
I'll bite to your trolling and then fuck off this thread.

Yes you dumb fuck you NEED pills to survive. In older times, you'd just die. And then your parents would replace you with a dozen kids. We survived due to ingenuity and fucking. We evolved. We don't survive in the same way nowadays. There's just the point that our biology hasn't caught up yet and there are remnants from those times. A need is subjective. As a species yes we do not need pills. As an individual, unless you want to die, yes sometimes you need pills, either to help with depression, or an infection or whatever the fuck wants to kill you.

/rage
>>
File: 1276985710823.jpg (91KB, 475x330px) Image search: [Google]
1276985710823.jpg
91KB, 475x330px
>>38772811

Nah dude, don't worry.

He's a very twisted individual. He is unlike the rest of humanity. His brain is very tortured, and he has no control over his thoughts.

The magical pill will make him think good thoughts. He's special. Doctor goldsteinberg said so.
>>
>>38772865

Why do anything ?

because why not
>>
>>38771968
two words:

get creative

getting /fit/ is good, but creative work is the fast way to happiness
>>
I want /r9k/ fags to leave
>>
>>38772876
Oh, so eugenics? You believe we need to push humans to adapt to things we already can do naturally? Thats like taking steroids to achive ottermode. Wtf is this logic?
>>
>>38772852
Your tolerance goes up
Eventually you get to the point where the amount of caffeine you need to function normally exceeds the amound of caffeine that gives you anxiety and shit

It's not a good place to be
>>
>>38772876

Pills in a way are anti- natural selection

Pills keep the weak and stupid alive.

i.e : you
>>
>>38772865
You try to be the best, doesn't mean you succeed. Be a jack of all trades, that's fine too. Both are valid ways to make a living. This has nothing to do with depression, on my part. No skill that makes you a living is going to stop depression, it's about perspective.
>>
>>38772134
That there are people worse off than you does not make your pain and suffering illegitimate
>>
>>38772064
Waaaah my problems are bigger than yours
You're the child that cries because he did more work than other people on school projects. We're here to solve problems not attack each other.
>>
>>38772939

> le pain and suffeting is a key part of my personality xDD

grow up m8. no one is impressed. life is shit.

Deal with it.
>>
>>38772909
>>38772915
>pilz are evul, its all a big farma scam
>why dont u just stop being depressed, lol, I'm not because I don't want to
>>
File: 1464806913414.jpg (50KB, 640x478px) Image search: [Google]
1464806913414.jpg
50KB, 640x478px
>>38772921
Yes, i mentioned something along this in >>38772024 it makes complete sense to do whatever works for you. But, humans do crave structure in life. It's always good to have a few backup plans. I wasn't saying don't strive to be the best at what you love. Its just don't get so absorbed that that one thing is what is you are living for. You should continue living to continue this human experience we call life. Not to obsess over one task and then die.
>>
File: Yui Thinking.jpg (6KB, 231x219px) Image search: [Google]
Yui Thinking.jpg
6KB, 231x219px
>>38772716
I mean, I'm fairly certain that it's not placebo considering the fact that the acutal packaging states that it contains 300 mg of buproprion and it's pretty illegal for them to do that falsley.
>>
>>38771968

Had clinical depression my entire life, it was crippling.
Found god, prayed, it went away one day and never came back. I lifted and lost 100 lbs with clinical depression, its hard as hell, had to force myself to get up every day and dragged my body through the deficit and lifting.
My best advice is to find new things that excite you to stimulate your mind.
>>
>>38772973
Yep, cuz a doctor and the pharmacy are going to tell you if its a placebo or not. Also they would have to package it with the implied prescription to give youbthe assumption it is what they placebo is taking place of.
>>
File: women-laughing-and-having-fun.jpg (60KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
women-laughing-and-having-fun.jpg
60KB, 600x399px
>>38772956

> Hehehe teh jew gave me teh magical happy pill xDD for my seasonal dissasociating disorderâ„¢ which the doctor found out about last week ;_;

> i am such a tortured soul. i was born into depression ;_; my mind is just soo twisted dude! only teh magical jew pill can cure me!

> Im soo special and unique. Im such a crazy psychotic and bi-polar snowflake! they need medication to tame the vile beast within >:)
>>
>>38772481

>This does hold true in some anecdotal cases

Medical cases as well. the flaw in this study, though, was the small sample size, and the inability for there to be a control, as the control group would know they were going through a psychedelic experience.

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-36247599

>I'd advise serious caution

This is also an unknown, as it's illegal to research because of retardation and government overreach.

The only thing you'd have to worry about is if you had other mental issues, but honestly, I really think it could be useful for ALL psychological problems that aren't caused by physical brain deformities.

Again, the problem is it being illegal to research, which is the dumbest shit on earth.

Just remember, anyone thinking about doing this, be in a safe place, with people you can trust. Try to have a sitter (someone sober who you can trust. My first trip got scary, and when I looked at my sitter who was super bored, I realized nothing was wrong,).

Most of all, don't resist the trip. Remember, worst case scenario, you feel bad for 2-4 hours. Maybe some diarrhea.
>>
File: Mugi Pity.jpg (50KB, 400x385px) Image search: [Google]
Mugi Pity.jpg
50KB, 400x385px
>>38772999
Except that doing what you're describing (packaging something other than the contents described on the bottle into a medicine) is against the law.

Hope you don't forget your tinfoil hat when you go to the gym, anon. If you do actually go to the gym that is.
>>
ITT: white people get depression because they have 1000 friends on facebook and not 2000
>>
>>38771968

To be honest, there's really not much difference between tumblr self diagnosed depression and clinical diagnosed depression. The only difference is going to a doctor and telling them how you feel. That's it. Actually, the tumblr types are more likely to over exaggerate what they're feeling and walk away with a more serious diagnosis than someone who might actually have legitimate depression.

>t. someone with depression, but knows the system enough to see how it can be exploited
>>
>>38773055

dude why are you arguing with him?

Just be happy with your jew pill. It's clearly working, so good on you!

They've finally managed to cure you!

Now you can be a functional member of society huh?
>>
>>38773049

*slow claps*

*steps out of the shadows*

Heh... not bad, kid. Not bad at all. Your meme, I mean. It's not bad. A good first attempt. It's plenty dank... I can tell it's got some thought behind it... lots of quotable material...
But memeing isn't all sunshine and rainbows, kid. You're skilled... that much I can tell. But do you have what it takes to be a Memester? To join those esteemed meme ranks? To call yourself a member of the Ruseman's Corps? Memeing takes talent, that much is true. But more than that it takes heart. The world-class Memesters - I mean the big guys, like Johnny Hammersticks and Billy Kuahana - they're out there day and night, burning the midnight meme-oil, working tirelessly to craft that next big meme.
And you know what, kid? 99 times out of a hundred, that new meme fails. Someone dismisses it as bait, or says it's "tryhard," or ignores it as they copy/paste the latest shitpost copypasta dreamt up by those sorry excuses for cut-rate memers over at reddit. The Meme Game is rough, kid, and I don't just mean the one you just lost :^). It's a rough business, and for every artisan meme you craft in your meme bakery, some cocksucker at 9gag has a picture of a duck or some shit that a million different Johnny No-Names will attach a milion different captions to. Chin up, kid. Don't get all mopey on me. You've got skill. You've got talent. You just need to show your drive.

