[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>started cutting >lifts immediately go down Fuck. Is it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1292107397716.jpg (9KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1292107397716.jpg
9KB, 240x240px
>started cutting
>lifts immediately go down

Fuck. Is it even worth continuing a strength routine while cutting?
>>
>>38755410

How much are you losing each week? If you've got some time in the gym under your belt, go for like 1 lb per week at most.
>>
>>38755410

What else are you going to do? Its easier to gain strength on a cut than mass, certainly.
>>
>>38755440
More reps is easier and I imagined it would burn more calories?
>>
Keep up your strength routine and get the fucking cut over with, OP.

I gained like 5 kilos of fat over the summer due to eating too much of my moms cooking and all the candy she bought.

Just cut hard, keep protein high, motivation comes from seeing results and get back on bulking asap
>>
>>38755471
so few it's not even worth counting, a 5min run burns more.
>>
>>38755410
You're cutting too much.
>>
are you cutting for the fucking winter?
>>
>>38755715
australia
>>
>>38755410
You may be cutting too quickly. You can't expect your lifts to go up but they shouldn't plummet.

Just keep cutting, lots of protein and once you get to your target you can start bulking again.

Or just cycle like a sane, rational person would.
>>
File: 1417497686253.jpg (104KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1417497686253.jpg
104KB, 960x960px
>>38755410
You should always be running a strength routine while cutting. I personally wouldn't do much more than triples or 3x5's for major compounds. Assistance work can have a bit more wiggle room in terms of reps per set.

Your Central Nervous System and it's ability to recruit more muscle fibers for moving weight is what will ultimately determine how much you are going to lift. Trying to keep your CNS condition to maintain your heavy lifts during a caloric deficit is the ultimate goal of lifting on a cut.

I have no idea why people do 3x10 and 12's on bench and shit while cutting. You are NOT going to build mass while cutting whatsoever. You cannot not create mass out of thin air, it goes against the laws of physics.
>>
>>38755410
The point of a strength routine while cutting isn't necessarily to gain strength but to preserve and maintain as much as you can. If you want to get lean and not lose too much muscle lifting as heavy as possible is the best way to do it. If you're really careful you may even gain a little strength. I've lost weight recently and completed several cycles of Candito's 6 Week. It's not easy but if you basically go hard as you can each session you can do it.
>>
>>38755715
Holy shit.
>>
>>38755775
Hey I have that same shower curtain

I wish I had that same girl as well ;_;
>>
>>38755775
WHO
>>
>>38755410
So if I DONT Want my lifts to fucking crumble and fall like the twin towers, what is the deficit I should aim at? 10% max?

pls respond
>>
>>38755715
>muh summer cut and winter bulk
Not all of us have friends to go to the beach and do normie shit with in the summer, faggot
>>
Yeah keep strength training or you'll lose LBM like a mother fucker
>>
Realize when you're in a depressive thought path. Realize "the only reason I'm not doing x is because of my depressive thoughts" is not a good excuse for anything. It will never go away but you can fight it and make it better. I used to take meds for anxiety and depression now I manage my self and do what I need to do to get what I want. Nothing is easy you have to work for it. Now go get it or be a wallowing fat miserable fuck your whole life your choice.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.