[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pre-face: I'm 174cm (5'9"? I think). Sorry for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: bmi-infographic.jpg (49KB, 736x469px) Image search: [Google]
bmi-infographic.jpg
49KB, 736x469px
Pre-face: I'm 174cm (5'9"? I think). Sorry for being a manlet, but I can't help it.

Back in 2007 or 2008, I had reached my maximum weight at the time, which was 114.8 kgs (251 pounds). I went to dietologists and started a proper diet for the first time in years. By 2009 or so, I had managed to reach 100.1 kgs, my lowest-ever descent at the time, and even to this day. I wouldn't say that loosing those roughly 14 kgs was difficult. In fact, I found it very easy. Obviously, it was over 1.5 year which is nothing impressive, but suffice to say I didn't break a sweat. So, at that situation, I was still overweight, but not nearly as obese as when I started.

Due to environment change, the following year I started gaining weight once again. I would say I reached 103 kg by the time I stopped visiting the dietologist altogether. For a while I maintained the weight, but slowly but surely, I started to eat fastfood (for the first time in my life, I should say) and quickly surpassed 110 kg once again. I was probably in my starting weight when I decided to visit another dietologist, and in over a year or so, I lost 7-8 kgs to reach my second lowest descent, which would be something around 104kgs -107kgs, can't remember exactly. Eventually, I just stopped trying and she essentially dismissed me.
>>
>>38732017

Ever since, during the last 4-5 years I've been trying on and off to lose weight, but mostly off. There are periods where I might have lost 5 kgs, but then I gain 6 or 7. All in all, I weight over 130kgs right now, which is by far the most I have ever weighted, and I'm fucking devastated because I've tried so much over the years that all of my will power is gone. I might start another period of weight loss, sure, but then I know I will just earn all that I lost, and then some.

This has affected me in pretty much all sectors of my life. I'm 25-years-old, 3 years overdue for my degree. I've lost contact with all of my friends, who are moving on with their lives, I'm disappointing my family on a daily basis, and I've lost all of my (once sky-high) confidence in myself career-wise. Knock-on-wood, I haven't had health problems so far, but I know these are just around the corner, and that makes me chill with fear.

I honestly don't know what to do. I feel like a weight-loss would be an instant switch to solving all of my problems, but it's a switch that has become essentially impossible to flip.

tl;dr:
25-years-old, 174 cm, 130 kgs, losing control of my life, has already expanded my willpower to even try to lose weight.

This is just a rant, I guess. I know there's no magic solution to this, or a secret that can turn things around for me. But I'd like to know if anyone has escaped a situation like this. Is it too late for me?
>>
>>38732017

Is that picture accurate? I'm 33bmi but have a smaller gut than the overweight guy.
>>
I had a friend who went from 140kg to 80kg a few years ago and has kept the weight off. He was about your age only a bit taller, probably 5cm or so.

It took him a whole year to lose the weight. He was, and still is, incredibly disciplined. He counted everything he put into himself and still does. He had to change his whole life around and reteach himself how to eat. He told me he used his weaknesses as strengths. He used to be a gamer and he quit that and instead turned weight loss into a game or games (no joke) using some apps or something. Eventually he weened himself off that too and just done it. He kind of had to become a whole other person.

So it's definitely possible to escape from your situation but definitely not easy.
>>
>>38732021
babby steps retard
don't go HAM or else you'll expend your already pathetic willpower before it is given a chance to grow.
>>
File: klokov.jpg (570KB, 788x697px)
klokov.jpg
570KB, 788x697px
>>38732775
BMI is a bad standard. It's just absolute weight and height.
Klokov is obese by the American measurement.
>>
>>38733251
BMI works for the vast majority of people who are not strength athletes. If you are a strength athlete then BMI is definitely not going to work for you.
>>
>>38732017
You need to talk to a professional pham, It sounds like you're losing control of your life and your weight problems are the result. It all sounds like pretty standard stuff and you're only 25 but go talk to someone and get your mind straight, a dietologist won't do anything for you.
>>
>>38733251
Yes I'm sure op looks just like klokov. Thanks for bringing up this totally relevant and not at all retarded point. We definitely didn't know how BMI fucking works before you decided to enlighten us all.

Kill yourself.
>>
File: 1473285439448.gif (2MB, 380x285px) Image search: [Google]
1473285439448.gif
2MB, 380x285px
>>38733251
You are right, so many people on earth are elite olympic weightlifters.

pro tip, vast majority of people don't even lift.
>>
It's all over for you now my friend. You never stayed the course, even with the outside influence of a dietician. You rant now because you've already given up. You now have to accept that you'll be fat forever. I for one accept your confession and wish you good luck on your continued path of obesity
>>
File: MHj9a15.jpg (112KB, 462x1200px) Image search: [Google]
MHj9a15.jpg
112KB, 462x1200px
>>38732021
>>38732017
two easy steps new friend:

1. read the fucking sticky
2. get the fuck out
>>
>>38732775
OP here. I guess it's not accurate, because BMI doesn't really represent fat:muscle ratio. I look closer to Class I even though according to this I belong in Class III. I suppose it exaggerates the whole thing to get the point across.

I don't necessarily care about reaching "normal weight". What triggered me to post this thread is that I saw some old (old being 3-4 years ago) photos earlier today, when I was lighter, and I thought I was just fine even though I would have been around 105kgs at the time.

Something around 90kgs may be ideal for me. I don't mind being a "big guy" as long as I'm not a straight out fatass.

Anyway, thanks for everyone's replies.

Maybe >>38734853 is right, but I nonetheless took a read of the sticky a few hours ago. It was mostly things I already knew, and my problem certainly isn't understanding the theory as much as that I lack "persistence and patience".

I'm starting a more coordinated effort once again, with calorie-counting. Due to the many diet efforts I've taken through the years, I'm always aware of calories of each thing that I eat, so again it's not a matter of ignorance, but maybe the process of noting down food will make me more mindful of the process and less prone to give up.

I dunno, I guess we'll see.
>>
>>38734848

Uh..name
>>
>>38733251
I've been lifting for over 2 years and BMI is still a decent standard to hold myself to. Granted I'd be underweight at a higher BF (like 19 or 20 as opposed to less than 18.5) but its still relatively accurate even though I'm above average in strength.

Before you autists ask for pics and stats I'll put out there that for my time lifting I'm not impressive, just stronger than the mass majority of people since most people don't lift.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.