See you on the boards...
>>
>>38773081

being depressed about something is not the same as depression
>>
File: 165px-Happy-merchant.gif (12KB, 165x193px) Image search: [Google]
165px-Happy-merchant.gif
12KB, 165x193px
>>38773084
>clinical diagnosed depression

> pls goyem it is time to buy the pill now
>>
>>38773055
>not having home gym
>falling for paying to workout meme

Yep, keep buying into the shams that they sell you. You're trying to tell me you believe they wouldn't just accept your blindly given money for just sugar pills? Especially when you don't have a means to fact check them? Hmm, you are quite trusting of this cooperation that clearly has the human best interests in mind. All this trust is based on these laws that are only applicable if they are "CAUGHT" doing things as described.
>>
>>38773122

Well yeah, exactly. I don't take medication anymore, I just eat healthy and workout and it makes me feel a lot better anyway
>>
>>38773084

ugh, I can't do that, I'm not pathetic enough for that
my doctor once asked me if I was depressed while being there for something different

I might be, I don't know, I'm not a doctor but my "men don't complain"-education kicked in and I bassicly said nah

I do that with everything, I say shit doesn't hurt while it actually does just so peepz don't think of me as weak
>>
File: IMG_0732.png (15KB, 469x331px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0732.png
15KB, 469x331px
>>38772064
This.

Suffering IS a contest when OP's on some "boo hoo woe is me" bullshit and doesn't even fail to mention how he has great friends and shit like that.

I would KEEP all the depression, all the anxiety if I could just be thrown a few friends. Modern depression is a farce resultant of post-industrial society so nobody is special for having it. But it is indeed exacerbated when you have nobody to share time with.
>>
>>38773129

no dude, placebo doesnt exist and has never been a scientifically documented effect.

The pills are 100% legit, and definitely make him think happy thoughts. They control his mind, through the magic of science

((((((even though we still know barely anything about the human mind, let alone control it)))))))
>>
>>38773150
>Modern depression is a farce resultant of post-industrial society

well said.
>>
>>38773168

> ((((((even though we still know barely anything about the human mind, let alone control it)))))))

Know enough to know what hormones are present in the brain, what role they play, what effect clinical depression has on these hormones, and what happens when we upregulate or down regulate them via pharmacology.
>>
>>38772915
>Pills keep the weak alive.
Tell that to me when I emerge from the other side of the tunnel a stronger man than you'll ever be.
>>
File: 1464739692254.png (211KB, 1754x2480px) Image search: [Google]
1464739692254.png
211KB, 1754x2480px
>>38773168
Yeah, we have had a hijacking of real science by this stuff called theoretical science or things that are hypothesized and proven with magical hypothetical numbers that are then passed off as fact even though there is zero documentation and zero observation done to prove these theories. Its basically pseudoscience has become the norm and widely accepted, all because of the word science is take as the new "gospel" of our time. But since there are several variation of science, we kind of get lost in translation between the theoretical "pseudoscience" and the real observable/experimental science.
>>
>>38773202

whao dude our thoughts are controlled entirely by our """hormonal chemicals""" and we have literally no free will or ability to think beyond our """""hormone levels"""""

In other news: Fat people can't help being fat.
its all genetic!
>>
>>38773231
Say that to the guy that make through that tunnel and have to rely on pills to keep him out. But one slip up or say the dose is no longer strong enough or say your brain chemistry changes and you go back and even deeper into that tunnel. Do you believe your pills will always be there to save you?
>>
>>38773231
>Tell that to me when I emerge from the other side of the tunnel a stronger man than you'll ever be.

little sheltered white middle-class faggots like you don't know the meaning of suffering.

go back to watching your anime now.
>>
>>38773256

4 chan fatties calling medicine "psEuDoSciENkIneCEz"

cheers mate, we should stick to the hardest science likes psychology or sociology.
>>
>>38772731
>z-zyzz?
>>
>>38773283

I'm a bit confused, do you think e.g. depression is "thoughts"?

If anything you'd argue depression is the absence of "thoughts".
>>
>>38773256

>science is take as the new "gospel" of our time.

indeed. Science, especially psychology and mental illness, is largely a meme, and a huge industry.

Everyone and their cat has """depression""" """anxiety""" and a whole host of other "white people" problems
>>
>>38773342

What you're arguing about though isn't psychology.

It's neuroscience and a branch of medicine called psychiatry.

Psychology focuses on behavioural strategies, patterns, etc.

Neuroscience focuses on the pathways/hormones in the brain.

Psychiatry (again, a field of medicine) focuses on the effects of medications on a condition.

If you don't even really understand what you're arguing about .. then why are you arguing?
>>
File: Keions Judging You.png (148KB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
Keions Judging You.png
148KB, 500x283px
>>38773168
>>38773283
>>38773256
>I don't know anything at all about biology, therefore no one in the world knows anything about biology and it's impossible to know
>All science is bad science because I found this neat infographic on le buzzfeed omg can you believe it xD
>I believe that human bodies are powered by fairy dust and dreams

This thread is either full of very very stupid people, or unusually motivated trolls.
>>
>>38773300
4chan dyels think their pharma
"Medikine"

Is synonymous to "cure"

But, really its synonymous to "bandage"
>>
>>38773293
>Do you believe your pills will always be there to save you?
Pills have alleviated some of my anxiety symptoms and now I'm just depressed all the time. It's easier to work with depression than with anxiety. Eventually both will be alleviated and I won't need pills.

>>38773299
>little sheltered white middle-class faggots like you don't know the meaning of suffering.
t. Little sheltered white middle-class faggot

What do you hope to accomplish with this level of projection? To earn brownie points with the homeless Vietnam vets and Helen Kellers of the world? Or are you really just a bitter spic?
>>
>>38773328

bullshit. there is never an absence of thought. Whether that is a verbal narrative, or just your sensory perceptions, the thought always remains.

Usually depression is described as some sort of existential angst, sadness, despair, a nihilistic apathy and tiredness
(imo)

The problem is... that is just life.

We can't be happy all the time. Even though cancerous social media and the internet would like us to believe otherwise.

Society is fucked. We live in a very unnatural time. People sit at their desk all day, sedentary, and wonder why they feel like shit.

People have no purpose, no beliefs, no reason to live, no goals.. and then they wonder why they feel """depressed"""

its nothing special. It is modern society. If you are posting on this website you still get a kick out of socialising. I know i do.

Life is shit 99% of the time. Set goals for yourself. Do something. Or don't, we all die anyway :^)
>>
File: Mom walks in.jpg (68KB, 589x595px) Image search: [Google]
Mom walks in.jpg
68KB, 589x595px
>>38773368
Either this is a post by a willfully ignorant person, or a complete retard that clearly doesn't understand how things work outside their bedroom walls.
>>
File: maxresdefault-2.jpg (22KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-2.jpg
22KB, 1280x720px
>>38771990
This

>>38771968
You're a flaming Tumblr tier faggot pussy.
>>
>>38773283
That's almost like saying a psychopath could just think himself into empathy capabilities - a load of shit
>>
>>38773386
>no longer need pills

You can only hope. But since you have your anxiety in check, why continue anxiety meds? Then you can just focus taking depression meds to fix that. Right? Oh wait, thats not how it works. If you ever stop taking the meds the anxiety will return at full force and it will seem 100 times worse than before, and the same goes for the depression too.

My uncle had the same logic as you. Then he had the swat called on him.
>>
File: 1455049788956.jpg (34KB, 600x549px) Image search: [Google]
1455049788956.jpg
34KB, 600x549px
Tomorrow I get to find out how soon I can get back to lifting again. Lifting and swimming were the only things to help me deal with my shit, and I haven't been able to do either for the past month because of surgery recovery. My grades have gone to shit because following the health shit, I was too depressed to give a fuck about anything. All I wanted to do was go back to challenging my body, but I was forced to baby it for 2 weeks following the surgery, and keep the physical strain to a minimum for another 2 weeks.

