[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/QTDDTOT/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 367
Thread images: 34

File: qtt.png (807KB, 604x603px) Image search: [Google]
qtt.png
807KB, 604x603px
apparently you get a brief spike in testosterone on the seventh day of not fapping. would it be better to time this so that it's on a rest day or a gym day?

also qtddtot i guess
>>
uhh ye these minor increases in free test don't actually make you build more muscle or anything.
>>
Anyone flex their calves when they squat? I feel more stable. Not sure why I didn't do this earlier.
>>
At what weight do weightlifting belts become useful for squats?
>>
>>38715834
I used to think that it mattered, then I found out it's a minuscule spike in free test that doesn't really effect anything at all. Doesn't matter when ya time it.

Although 7 day no fap cycles are a nice way to get "benefits" of nofap without being part of the cult level bullshit of it all.
Also, any of you fags ever done keto? Would you recommend it over a normal cut? I always seem to fuck up normal cuts, and I'm at the point where I'm willing to try meme tier shit.
>>
>>38715962
I do keto. Whether or not I recommend it over a normal cut depends on what you want. Imo keto is the best way to lose fat and look muscular. A normal cut is certainly better for a much more active person, like someone who regularly jogs or swims. Also, when I do keto, I don't eat things like bacon or cheese. I eat full eggs, steak, pork, fish, etc and all with veggies.
>>
>>38716003
The main reason I'm considering keto is because I tend to fail horribly on more "traditional" cuts; I break the streak (hard) in some way shape or form, and then go off the rails.

On keto, do you ever find yourself doing that? Or does the premise of "don't eat non-veggie carbs" help you resist junk food?

End goal here is to look lean and muscular, and also to just outright lose fat, when I finish up this bulk and start cuttin'.
>>
>>38715834

same gains from swallowing your boyfriends cum, you fucking dumb cunt
>>
This may seem troll but I seriously don't know; If I take Whey am I natty?
>>
>>38715876
It's really up to you, anon. It depends on how big you are, how good your form is, and how fucked up your back is.
>>
>>38716071
Yep. You're natty. Whey (and creatine, before you ask) are both taken from foods, and found in foods. Whey is literally what happens when you boil a metric fucktonne of milk. It's basically what's left over in milk when the water is all evaporated.

Also, for future reference, steroids are essentially just artificial versions of the hormone testosterone. You are NOT natty, if you take any kind of artificial hormone, a drug called DNP or a drug called Clenbuerol. There are a few other non steroid drugs that make somebody non natty as well.

Before you ask, if you were taken either clen or DNP, you'd know. And also probably be dying. Painfully. Because people who fuck with those drugs without understanding them usually do.

Any other questions?
>>
is tofu good? its so fucking hard to find a measured assessment of whether it makes you into an estrogen filled mess or is decent protein.
>>
File: images.png (10KB, 284x178px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
10KB, 284x178px
How are you supposed to track weight gain correctly on a bulk while taking creatine because of the water weight, i've had 2-3kg swing of weight from a day to another ?
>>
>>38716029
Yeah, in the beginning, I caught myself frequently breaking the streaks, but I was limiting myself to one cheat day a week, it was really strict. It boggles my mind that some people can manage one cheat meal a week and be fine. Anyways, to reach your end goal via keto diet you really have no choice but to summon the discipline required to resist the inevitable cravings. On the bright side, desperately wanting junk food is how you know your diet is working. It's how you know you'll see results in no time. And I mean no time. You'll notice a physical change in as little as a week or two.

The only thing that helps me resist junk food when I'm at my hungriest is the fact that the cheat day is coming. Christ, I used to put m and m's in my fucking cereal when I woke up, and it was glorious to me, and it was ok, because I earned it after six days of no carbs.
>>
What do you think about this program for a beginner?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/

>inb4 leddit
>>
File: 1370433950548.jpg (33KB, 433x380px) Image search: [Google]
1370433950548.jpg
33KB, 433x380px
In SS how do I know the weight that i will start from?
Do they tell me in gym?
>>
Don't expect anyone to remember yesterdays post, but I'm trying to quit drinking. Basically ran out of money a few days ago, so had no other choice but to remain sober (because I had that little bit of self restrain and didn't lend money). Well, I got money again and now my brain is playing all kinds of tricks on me and trying to get me to drink again. Just don't know how I can stay strong, when my body and mind crave for that liquor and I could get it within minutes.
>>
File: super autist.jpg (111KB, 800x703px) Image search: [Google]
super autist.jpg
111KB, 800x703px
>>38715834
What happened to supermang?
>>
>>38717898
he gave up powerlifting and went back to snatching unwary passersby to take back to his lair under the bridge
>>
>>38716281
Why would you weigh everyday? Maybe weigh every week but trend it over the month.
>>
Is it your welcome or you're welcome?
>>
>>38717949
depends on the meaning

"this is your welcome to the gym"

"you're welcome for the spot"
>>
>>38716306
Honestly that sounds pathetic and I wouldn't call what you are doing keto. Cheating on Keto with carbs every week is taking you out for a few days, and just as you are maybe getting back in to Keto, you are about to cheat again. Either do it right, or fucking eat a well balanced diet including carbs. That post makes you sound like a bitch
>>
Carbs (dextrose etc)post workout? Yay or nay?
>>
>>38717896

Think of what you'll look like at 30+ years of age with all that drinking.
>>
>>38717961
thanks
>>
I've asked this several times but got no reply

Do oly lifting shoes wear out easily, or are they bad for your knees to walk for extended periods of time? I walk to the gym (about 20 mins) every day and I don't want to destroy my shoes (like I do to my other shoes due to pronation), so I'm asking if I should change shoes at the gym or there is no problem?

