[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When I'm doing pull ups with any grip I can't go into

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: cns.jpg (588KB, 1920x1273px) Image search: [Google]
cns.jpg
588KB, 1920x1273px
When I'm doing pull ups with any grip I can't go into dead hangs because I get shoulder pain. As of now I can do 3x7 BW pullups neutral grip, maybe a big more chinups rested and probably a bit less pullups with overhand grip. But I don't go into dead hangs. Should I get to the point where I can do 4x12 BW overhand pullups before working on the full range of motion? Because if I try and do dead hangs then not only my shoulder hurts but the rep numbers are significantly lower since it tires the shit out of me.

Pic unrelated
>>
>>38770391
Figure out why your shoulders are in pain and rectify it. Is your form off, do you overwork them, was it a past injury, etc
>>
>>38770404
never been injured in the past, my form is good generally and I do PPLxPPLx so they could be a little tired from benching, however I only get pain as I extend my arm up and as the palm faces away from me I rotate it to face towards my other hand. Hope that makes sense. Even as I write this right now and I do this motion I can hear something going on.
>>
Most people get this, /fit/ and the majority of weight lifters don't realise how much shoulder flexibility and scapular retraction you need to be able to dead hang comfortably. It's not an easy rom to enter much less pull from. Do more rows with emphasis on activating the mid back and setting the scapular, do rc work and serratus isolation where you can as well. I guarantee most intermediate lifters who have never focused on shoulder health and function can't dead hang comfortably
>>
how about working your lats with rows until you can do pullups with full ROM? i have shoulder problems too and use narrow grip on a lat pulldown machine, works wonderfully
>>
>>38770474
>rc work and serratus isolation
how?
btw I do 2 types of pullups 3xF as my first back exercises then I do 2 types of rows, so eventually I'll get stronger, but the thing is that it's not comfortable yet, should I continue strengthening my back without going to dead hang and later on focus more on shoulder health by doing dead hangs?
>>
>>38770391
Your shoulder is a bigger problem than just pull ups. If you cant do a dead hang you probably cant lock out on your OHP either.
>>
>>38770508
I don't OHP, I used to dumbbell press but now I just do rear delt flys along with side lat raises, since front delts get worked from the binch
>>
>>38770505

Cable rotation, serratus pullovers, push up plus' and and other isolation that works for you. But it will mostly be your mid back.

Feel free to keep doing pullups if you want although if you can't dead hang I imagine you probably don't get particularly good activation in your lats to begin with.

Dead hanging won't improve shoulder health, strengthen the muscles supporting your bone structure first.
>>
>>38770391
Look for ways to get shoulder flexibility.
Stretch after every workout.
Stretch after every workout.
STRETCH AFTER EVERY WORKOUT.
You wont realize how important it is until you are flexible.
>>
File: whole-body-stretching-routine.png (643KB, 4961x3508px) Image search: [Google]
whole-body-stretching-routine.png
643KB, 4961x3508px
>>38770577
3, 5 and 8 on pic related are enough, right?

>>38770547
So you believe that rows at this point will give me more back gains than pullups unless I do dead hangs?
>>
>>38770620
No, I'm just saying if your goal is to dead hang then you need to improve your shoulder mobility and potential ROM which you can only do by strengthening the supporting muscles that allow you to enter that position. Stretching helps too but it's secondary.
>>
>>38770677
seratus pullovers are just the normal dumbbell pullovers tho? Can't find anything on google. And I'm not sure if I should put it on Back or Chest day since it works both.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.