My other health problems have stagnated because of this as well. My pulmonologist says my breathing tests have stagnated for the past several months, and he knows its because of the lack of activity (I could only intermittently lift/swim over the summer due to health problems, and lack of access to gyms).

The one person I thought I was going to be able to rely on this semester has stopped talking to me almost altogether, despite us being in a class of only 12 together. I don't have any friends, most people are acquaintances, and more often than not, I'm not feeling well, either mentally or physically, to be motivated to make more friends. Plus, every time there seems to be someone that grows past acquaintanceship, 95% of the time, I can't trust them to stick around for very long, despite my efforts to try and keep things alive. It's gotten to the point where I need to remind myself the strength being built in my solitude, and that I don't need anyone around me, even though I don't really believe it.

I'm hoping for a good report tomorrow from the surgeon. I need to lift and swim again. I don't want to think about having to wait any longer than predicted
>>
>>38773428
You mean sociopath? Actually they can. Infact the ones who do figure out how to change their direction of mind they usually become business owners or CEO of large companies due to their cutthroat nature. The ones that go loony have had a history of being prescribed pills and also having other drug and alcohol abuse/addictions.
>>
>>38772731
No we havent all had shit fag, OP has a near oerfect life but hes depressed because hes a pussy. Plenty of us have had it much fuckimg worse and you dont see us complaining about it.
>>
>>38771968
I went to a psych for a year or so, suffered from depression for perhaps 2 or 3 years. I stopped going after a while and decided to fix myself because paying someone to call me an autist (literally what I did) wasn't going to fix anything.

I think maturing a great deal helped fix it, I took responsibility for myself and started viewing things in the proper perspective, and of course..
>Think happy to become happy
>Enjoy the little things in life

I see myself in the mirror every day and every day I'm just as happy with myself for how I look and what I do. You'll get through it mate.
>>
>>38773365

> le spedcial snowflake is using drugs because they are too twisted to get over middle school angst mey mey xDD
>>38773386

>Or are you really just a bitter spic?

ah, as usual the true nature of the white faggot woe is me """male""" is revealed.

Just a fuming little racist, who is as starved for attention as the tumblerina SJW next door.
>>
>>38772134
This, people are depressed because they live in the fantasy world. They need fresh air, responsibility, hard work and perspective.
>>
A pain of a non physical origin. Imagine if you will that you grew up in a shitty, abusive household with parents who didn't teach you a single thing and siblings who despite being great people looked to vices and have no future. Imagine if you will that you couldn't ever learn the language of your country because your memory became extremely poor and the resources for learning it just aren't there.

Born in an irrelevant third world country. Imagine if the only way you could react to things rather than trying to overcome them was having intrusive thoughts about suicide and how you're completely worthless. Imagine that despite all this, people called you smart even though you know that's not true in the slightest.

Then that you realize that none of it matters, that you have no concrete sense of ethics and you're going to disappear along with your commonplace problems like everybody else has and will.

I won't accomplish anything of worth with my life, as have plenty of other people. Complaining about it won't change it, much like it didn't for them when they were alive.

What difference does it make? I'm not unique, the fact that I'm a complete fool is not a tragedy.
>>
>>38772067
This.... seriously this sounds like my personal case in particular.

I'm going with a psycologist once a week or once every two weeks, and with a psychiatrist for SSRI's medication control, it's been two months and I feel a lot better.

according to a genome test I don't produce enough serotonin, so im getting ssri and some methilfolates.
>>
>>38773393
The problem here is that you seem to think that depression is simply a state of mind, like lacking the discipline to lift. But you should take into account that there are observable and verifiable changes in the brain that are not simply regulated by thoughts

You could tell a depressed person to simply man up and do shit, but some are so knee deep in the lack of dopamine and seratonin, that no amount of "manning up" will change that.

don't disregard this part, because these hormones are essential in wanting to live and improve
>>
>>38771968

>implying undiagnosed depression isn't the actual valid diagnose

fuck off, OP
anyone can get diagnosis for every mental disorder
>>
>>38773478
You could've just said you are indeed a filthy fucking spic.

I revel in the fact I'll never be insecure over my shit-colored skin.
>>
File: crawling in my crawl.jpg (807KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
crawling in my crawl.jpg
807KB, 1920x1080px
>>38773368

whaooo dude don't go near this one ! hes very crazy and disturbed xDD

hes is also very (((in our neckbeard club))) because he is posting anime children! what a creepy guy !!

Very unique and special! only the science pill will control his evil and psychotic thoughts!

Do not let this one out of your sight doctor!! :^)) he is very DAMAGED
>>
>>38773495
The point is theres a natural way to get these into production in the body. By just pushing them into the body doesn't help production. Thats like the US giving a super poor country in africa a bunch of nike gear and all this stuff but they dont have a way to sell, or continue production since they dont have to work for it, so once the souce is gone they no longer have any to give. But lets say if the US took its time and taught the people how to produce and do all this stuff they could then do it on their own at their own pace for their own personal circumstances.
>>
>>38773462
No, I very specifically chose the psychopath, because psychopath are born and sociopaths are made.

The difference here being that for a psychopath, the area of the brain that stands for empathy is literally non-functioning. He can not express or feel empathy because it is a premise as unknowable for them, as colors are for the blind.

A sociopath can have connection(s) with people he considers of the same kind as himself, but his brain is not physically malformed like the psychopath's.

And yes, there is a difference between the word sociopath and psychopath in medical terms, despite this fact often being neglected
>>
File: can-stock-photo_csp19894053.jpg (110KB, 450x320px) Image search: [Google]
can-stock-photo_csp19894053.jpg
110KB, 450x320px
>>38773524

> shit-colored skin

but anon, your skin is shit-colored too :^)
>>
>>38773462
Also, I don't see how a sociopath being a CEO has anything to do with his empathy capabilities. You don't need empathy to run a company - in fact, it may be a deterrent
>>
File: shit.png (14KB, 445x115px) Image search: [Google]
shit.png
14KB, 445x115px
>>38773561
You're spouting shit m8. Those two terms literally refer to the same disorder.
>>
>>38773524

women prefer dark and brown skin.

They recognise it as the superior choice.

This is why zyzz was so popular, even amongst white boys.

They acknowledged his superior aesthetics.

Pic related. White skin.
>>
>>38773544
>The point is theres a natural way to get these into production in the body. By just pushing them into the body doesn't help production
Completely agree. However, the point of the medication is to get the dopamine and seratonin needed to facilitate a change.

Once the old patterns that nourished the depression is gone, you can hop off the medication slowly, and your body can then produce these hormones because of the changes made to your life
>>
>>38772481
>Get a therapist/psychologist. Get a better psychiatrist. If you actually are resistant, get electroshock-therapy.

I've been to four psychiatrists in an attempt to find one that worked, and the best I got was the woman who was willing to prescribe me concerta. Don't get me wrong, that's helped a bunch but it's not a manner of doctor quality at this point. I have looked into electroshock, as well as the magnet treatment, but the nearest place to get it is 2.5 hours by car (which I don't have) and I'd have to pay out of pocket.

The best I got so far was EMDR, but I can only get six free sessions a year. After that I have to pay something insane like $200 an hour, which I don't have.
>>
>>38773561

> le sociopath and psychopath are real mey mey xD

> not realising literally everyone is by definition a ""psychopath"" because you only feign empathy for gain and to get ahead, and that everyone acts in their own self interest
>>
>>38773575
Oh shit, you're right!

