[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>go for monthly blood test to increase my dose of isotretinoin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: 1472646950664.jpg (119KB, 352x385px) Image search: [Google]
1472646950664.jpg
119KB, 352x385px
>go for monthly blood test to increase my dose of isotretinoin
>results come in
>everything's fine except from way too high CPK (basically damaged muscles) (317 u/l when it's supposed to be from 24 to 170)
>doc says I should have less volume on my workouts
>mfw I'm just doing PPLxPPLx and my push day which has the highest volume is just 5 exercises 4x8
WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF WHY? FUCKIN GAINS GOBLINS
>>
>>38716634
I'm not sure about PPL programming, but maybe you are using too many sets at too high a weight. Eg. doing 70% for 5, then 75%, then 80%, then 85% instead of 65% for 5, 75%, 85% etc.
>>
>>38716698
the weight stays the same throught to the work sets, and at the beginning I just do a set at about 60% of my normal weight to prepare the muscles
>>
>>38716634

Listen up, double PPL is great, but it drains you out about 3 months in and you get overtrained.
Have a cycle, do 2 months PPLxPPLx and then a month of PxPxLxx.

If you are not a begginer you should not even do double PPL, workout only 3 or 4 times a week and still make gains, maybe even more gains.
>>
>>38716844
>PxPxLxx
hi Kinobody
now lettuce be serial for a moment. I've been working out for 3 and a half months. During this time I did fullbody 3 times a week for about a month, for 1 month I've done a Push/Pull split including legs on Push day 4 times a week, for a couple of weeks I did PPLPPLx and now I'm doing PPLxPPLx. I guess I'm not really at total beginner stage anymore, but last winter I tried doing a PxPxLxx split and saw no fucking gains. So I'm probably gonna reduce my worksets from 4x8 to 3x8, I don't think there's another way, except from doing fullbody 3x
>>
>>38716900

You are a beginner, do double, just take an easy month every now and then.

After 3 or 4 years you can start easing up and doing 3 workouts a week, because you won't be gaining shit without dat dere celltech.
>>
>>38716946
I felt tired with double and if I did that then my blood tests will probably be even worse next time
also
>natty brother been 7yrs saw no gains with PxPxLxx for almost a year so he switched to PPLxPPLx last 2 months and he's still getting stronger and bigger.
DON'T FALL FOR PxPxLxx PEOPLE LMAO
>>
File: 1473348226176.png (345KB, 1080x969px) Image search: [Google]
1473348226176.png
345KB, 1080x969px
>>38716634
Post routine, i need a new one. Just finished ss after 6 months.
>>
>>38716991

Try upper/lower 2 times a week then.

PxPxLxx is an example of a 3 day split, you can fix it however you want.
>>
Why not break up PPLxPPLx with a fullbody 3x a week month?
It's the most efficient way to work out and it gives you plenty of rest time. Brosplitting is terrible IMHO, I find I have way more fun and way better results on a ULxULxx or ULxPPLx as it allows you to go heavier and harder because you actually get to rest, not just wait until you're not sore.
>>
>>38717039
Note that in the ULxULxx one of the uppers is lighter and one of the lowers is lighter, on the ULxPPLx, the PPL days are lighter and UL is heavy strength training.
>>
I'm doing PPLPPLxPPLPPLx and have done it for almost a year now..
>>
>>38717067
fuck off chad
>>
File: cns.jpg (588KB, 1920x1273px) Image search: [Google]
cns.jpg
588KB, 1920x1273px
>>38717006
Sure. Evertything listed below is done with Dumbbells only, no barbells no machines cause homegym.

PUSH
4x8 Incline Bench
4x8 Incline Flys
4x8 Seated Shoulder Press
4x8 Side Lateral Raises
4x8 Standing One Arm Dumbbell Tricep Extension (lmao)

PULL
4xF Neutral Grip Pull Ups
4x8 Incline Bench Rows (with forearms flared out to hit upper back)
4x8 Bicep Curls
4x8 Hammer Curls

LEGS (& Abs)
4x8 Walking Lunges
4x8 Standing Oblique Crunch
4xF Plank variation

I'm thinking of changing Lunges to 3x8, add right after them Romanian Deadlifts and also add V Ups between SOB and Plank

>>38717039
I can't quite do that without a barbell though, don't you think?

>>38717067
Is pic related your cns?
>>
>>38717294

u wot m'lord

How are you even stimulating your muscle to grow with this piss of a workout?
>>
>>38717358
dyel? Everybody knows that to become aesthetic you just need heavy dumbbells, and mines are adjustable up to 38kg. Seen very good gains through all this time but I guess you are a silly ripptoebro, sorry for you.
>>
>>38717294

Push day looks allright.
Pull more, 2-3 times more than you push.
Where are the legs mon negro?

