[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"if you don't get hurt lifting multiple times through

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: manson.jpg (13KB, 300x322px) Image search: [Google]
manson.jpg
13KB, 300x322px
"if you don't get hurt lifting multiple times through life, you didnt lift hard enough"

I heard a bunch of ripped big muscular guys say this at the gym a bunch. Are they right?
>>
>>38738021
No. You can get big by following proper forms and not overtraining and getting enough rest. Other than soreness, you should be having no actual pain.

Of course, most people aren't perfect and will make mistakes in lifting and learn from those mistakes and get better. That might be what they're trying to say. I don't think they mean you should purposely try to hurt yourself by lifting too heavy and hurting yourself with improper form.
>>
>>38738130
thanks!
>>
>>38738021
Who said this? A crossfiter? Fucking lol
>>
File: THIS IS HOW YOU GET BIG.png (296KB, 700x429px) Image search: [Google]
THIS IS HOW YOU GET BIG.png
296KB, 700x429px
depends on how good you want to get. once you get to a high level, you've got to work really fucking hard to keep improving, and injuries are pretty inevitable at some point. if you just want to get healthy and look decent, then yeah you can do fine without pushing yourself to the point where you'll get injured.

nobody at a high level ever thinks that they're going to get hurt. like, mark bell never walks into the gym for a bench workout expecting to tear a pec, but sometimes shit happens when you're pushing really hard.
>>
Can confirm. Am laying on floor with broken back right now
>>
>>38738021
>you can't get strong unless you permanently make yourself weaker in some way

Just some retards senpai.
>>
>>38738021
I'd like to believe this is true. I'm far from a powerlifter but I get nagging injuries from time to time where I gotta take a week or 2 off and let something heal.
>>
That's only true in a general sense if you actually get to the point of being objectively strong. Shit is more likely to occur when you're beating yourself up with objectively heavier weights. The stronger you are the more care you need to take and the higher the likelihood of hurting yourself even if you don't do anything extremely wrong.
>>
>>38738749
No a regular lifter not a faggot
>>
>>38738021
Yes. Obviously not in the sense that hurting yourself will make you better, but if you're lifting hard, things like muscle strains/pulls, inflammation and tightness are inevitable.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.