Thankfully I'm not covered with it from head to toe like you are. Ugh, could you imagine not having light-colored hair and nice, ocean blue eyes? Jeez...
>>
>>38773561
Are you high? There is no condition called psychopathy. The term psycopath is confused with sociopath. Sociopath is just a mindset or behavioral "disorder"

Although no psychiatric or psychological organization has sanctioned a diagnosis titled "psychopathy", assessments of psychopathic characteristics are widely used in criminal justice settings in some nations, and may have important consequences for individuals.
>>
File: 1415873388591.jpg (65KB, 416x750px) Image search: [Google]
1415873388591.jpg
65KB, 416x750px
>>38773575
>>38773603

/POL/ BTFO !!!!!!!!!!!!!
HOW WILL WHITE MEN EVER RECOVER FROM THIS !!!!!!!!!!!????????????????????????????????????????????
>>
>>38773584
No, you're wrong. Your image doesn't even support your claim. Sociopaths and psychopaths are both on the anti-social spectrum - as are schizoids and narcissists - that does not make them equal in their "illness" beyond sharing some traits

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/wicked-deeds/201401/how-tell-sociopath-psychopath

http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/features/sociopath-psychopath-difference

http://www.medicaldaily.com/whats-difference-between-sociopath-and-psychopath-not-much-one-might-kill-you-270694
>>
>>38773609
You don't need the drug to facilitate anything. Thats like saying you need roids to lift your weights.
>>
File: AmazingAtheist.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
AmazingAtheist.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>38773626
>could you imagine not having light-colored hair and nice, ocean blue eyes?

ewww..

Sorry m8, girls dont want this...
>>
File: zyzz90.jpg (65KB, 600x1006px) Image search: [Google]
zyzz90.jpg
65KB, 600x1006px
>>38773626

They want this :^)
>>
>>38773644
If you're a man with abnormally low testosterone, are you not put on doses?

A normal person will not need medications to make a change, because he has a optimal production of dopamine and seratonin. A depressed person does not
>>
>>38773638
There is no medical diagnosis called "psycopathy"

You are not gonna meet a legitimate diagnosed psycopath.
>>
>>38773663
Girls don't want your brown manlet ass with an undercut either untermensch.
>>
File: Mugi dyel.jpg (90KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Mugi dyel.jpg
90KB, 1280x720px
>>38773530
>disliking anime on a mongolian top hat enthusiast board
>thinking mental disorders make you an edgelord
>thinking the only mental disorder is psychopathy and everyone that has an imbalance is a ~CrAzY PsYcHo~!!
>actually believing medicine is evil and out to get you
>veiling your lack of coherent arguments behind le epic maymays
>throwing around obnoxious ad hominem attacks instead of actual facts

You are the actual embodiment of what is wrong with society.

>inb4 you call me a neckbeard again for citing the ad homenim fallacy
>>
>>38773630
See
>>38773638

I understand your confusion, because I was formerly of the same mind that it was simple semantics. I now understand it is not
>>
File: charlie.jpg (963KB, 2375x3000px) Image search: [Google]
charlie.jpg
963KB, 2375x3000px
>>38773663
>>
>>38773626
>Thankfully I'm not covered with it from head to toe like you are.

> when whitey gets so mad he goes full chimp out and forgets how to think coherently

shit son, i didn't mean for you to go full retard..

it's just banter m8 :^))

chill /b/rother. No harsh feelings, huh kid??
>>
>>38773685
You can diagnose a psychopath. There is both symptoms and a cause.

The area of the brain that creates empathy is literally damaged in a psychopath. This is observable, and can therefore be verified
>>
>>38773663
He really is a pure germanic specimen though
If only he wasn't so fat
>>
>>38773694
Psychopathy (/saJˈkɒpəθi/), (/soʊsiˈɒpəθi/), is traditionally defined as a personality disorder[1] characterized by persistent antisocial behavior, impaired empathy and remorse, and bold, disinhibited, egotistical traits. Different conceptions of psychopathy have been used throughout history that are only partly overlapping and sometimes appear contradictory.[2]

Hervey M. Cleckley, an American psychiatrist, influenced the initial diagnostic criteria for antisocial personality reaction/disturbance in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM), as did American psychologist George E. Partridge.[3] The DSM and International Classification of Diseases (ICD) subsequently introduced the diagnoses of antisocial personality disorder (ASPD) and dissocial personality disorder respectively, stating that these diagnoses have been referred to (or include what is referred to) as psychopathy or sociopathy. Canadian psychologist Robert D. Hare later repopularized the construct of psychopathy in criminology with his Psychopathy Checklist.[2][4][5][6][7]

Although no psychiatric or psychological organization has sanctioned a diagnosis titled "psychopathy", assessments of psychopathic characteristics are widely used in criminal justice settings in some nations, and may have important consequences for individuals. The study of psychopathy is an active field of research, and the term is also used by the general public, in popular press, and in fictional portrayals.[7][8] While the term is often employed in common usage along with the related but distinct "crazy", "insane" and "mentally ill", criminal psychology researcher Robert Hare stresses that a clear distinction is known among clinicians and researchers between psychopathic and psycindividuals: "Psychopaths are not disoriented or out of touch with reality, nor do they experience the delusions, hallucinations
>>
File: 1470386646993.png (231KB, 600x603px) Image search: [Google]
1470386646993.png
231KB, 600x603px
>it's a my life is perfect but i'm depressed episode
>>
>>38773687

on the contrary, please see pic related for details

>>38773676
>>
>>38771968
>tfw took benzos for when I had panic attacks and anxiety which happened out of the blue, felt like I was out of reality all time
>ended up into deep depression
>cut myself like a retard
>have scars on my left forearm on the inside of it

how do I make this disappear? a tattoo? I despise them though

this is truly shameful and embarassing
>>
>>38773731
, or intense subjective distress that characterize most other mental disorders. Unlike psychotic individuals, psychopaths are rational and aware of what they are doing and why. Their behavior is the result of choice, freely exercised."[9]
>>
>only people with shitty lives can be depressed

This board is terrible
>>
>>38773619
>because you only feign empathy for gain and to get ahead, and that everyone acts in their own self interest

Not true. Most people feel empathy, and their thoughts are thereby influenced by empathy.

I agree, however, that many people do seemingly altruistic things for entirely their own benefit
>>
>>38773465
Actually, I wasn't handed the perfect life, I got it myself. I didn't magically get friends, grades, possessions or results. I've had my share of tough shit to deal with (mother dead, stepmom got cancer, psychologically abused through most of my life, father constantly telling me that he'd rather be dead right now, for most of my life I've been my family's only support - being the only one they would talk their problems with - etc). I've done all that in spite of the depression. You think your lack of social skills and
>mfw no gf
is worse than that?

Not sure who the faggot is here.
>>
>>38773691

>spamming anime so obnoxiously in a desperate attempt to pretend you are not a newfag
Always so easy to spot them :^)
>>
>>38773765
>Most people feel empathy

So far as it benefits their own quest for power, social status, and virtue signalling.

if you cant see through peoples acts of "empathy", then more fool you.
>>
>>38773731
Fair enough. The matter of whether it can be classified as a diagnosis or not is not important to me, however. Psychopathy is observable and distinct, regardless of it being considered an illness or not
>>
File: 1383456805186.gif (32KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1383456805186.gif
32KB, 250x250px
What the fuck is this thread, holy shit
>>
>>38773817
Its is just a social disorder. Not a medical condition. So it is completely reasonable to believe they can fix themselves even easier than the medical diagnosed sociopaths without need of meds. Meds are just a thing to give you the impression things will get better. Really all they are is a prescribed coping device instead of naturally coping.
>>
>>38773801
As with a lack of empathy, a sprawl of empathy can be observed.