Go read the sticky than comeback.
>>
>>38717409
>where are the legs
kek. Have you ever done walking lunges with heavy ass dumbbells? No? Oh, alrighty then...
>Le squat is the only leg exercise
Squats are great because they train a shitton of muscles in your body, but it doesn't mean you cant get big legs without them. If you've ever done walking lunges or bulgarian split squats for 4x8 with heavy ass dumbbells you'd knew the feeling of real pain. Sorry though, guess you are a pussy.
>>
>>38717387
ok, your push day looks ok, even tho you should be able to bench more than 38 if you are roiding like that, but dude- your lats get basically no work except pullups, i dont even get how you can call that thing there a leg day, and i have no idea how you can flare your forearms on a row. pls post your stats and a bit inside to your routine, cuz i dont think you know what youre doing. also thats not more than 60 sets a week if that burns you out you have some issues and should overthink your cycle
>>
>>38716634
Your dermatologist probably doesn't know know shit about the interpretation of creatine kinase tests in an athletic population. 44% of athletes will return an abnormal result on a CK with some studies showing the upper limit of normal in the male athletic population to be 6 times the upper limit of normal in the sedentary population.

That said, some elite sports physicians used elevated CK as a marker of overtraining, if your gains have plateaued recently consider deloading in some way. Otherwise I wouldn't worry too much.

>tl;dr Ignore your doctor, take advice from an anonymous Nauruan masturbation newsgroup.
>>
>>38717441

Hol up, hol up, imma help you, don't be butthurt.

Lunges are great, just do some goblet squats and if you finna incorporate Romanians then do them 6x8.
Your hammies are more important than quads, and your back is more important than chest/shoulders.
>>
HAHAHAHAHAHA

You are like a little baby.

Mine was 1295 as of last test :^)

Yall do bitchboy workouts
>>
>>38717542
quads are most important and push muscles maybe more than pull, it all depends on presets and goals
>>
>>38717584
I'm not talking about aesthetics, I'm talking about health.
You'll see when the kyphosis strikes.
>>
File: rows matt ogus.png (1MB, 1280x816px) Image search: [Google]
rows matt ogus.png
1MB, 1280x816px
>>38717536
citation needed. you can't possibly think I can trust an anonymous guy on a Taiwanese goose skinning forum instead of my doc just because it is more beneficial for me to do so.
> i have no idea how you can flare your forearms on a row
see pic related
>>38717526
who said anything about roiding faggot? natty4life making Goobert proud.

>>38717542
I've done goblet squats with like 30something Kg dumbbell in the past and it it didn't stimulate shit. Also, isn't 6x8 too much volume when apparently I have to go easy since my blood test says so?

What else do you think I should do for back? I thought neutral grip pull ups with rows with elbows flared out like pic related would be enough. Any suggestions?

>>38717574
I'm on 10mg. Going 30mg tomorrow, she said if there's a side effect from the meds next time I do tests it could be thousands.
>>
>>38717640
Nah bro I had 1295 on 10mg, doc said stop working out for 5 days and do another test, it dropped to 240 or something after 5 days of idling.

All about the volume baby.
Lift hard or go home
>>
>>38717665
so what do you suggest I should do? take a rest week and keep lifting at the same pace or just go from doing everything 4x8 to doing everything 3x8?
>>
>>38717640

Just pull more, more rows, more pull ups (chin ups, weighted, neutral), try to get 2:1 in favor of pull exercises, you can just up the sets if you want.
Incorporate sprints 1-2 times a week, lift 4 times a week, do medium intensity cardio 2 times a week (cycling is the best), there is no need to lift 6 times.
>>
>>38717684
Why take a rest week?
CK means absolutely nothing if it's not caused by the meds which I can guarantee its not.

American football players have recorded having over 5500 after trainings, so don't be fussed about several hundred lol.

3x8 is pussy work btw.

Do 5x8, 4 times in a workout at least.

On back days I will do 30+ sets of good shit
>>
>>38717006
>getting a routine from some random guy on 4chan working out less time than you have.
have you learnt nothing in your 6 months ?
>>
>>38717640
isotretinoin is a med, i see. just assumed it was a roid cuz i have no idea why you need a monthly blood test otherwise. even more then, show your stats pls, so we can tell how advanced you are
>>
>>38717697
>cardio
I only do it when I eat too much.

>>38717708
jesus christ I'm already tired when I'm done with my workouts, that's way too much volume lmao

>>38717728
Oh well, I can do 20kg on inlince bench, 15 shoulder press, 16kg each lunges, on pullups I do them to failure and my best is 8-5-3-3, chinups it was 8-6-4-4 a couple weeks ago, and I do rows with 24kg.
>>
>>38717640
>citation needed
>tfw procrastinating like a bitch
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17526622

I really need to waste less time on Ukrainian feels chatrooms
>>
File: image.jpg (236KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
236KB, 1280x960px
>>38717728
Back pic because it's my most recent pic
>>
>>38717728
forgot, 178cm ~70kg, ~13%bf
>>
>>38717763
i know you didnt tell your stats so we take you serious, but pls man get a program or learn how to program. i like selfmade routines and have the same stats you have but that wont take you far. alternate the exercises more, alternate the rep ranges, etc. you need to try around till you find a working way, and you clearly havent. this routine is nothing, during cuts i did fuckall and hit pplppl without rest days for weeks with twice your voume each day, but i dont think you lose that much gains if u work 3 times fullbody. i hated it working out only 3 times a week but if u cant handle it then dont try, if your doc says the bloodwork is a serious issue just do 3 times fullbody, nothing to lose for a natty at these stats
>>
>>38717903
I thought about reducing my volume to all days to no more than 15 total sets, and if I feel bad or I feel ok but my next monthly tests are worse then I'll do fullbody3x
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.