[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup guys. What made you finally start going to the gym? And how

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 2dd.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
2dd.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
Sup guys. What made you finally start going to the gym? And how is your progress going?

All of last year I was a truck driver, started the job weighing in at about 180. And over the course of the year, got to 210lbs (this is still with trying to eat healthy as much as I could out on the road) and had 34 waist pants that got really tight while I was out there.

Came back home late December and started a job at a warehouse, lots of walking and lifting stuff to ship out. Then I finally got fed up with hating myself in the mirror and picked up a gym membership about 2 months ago.

Been going steady for the past month and a half and my waist is down to a 32 and my weight is down to 176.

Been eating healthier, don't hate myself as much, my girlfriend is happier as a result (my self esteem really put a damper on our relationship) and everyday I'm in the gym I'm able to lift even more.

I don't have amazing stats yet. But hell guys, if I can do it and keep pushing forward, you sure as hell can.
>>
I'm a depressed NEET who wasted 4 years getting an engineering degree. I lift away the pain of ill fated decisions.

143lb up from 120lb in May. Am 6'0. Extremely low body fat.
>>
>>38718006
143 at 6'0? You a hard gainer?

And that's great man. At least you chose a healthy outlet instead of drinking your problems away or worse.
>>
>>38718048
I gained 20lbs or 10kg of muscle in under 6 months, my gains have been fine.
>>
>>38717868
>took weightlifting class sophomore year of high school
>wanted to lift for sports because a skelly cant compete in baseball
>college starts
>continue to lift but for girls now

>>38718048
he's a lazy fuck
>>
>>38718072
Normal rate of muscle growth for noobies is 1-2 lbs of lean muscle growth a month. 20lbs of 'lean muscle' in six months isn't really possible unless you're roiding breh.
>>
>>38718079
Oi.

>>38718141
High test and creatine.

I've been working hard, I'm going to make it and look ripped first year working out during upside down summer.

Mate I'm dynamic and my gains great.
>>
>>38718164
Ahhhhhhh Mk. Makes sense now. Best of luck brah. We're all gonna make it.
>>
6'4 and 190lbs with absolutely no muscle
Started fat burning routines and cardio along with abs and chest workouts 4 weeks ago.

Little visible progress, but I feel more energetic and pumped everytime I leave the gym, so I hope progress will be experiencable soon
>>
Tried lifting with no plan in the past, never stuck to it never ate right.

Got tired of never feeling sore and having insomnia, because I was never active. 5'10",165 lbs. With fit I'm on a workout and diet plan and feeling fantastic, getting them gains.
>>
File: 1472450056511.jpg (287KB, 788x872px) Image search: [Google]
1472450056511.jpg
287KB, 788x872px
Started a little over a month ago. I actually attempted to start going to the gym over a year ago but I was extremely inconsistent, one day on then a week off then one day on then another week off, it was horrible, + the gym (l.a fitness) was fuckin horrible, broken weights, like 1 barbell, small weight room, stunk, no air conditioning, no squat rack, bench was in the middle of the weight room and because I could only bench the bar I found it embarrassing and stopped going, here I am a year later making great progress so far, went from benching the bar (which was still awkward and I almost quit on the first day but decided to do the right thing for once in my life)to 40kg in a month and hoping to hit 1pl8 by christmas, feels good knowing I won't be part of the "new year new me" crowd, i'll be a step ahead of everyone on january 1st and it feels fucking fantastic that I finally have the ball rolling. Went from 125 to 140 and still gaining of course.

As for what the trigger was, I just don't really like how I look, can't wear certain clothing because it'll just look dumb because i'm skinny and i'd like to feel more confident in my own skin. It's been almost 3 years since I learnt about lifting but I was too "young" to start lifting seriousl(18 now), so finally having a set routine and constant progression every time i'm at the gym is an amazing feeling that's kind of new to me.

We're all gonna make it brahs, just remember why you started.
>>
I'm 5ft9inches 14atone 4 lbs fat British where the fuck do I start. I eat alright but don't workout. Rice and boiled eggs. Chicken with Broccoli and green beans. I eat nearly every day, minus the weekends
>>
>>38718520
Also i'm 6'0", i know i'm still underweight at 140 but I gots to give this weight gain thing time, time and consistency lads.
>>
>>38718530
Calculate your tdee, get a gym membership, hop on stronglifts 5x5 and count your calories and macronutrients using myfitnesspal, eat at maintenance for as long as you can progress in your lifts, give it a few months and see where that gets you pal, also

READ THE FUCKING STICKY (100% SERIOUS) IT HAS EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW!
>>
>>38718520
I forgot to mention, the LA fitness shut down and they built a pure gym there instead with new equipment and stuff, also 24 hour access so I'm blessed, can just go early in the morning without having to wait for equipment to free up, very convenient
>>
>>38718006
I wasted 10 years "getting" masters in engineering degree due to depression, lack of discipline and drugs.

I am 30.

Might as well an hero.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.