I understand your cynical view of human nature, but to reduce empathy to simply being thought patterns is wrong. It is a as much a feeling as pain.

Interestingly, your view is the sort that a psychopath could have, because he is faking empathy, and has never understood it beyond as a concept
>>
>>38773841
A social disorder that has its roots because an area of the brain is damaged. It being classified in terms of a social disorder or a medical one does nothing to change this fact

Psychopaths can not make a change - their brains are completely incapable of it. Sociopaths might, I do not know, but their brains are not physically damaged like a psychopath's
>>
>>38772064
Fuck off. Everybody has shit. Yours is no better or worse than the next guys. People handle different things different ways.

Starting the fucking pity olympics makes you kind of a real piece of shit.

Mental illness will fuck someone up and it doesn't need a reason to. Someone with a perfect life can suffer from this shit the same way someone who had a hard life can.
And that's just it. It's an illness because it's not brought on by anything in particular. Experiencing "depression" because your gf left you for chad is one thing. The kind without a cause is what will fuck you. There's nothing to "get over" or get away from, so you end up feeling helpless.

t. Medically diagnosed bipolar disorder sufferer.
>>
>>38771968
Depression (or other manic/depressive psychological disorder) can be useful tool for constructing a succesful personality.

You essentially trade the highs in your life to remove all the lows and remain constantly neutral with occasional spikes of elation or deep sense of hopelessness.

In the short-run (like life at 25 years old) having depression can cause you to achieve more, but in the long-run (once you enter the real life with actual authorities and responsibilities and routine unlike college) you'd probably do better by shifting out of the depression.
>>
>>38773841
Also, as of yet there exists no medication for a psychopath - if that is indeed what you're implying
>>
>>38773898
>do better by shifting out of the depression
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>38773888
Psycopaths don't have a damaged brain. Also if their brain was damaged they would be mentally handicapped not psychotic. Damage to the brain implies they couldn't understand why they do the things they do. But all people considered a psychopath understand and are aware of their thoughtsvand actions. They make these decisions based on their own thoughts, not from a handicap. What youbare describing is a criminally insane person that ends up just being mentally handicapped.
>>
>>38773851
>It is a as much a feeling as pain.

Which is nothing much. Just an organisms drive to survive.
>>
>>38773928
>"lel depression made up to sell you drugs, grow balls and stop feeling sorry for yourself" most likely
>all these alpha males
>all this testosterone
>all the top 1% males here
>>
>>38773899
Yes, cuz medication means cure. Right? So cold medicine cures the common cold? You flu medicine cures the flu? You depression meds cure the depression? Name one case where anyone of these things happened in real life.
>>
>>38773851

>Interestingly, your view is the sort that a psychopath could have, because he is faking empathy, and has never understood it beyond as a concept

I like people... i feel a pleasant feeling, you could say its "happiness" or "security" when i'm around friends. They elevate social status, by providing security, protection, fun, connections, possibilities for interesting events etc.

I feel for my friends when something threatens their existence or well being.

If a family member died, who i was fond of, of course i would feel sad that i could not have more experiences with them.

Ultimately it is however, a selfish emotion. A mechanism for self preservation.
>>
>>38772194
>all emotions are as valid as any other
It's hard to feel at peace when my emotion 85% of the time is anxiety.
>>
>>38772064
This.
And I sincerely believe depression is only for weak people.
4chan 'depressed' posters are totally pathetic
>>
>>38774019
>when my emotion 85% of the time is anxiety.

stop being a little faggot bitch then

why are you anxious? because someone may kill you?

Deal with it
>>
File: 1473809880525.jpg (72KB, 346x530px) Image search: [Google]
1473809880525.jpg
72KB, 346x530px
>>38774005
This, this, and this again. Think logically why you make the decisions you do. Try to make a single decision no matter what scale, make sure that it wont benefit yourself in some form of way or another.

It's nearly impossible, and very improbable.
>>
>>38773935
>Also if their brain was damaged they would be mentally handicapped not psychotic
Brain damage does not equal retardation or "handicap" necessarily.

>Damage to the brain implies they couldn't understand why they do the things they do. But all people considered a psychopath understand and are aware of their thoughtsvand actions. They make these decisions based on their own thoughts, not from a handicap.

I should say undeveloped rather than damaged. I apologize

The psychopath's brain is completely equal to that of a normal person in all parts but one:

The area of the brain that creates an empathetic response is under-developed, or as I call it, damaged. You could consider this a mental handicap, yet it does not make them unaware of their thoughts or actions. They simply do not have empathy influencing their decisions
>>
File: asura.jpg (39KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
asura.jpg
39KB, 600x338px
>>38772951
EVERYONE LISTEN TO THIS MAN
>>
File: 1473908774958.jpg (48KB, 492x449px) Image search: [Google]
1473908774958.jpg
48KB, 492x449px
Holy hell.... I haven't posted on this board in a while...

Depression is very real and far from being a recent modern phenomenon. I will give credit to a large misunderstanding of what it is, though.

I have manic-depressive illness. It's difficult.

I have been in a major depressive episode for a while now. I refuse to ever take SSRI's again nor other exotic classes of meds.

So I'm looking into electro-shock therapy. Which is kind of scary.

If anyone wants to read more about mental health and also for some real great reads look for these books:

Night Falls Fast - Understanding Suicide

Touched with Fire - Manic-Depressive Illness and the Artistic Temperament

Exuberance - The Passion for Life

An Unquiet Mind - A Memoir of Moods and Madness

All by Kay Redfield Jamison. Her works are thoroughly researched and she sprinkles in so many quotes from writers and artists. She also co-authored an authoritative medical school textbook Manic-Depressive Illness and she has it herself.
>>
>>38773967
I never stated anything about a cure, I said medication
>>
>>38774082
>Night Falls Fast - Understanding Suicide
>Touched with Fire - Manic-Depressive Illness and the Artistic Temperament
>Exuberance - The Passion for Life
>An Unquiet Mind - A Memoir of Moods and Madness

reading this bullshit brainwashed you and created a self fulfilling prophecy

enjoy wallowing in self pity forever now. gg.
>>
>>38774055
Anxiety is pretty generally accepted to have mostly genetic/biological influences that have to do with how the body and brain respond to stress.

Dumb faggot.
>>
>>38774059
That is a disability. That part of the brain can infact be used and can be made to pick up speed in production of the chemicals or it can respond to the stimulus by growing larger to accommodate the need for more production. This can all be done natrually as well. Regardless, it is still a mental handicap. The brain damage does imply a handicap. If they are highly functional then thats what their diagnosis is a highly functional mentally disabled/hadicapped person. They are not diagnosed as a psycopath.
>>
File: 220px-JAMISON754.jpg (12KB, 220x309px) Image search: [Google]
220px-JAMISON754.jpg
12KB, 220x309px
>>38774082

> Kay Redfield Jamison

Depression confirmed for "i cant get laid" syndrome

no wonder shes upset.
>>
>>38773928
That fabricating yourself existential crisis and prolonged depression in your twenties can motivate you to aim higher to 'escape the pit', but the narsistic and unstable performance and social patterns that come with it aren't useful when you are older.
>>
I tried to kill myself more than once last year. First time I got the entire school faculty scrambled to contact and find me. Second time i got hospitalized.

i found /fit/ and basically i realized i cant make gains if im dead
>>
>>38774107
> genetic/biological influences that have to do with how the body and brain respond to stress.

Then stop being a little faggot?

The first time i had to meet a stranger for a new job, after being a NEET for over 6 years, i almost puked up from anxiety.

Still, i didnt jump on the jew pill at the first given opportunity.

It's called "man the fuck up" you pathetic nu-male.
>>
>>38774089
Yes, i know. but what is the medicating supposed to do then? Its supposed to make you rely on more medicine vs fixing the actual cause of the problem.

Taking pills is being reactive, when you should be proactive by taking accountability for your own thoughts and actions.
>>
>>38774127
>>38773898

Fascinating theory.

I've always on some level understood this, but never been able to put it into words.

A very good analysis.
>>
>>38771968
Electro Convulsive THerapy. Dude. Seriously. My treatment resistant depression and anxiety were barely contained for years through working out every day. No medication or therapy worked although CBT helped some.
Then I got ECT done and it's CHANGED EVERYTHING! I used to take 5mg of xanax with no effects and now my brain reacts well to 1mg. I'm OFF MEDS a year after ECT!! LEGIT!
Seriously. If you work out, ECT is for you.
>>
>>38774132
Also medication is not a cure it's just to help you go a little further. Meds should be temp; most of the work is gonna come from yourself. I got over my shit by putting my time onto something, and this case it's getting /fit/.

This is gonna sound melodramatic but thanks for saving my life /fit/
>>
>>38774132
>I tried to kill myself more than once last year.

no such thing as "trying" . killing yourself is remarkably easy.

There is only "crying out for attention"
>>
>>38774140
Yes, medication in metal illness combats symptoms, it does not cure them.

But what does that have to do with my post? I was neither advocating or damning the use of meds
>>
>>38774127
One technique to shift away would be:
>human paradigms often have lots of surrounding agents and items and thoughts
>depressed individuals often surround themselves with controllable inferiors, challenging peers, grandiose dreams, and dissociation from friends.
>shifting to older age and stepping away from depression would then come along with: lowering your ambitions, becoming less self-centered by re-evaluating social values higher, and affirming superiors/authorities.
>>
>>38774082
no, ECT is legit. It can seriously be helpful.
>>
>>38774082

I'm gonna start tossing out some quotes she includes in some of her books

"The weather is an exact emblem of my mind in its present state. A thick fog invelops every thing, and at the same time it freezes intensely. You will tell me that this cold gloom will be succeeded by a cheerful spring, and endeavor to encourage me to hope for a spiritual change resembling it. But it will be lost labour: Nature revives again, but a soul once slain, lives no more. The hedge that has been apparently dead, is not so, it will burst into leaf and blossoms at the appointed time; but no such time is appointed for the stake that stands in it. It is dead as it seems, and will prove itself no dissembler."

-William Cowper
>>
>>38774127
Help me understand since I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding what you're getting at. I guess what you're saying would make sense but there's a few things that don't add up.

Firstly, you're assuming that those with depression are capable and willing to "aim higher" when in reality the opposite is true. It's almost universal that individuals suffering from depression have almost no motivation to succeed, even lacking the willingness to get out of bed in the morning.

Knowing this, it would be beneficial to manage and treat the depression as early as possible so that the individual can live up to their potential for as long as possible, rather than to wait until middle adulthood.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but are you implying that someone who suffers depression can just "stop being depressed" because it would benefit them more at that moment in their life?
>>
>>38774184
How about explain the point of your post then. Cuz if you're just pointing outvthat theres no medication for psychopaths is redundant. There is no meds cuz there is no diagnosis called psychopathy.
>>
>>38774206
Yeah, I said that because the post I responded to was seemingly implying there was, like for depression
>>
>>38772645
>best friend has been in jail for 3 years due to alleged plotting terrorism
Josh Pilault? I reported that faggot. I love that he's spending 7 years in prison starting age 19. He even tried appealing it just a couple years ago. I want to use his tears as lube.
>>
>>38774123

Well she wrote another memoir... Nothing was the Same

She was married to another doctor who died. I have it but I have yet to read it. (And in her first memoir she, as any manic could attest to, went on sexual binges.)

>>38774102

Lol, why u mad tho?

>>38774187
>>38774159

Glad to see this. I remember another anon a month ago or so saying it was very effective so I asked my psych and he referred me to a clinic. I do believe it could be very helpful. I am worried about the amnesia.

And Hemingway did it and still blew his brains out. Plath did it and still stuck her head in the oven.
>>
>>38774184
Medication combined with therapy provides much better results than meds alone.

A giant part of using medicine is that the user is *admitting* he/she has a problem and is motivated to change. Another part is the trust user has in the med to provide wanted change. Psychotropic meds usually take several weeks to work, but patients often feel better just after a week or two. This is partly also why placebos can work, and also why forced medication gives less benefits.
>>
>have genetic syndrome
>ugly af because of it
>constantly reminded of how repulsive i am

if life isn't enjoyable why go on
>>
>>38774303
Wear a bandana or opera mask all the time. You'll look super mysterious, and when you finally find a good woman, you can play it off like you're showing her a deep shameful secret. But by then she'll have seen your killer bod and inner beauty, and it'll bring her in deeper instead of repulsing her.
>>
>>38773231
t. coldsteel
>>
>>38774082
>>38774196

"Dearest,

I want to tell you that you have given me complete happiness. No one could have done more than you have done. Please believe that.

But I know that I shall never get over this: and I am wasting your life. It is this madness. Nothing anyone says can persuade me. You can work, and you will be much better without me. You see I can't write this even, which shows I am right. All I want to say is that until this disease come on we were perfectly happy. It was all due to you. No one could have been so good as you have been, from the very first day till now. Everyone knows that.

V.
Will you destroy all my papers?"

-Virginia Woolf's suicide note
>>
>>38772111
Depression is literally a mental health condition that leads people to kill the selves. It's the same as calling someone weak because they have a fucking disease.
>>
>>38774359
>>38774196
>>38774082

"Nineteenth-century British painter Benjamin Haydon turned to Shakespeare for some of his last words. Agitated and sleepless, with a history of violent manic-depression, Haydon slashed his throat and then put a bullet through his head. His journal was left open to the final entry:

21st.- Slept horribly. Prayed in sorrow, and got up in agitation.
22nd.- God forgive me. Amen.

Finis
of
B.R. Haydon

Stretch me no longer on this rough world.- Lear"
>>
>>38772152
Depression is more of a chemical inbalance in the brain than a growth pattern. People with depression literally have a fucked up levels of chemicals that lead to those thoughts. The pills are more to get the person to a state that they can make changes in their lives to fix those imbalances.

I.E. exercise, meditation, diet, being social. People aren't meant to stay on pills, but people do because they never actually change anything.
>>
>>38774201
Depression comes in many types. What OP claims/seems to have is manic depression (aka bipolar disorder). It comes with intense bursts of ambition/energy/motivation to achieve said things, but then most of the time you are disconnected from your life and rely on your manic episodes to proceed in life and 'get out of bed'.

There are other types of depression without mania, or mania that is oriented towards aggression/hallucinations.

Sure, disorders should be treated asap. In this and similar cases the problem is two-fold. Part of growing up (includes age 25) is becoming more independent (which is also in line with our culture) and getting your own role and status in the society (or at least assuming it or path to it). Young ambitious mid-twenties man is rushing full-steam-ahead and doesnt really listen to people telling him/her to slow down. People that age usually see stress as beneficial and fit for their future goals, just like gym-rat would enjoy constant DOMS. Which brings us to our second point, that people with antisocial behavior rarely see it as a negative trait.

No, you vant just choose to opt out of it. Personality is increasingly complex system and too radical changes can collapse it. Think about a building that is held by pillars of the disorder. Youd have to build supporting pillars before removing them.

Its very important theyd have constant stream of agents around them that they can use as reference later on. So many people who affirm your negative behavior and reward you for changing it and sanction you for perpetuating it.
Its not uncommon for antisocial d/o to have a submissive partner, who then negates all daily negative consequences and sanctions experienced by the subject.
>>
File: ratfaced-jew-on-computer.png (225KB, 800x764px) Image search: [Google]
ratfaced-jew-on-computer.png
225KB, 800x764px
>>38774472
> Depression is more of a chemical inbalance in the brain than a growth pattern. People with depression literally have a fucked up levels of chemicals that lead to those thoughts

Sponsored by Roche.
>>
>>38774472
Self-help is good, but if the problem persists, one should seek help of professionals. If the disorder has been sitting in the patient for years, it's likely the patient won't come up with ways to defeat it him/herself.
>>
File: 1473903539376.gif (2MB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
1473903539376.gif
2MB, 400x224px
>>38774432
>>38774082
>>38774196
>>38774359

"One fifteen-year-old boy wrote this poem two years before he killed himself:

Once. . . he wrote a poem.
And he called it "Chops,"
Because that was the name of his dog, and
that's what it was all about.

And the teacher gave him an "A"
And a gold star.
And his mother hung it on the kitchen door,
and read it to all his aunts. . .

Once. . . he wrote another poem.
And he called it "Question Marked Innocence,"
Because that was the name of his grief, and
And the professor gave him an "A"
And a strange and steady look.
And his mother never hung it on the kitchen door
because he never let her see it. . .

Once,. . . at 3 a.m. . . . he tried another poem. . .
And he called it absolutely nothing, because
And he gave himself an "A"
And a slash on each damp wrist,
And hung it on the bathroom door because he
couldn't reach the kitchen."

-Night Falls Fast

It's a really great book. It goes over the history of suicide, the public health concerns, the biology of suicide, the pathology, the psychology behind suicide, and offers solutions for society.

And reading it you will find yourself either tearing up or disgusted. You ought to read it just to find out how a cuckold knocks himself off.
>>
File: smugshinoa2sqr.png (271KB, 531x531px) Image search: [Google]
smugshinoa2sqr.png
271KB, 531x531px
>>38771968
>depression is characterized by decrease in brain activity
>depressed people are literally stupider
>>
>>38774500
You do realize this problem is temporary? Patents in USA last 20 years, the business is propelled by patent-guaranteed monopolies, and sure that 20 years they will heap great profits, but after that.
>>
>>38774241
Nah, different guy. My friend was a edgy loner, and was into the columbine shooting. He got V& at 15, and was released on parole at age 18. I knew the bastard since kindergarten we were practically brothers.
I would have known if he actually planned in something. We live in Canada, so random school shootings are a little harder to do, than in Burgerland.
>>
File: 1456092466817.jpg (30KB, 720x438px) Image search: [Google]
1456092466817.jpg
30KB, 720x438px
>>38774587
>being this dumb
>>
>>38772111
And there's kids around the world who's parents/siblings/closest friends died for stupid reasons, there were millions of jewish in Europe who were starved to death or worse in the holocaust.

>HURR DURRRRRRRR MY PAIN IS WURS THEN UR PAYN

fucking faggot, it's not a competition, using that argument condemns you as much as anyone else.
>>
>>38772134
>implying veterans don't have depression
>implying depression isn't physiological
>being this stupid
lmao
>>
Not an extreme depression, but diagnosed clinical depression with rather regular and extreme suicidal ideation. Never attempted, but according to my initial therapist that's rare given my severity.

Not on any medication due to the fact that I've always fought the depression no matter how hard it is. It's fucked over my social life, nearly cost me jobs, but somehow I'm not dead.
>>
File: 1473777553394.png (135KB, 262x266px) Image search: [Google]
1473777553394.png
135KB, 262x266px
>>38774587

Hahahahahahaha,

Your a weaboo faggot so you are an idiot regardless.

But let me clarify for you that not all brain activity is related to cognition. BTW that's "thinking" you retard.

Go ahead and do some research and you will find many artists, composers, writers, and scientists suffered from depression, whether uni-polar or bi-polar.

Don't worry, though. Your waifu will never know you got beat in an internet argument and you can continue to watch A-bomb trash cartoons.
>>
>>38773050
>retardation and government overreach

I'm sure you think biomedical testing on humans and things like zimbardo shouldn't be prohibited either :^)
>>
>>38771968
TFW i worked 2 of the shittiest jobs when you see people at their shittiest. Think it doesnt affect you.

Begin as a positive. motivated individual. Over the course of 3 years your morale depletes, your friends start becoming few. everything you enjoy becomes infiltrated by wiggers and degenerates. As time goes on you wonder why you even try. The hatred builds everyday. Start going out less. Why do people have to be like they are?, end up without a job, have to move back in with your parents. because medical bills, Spend vast amounts of time in solitude. Feel awkward socializing because you know under a thin layer all normies are fucked. Acquire a drinking problem. get in an accident, now your family hates you. nobody wishes you a happy birthday, your ex calls to try to play mind games so you ignore it. you finally turn to the iron temple to become a hermit of the gains.
>>
>>38772739
great, you don't ever get to complain about anything. ever. not in your whole life, you never get to be sad at all. Parents die in a car crash? Shake it off. you or your SO have a miscarriage? Whatever. Your children die in a horrible accident? Who cares, there are people starving. Grow up and be a man
>>
>>38774694
depression doesnt exist.

you have a bad mood because youre a stupid toddler who never had anything serious happen to them.
you havent lived your life you just know about it from the media.

its like those idiots complaining about internet bullying saying that words hurt. nigga you havent felt real physical pain if you ever think that words hurt. pro tip
words dont fucking hurt.
>>
Depression is a mechanism to tell you something is wrong. Find out what's causing the issue and remove that issue.
>>
>>38774591
>10% of U.S. population on anti-depressants (about 30 million people)
> pack of generic anti-depressants costs around $1.50 per month (eg fluoxetine)
>$540000000 per year

And that's before you take into account other countries consumption...... granted that's not all profit but it's still pretty lucrative.
>>
When i was really depressed the only thing i really managed to do was to train, i barely slept at all, so i just got up before classes every day. i ate nothing but shit and drank about two bottles of whisky a week. it was kind of the only think i had that gave me a break from thought. when i went to the gym i could just shut out everything in my mind and just focus on where my fingers were on the bar and the angle of my feet etc
>>
>>38774587
Tbh I don't think it makes me dumber, it just makes me care less and have less follow through.

A lot of depressed people are more creative though so that's a plus. I've noticed that a lot when I've dabbled in art in the past.
>>
>>38774777
I have a family history of mental disorders, depression, among other emotional and mental disorders, are physiological in addition to psychological. Your statements have no foundation in science or reason other than "I'm not depressed so other people can't be either"
>you have a bad mood because youre a stupid toddler who never had anything serious happen to them
I watched my brother hang from the ceiling in my garage when I was 13 years old, in 8th grade. I have done counseling since, and took medication for 2 years between 14-16. I have since overcome my illness and am no longer chronically depressed, although it is episodic, typically spanning around 2 months in the spring. I don't know why but my doctor believes it is a seasonal imbalance in my hormones and other chemicals in my brain (I'm no doctor, idk this shit). I occasionally take medication for it but can typically manage without using techniques to maintain my motivation and happiness; I can do this because I'm intimate with how the disease affects me. I rarely have spouts of what the media displays as depression, I have only very few times thought about suicide, although this may be in part due to my experience with it.
Read some texts on depression and suicide, take some psych classes at the local community college, and you might just find out that you're being a fucking retard and have no idea what you're talking about.
>inb4 "stop feeling sorry for yourself"
I'm just sharing my experience with mental illness, there's no self-pity here. It can be overcome healthily with proper treatment and/or counseling, every person is different and has an ideal way of treating their illness. Our culture views mental illness the way this anon does; something you can just get over. But that's not true, it's much like a physical illness. It is often out of the person's control, it is nothing to be ashamed of and it's something you can fight and beat, it will make you a better person in the end.
>>
>>38772912

This. I'm weening myself off it for this reason alone.

L-Theanine mitigates the anxiety a bit
>>
>>38774777
Look I get that you don't think depression doesn't exists but it does. My mothers side of the family is genetically predisposed to it. I watched my Dad beat my mom room to room for 16 years of my life and I'm 25 now. My mom took out her anger about being beat on me all the time. I've been dragged out of the house at 8 years old at 2am by my Dad because he wants me and my brother to choose who we would stay with. If he chose me he shit talked my mom while I cried and he narrowly dodged traffic for hours . I'm not sad because of what happened to me. I'm depressed because my brain doesn't work properly due to being around that all of my childhood. I wake up and have no reason for feeling the way I do, but I trudge on because I'm a coward who can't pull the trigger. It's not easy or a fun thing to deal with. I get that modern people pull that depression card all the time like it's some cool thing, but some of us actually deal with a real problem daily.
>>
>>38772078
Yes I fucking can dismiss someone's pretend or self-inflicted problems including OP. He's just a lazy faggot that needs to actually work and strive for something. He sounds like Rob Kardashian.
>>
>le hardship is relative maymay

No, some people are just pussies. Every other person I know is on antidepressants. Depression is a meme. You can overcome it.
>>
>>38774791
False. Depression has been shown to be hereditary. The following article examines a single family (http://archneur.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=573523) and shows a correlation between depression and taurine deficiency, a genetic trait. This is a poor sample, but more correlations have been found. This paper shows a reduction in seretonin 5HT2 receptors in alleged victims of hereditary depression, with a more significant sample size (http://nuk.schattauer.de/en/contents/archivepremium/issue/special/manuscript/23321/show.html). Check yourself before you shrek yourself, m8y

>>38774804
Cancer research is also lucrative, but that doesn't make it illegitimate. Anti-depressants are outrageously priced, but they are not ineffective. You have no backing for such a statement, and the burden of proof is on you for suggesting null when the status quo is that they do, in fact, work. And remember, PEMN.

>>38774946
>>38774947
These are some traits of depression. See how they have different experiences but have the same condition. The first anon was particularly susceptible to addiciton, you see this through his alcohol dependency and need to train. He also ignored many things that a normal person would place great value on, such as sleep and school. The second one displayed a lack in motivation, a very common way of depression showing itself.

Dispel these ideas of what depression, anxiety, and all mental illnesses are; it's a great health concern and must be taken seriously, lest we have more suicides in our world than there already are.
>>
>>38775110
See my two previous posts, >>38774958 and >>38775113 . Depression can most certainly be overcome, and over-prescription is an issue, you can't say that there are no doctors and companies out there to make you think you have diseases you don't. Depression is not, however, a "meme". It's a very serious and well documented mental illness, please learn about it before making such audacious assumptions.
>>
>>38771968
I'm going to kill myself.

take that gay boys
>>
>>38774138
"man the fuck up"
I love this phrase. It's just as baseless a platitude as
"just pull yourself up from your bootstraps."

Look around you man, the world is way more complex than that, and something like depression can't be fixed with a sentence.
This is no different than fixing a bad economy with "Just create more jobs."
I think you know what I'm saying but you will likely defend your position because it worked for you, and you will bring out your personal stories about how "man up" worked for you so you should be able to apply it to everyone.

You don't even know this man's name. Think about that. You don't even know his name and you have relevant advice? So poignant that it can be said in a sentence? It's just silly.

A more practical answer to this man's question is "you need to find help" whether that is a doctor or a psychoanalyst. I believe "man up" works for some people, but for this man he just plain needs professional help.

Just my two cents, I'm not attempting to argue with >>38774138
>>
I'm kind of there. I'm not motivated by anything. Nothing really matters.
>>
i feel too scared/shy to get therapy. i mean, ive gone to therapists in person before, but i want to try online therapy, but it seems more difficult.

any advice? i just want someone to talk to about my worries..
>>
Well I figured one of the reasons I'm not happy is I compare myself to others constantly. Doesn't have to be me as a person but situation. Like when I'm in the club I'll just theorize and think about how it could and will be better if I had x or y, was like z guy or something.
Or how I got a friend who spends shitton of money on girls and fucks a lot. It usually involves money and I get depressed because of that and never enjoy myself really. Sometimes when I drink enough I forget but not always.
I don't know how to get out of this mindset and start liking life and then I could focus on achieving shit if I wasn't just focusing on getting random shit.

I know all of this from logical standpoint but it's hard. Doesn't help that even if I wanted to do it on my own I don't know how to increase social circle or get girls when only examples I know are guys that spend a lot of money or PUAs that are creepy as fuck.
>>
Hey all, I don't often go on 4chan but I changed things up and ended up here. Wanted to give my opinion on the matter of "getting over it". As someone who has struggling with clinical depression for a number of years (currently 21, had it as early as 13-14) I found a routine that my work for some. OP has a routine similar to mine when I was in the middle of it. Go to sleep in the morning and sleep til past noon. Daily shit meals were my specialty, usually staying home in high school from being too disturbed to get out of bed only to order a large dominoes pizza and 6 cans of root beer to my face. Alone. I ended up swapping schools and took a personal fitness course in one of my final high schools. Changed my life. Went from 250 down to 180. And I've been hovering around 195 - 200 for the past two years or so. (6'2") but it wasn't over. I was still depressed and only started really getting a decent routine after surrounding myself with people I enjoy, working out on the regular (if no gym time , cardio was my outlet. Running clears the mind and gets you high on life > endorphins) and I've kept a solid routine since. Those useless sayings like ' man up' 'get over it' not so much a real thing. Just gotta filter some shit out. There's plenty of non tumblr useful people out there and tips and I personally don't think buying into the medical prescription market is the best way to go (haven't experienced it myself though - heard it works for some) but I believe the mind is strong and we can overpower it if we have the right resources and experience.
>>
File: 1471542108694.jpg (58KB, 762x388px) Image search: [Google]
1471542108694.jpg
58KB, 762x388px
>>38771968
Go see a therapist, you're not going to talk it out here. Also OP is a faggot.

>this entire thread
How good/bad you or I have had it is none of anyone's business and irrelevant to the topic. You wanna talk about how shitty you think your life is, then see a therapist. They might actually be able to do something to help you. In here it's just dick waving.

>depression isn't real/only for weak people
Depression is a real illness, with real consequences. It can affect anyone.

If you take anything away from this shitshow of a thread, understand this:
Depression is a cancer of the human will to live.
Thread posts: 235
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.