Also, is deadlifting good with oly shoes or better use flat shoes?
>>
>>38717986
I'm 30 already and a 2/10 in terms of facial aesthetics, it can't really get much worse. I've already paid the toll for being a degenerate for 15 years.
>>
>>38718003
They aren't walking shoes, definitely change in to them at the gym. And I would dead in flat bottom shoes, but I doubt the extra inch would hurt you if you didn't want to constantly be changing shoes depending on how your split is.
>>
>>38718025
I usually do lower weight RDL after squats, so I guess there's no problem, thanks bro.
>>
>>38718008
go to AA
alcoholism is a common proplem, thats why these groups exist
you're not perfect, you need this
>>
I'm currently doing boxing training 3-4 days a week and want to add 2 days of lifting, would it be best to do a push/pull routine or two full body days?
>>
>>38718170
definitively full body.
look at the routines from the sticky and make your own two day routine based on them
also consider, for boxers bench is more important than The Press. and don't forget rows
>>
>>38717985

Don't just chug straight sugar, there's no point in that. Eating a relatively quickly digesting carb like a banana or some skim milk is good. Honestly the skim milk is probably best because you get post workout carbs and protein without the fat and it's very cheap. Don't go whole milk for post workout because the fat slows digestion, which is not what you want when your muscles need nutrients the most. Keep in mind these meal timing effects are minor ( Like ~5% extra gains if you do everything by the book).
>>
Should back angle be as horizontal/180 as possible during stronglift style rows? Where should I bring the bar to on my chest?
>>
>>38718319

Ideally yes, although having your back angle a little higher is fine if it makes you more comfortable. The bar should be coming to approximately the top of your stomach where your ribcage begins. This is farther down your torso than a bench press. Just do what is comfortable while lifting the weight by imagining your elbows are being pulled up and back by strings. Avoid excessive bicep flexion (there will be a little bit of course). Your arms will make roughly a 90 degree angle at the top.
>>
>>38716281
Weigh every morning.

Plot a 5 point moving average.
>>
>>38717898
Got kicked out of his gym for abusing drugs and is now a tweaker or something
>>
How come i have so many random erections when im sleepy
>>
What ratios should my chest/back have?

I row 87.5kg for sets of 5/6 and just got to 75kg bench (sets of 4 reps)
>>
>>38718784
It doesn't really matter when you're a beginner.
>>
What the FUCK do I do about lingering lower back pain?

Is the only course of action to just take a couple months off of squats and diddlies?
>>
>>38719062
Well I've done that and it hasn't really helped.
>>
>>38719062
Take some ibuprofen and squat and deadlift through it at a lower weight.
>>
How bad is this

Push
Flat Bench 5X5
OHP 5X5
Squat 5X5
Lat Raise 3X8
(occasionally thrown in fly)

Pull
Deadlift 1X5 or Bent row 5X5
Pull ups 3X5
Seated Row 3X8
Hammer Curl 3X10

ABxABxx

please tell me if its shit and what I should change.//
>>
Iam about 298 pounds right now.started dieting and some cardio about 6 weeks ago and lost about 12 pounds. Ive been eating between 1200-1300 with the occasional 1400 calories per day.
Is that good or should i reduce my calories more?
>>
>>38719131
More accessories

>>38719151
losing 2lbs a week is good. Keep it up.
>>
File: 1473921563976.jpg (36KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1473921563976.jpg
36KB, 400x400px
I dont wanna do the meme brosplit anymore, pls fit help me out. What program should i try?
>>
>>38719227
SS, then Texas Method
>>
So Creatine probably increases the rate of Male Pattern Baldness. Question is: Is the rate significant at all, or is it sort of a non-issue in terms of increase in DHT? Sometimes these things are overreported or sensationalized just abit, which is why I ask.
>>
>>38719173
Thanks family
>>
>>38719243
>SS
>>
After I do high bar back squats, my left leg and glute feels like it gets worked much harder than the right in that I feel much more muscle soreness the next day on the left side. It has been like this since I started squatting for months now. I've been squatting twice a week.

Is my left side just really weak or am I somehow using the left more than the right? It has been like this for almost a year now. I think Rippetoe says imbalances work themselves out but I'm starting to question it. What do I do?
>>
>>38716003

> when I do keto, I don't eat things like bacon or cheese. I eat full eggs, steak, pork,

Was one of those supposed to be good?
>>
>>38719454
squat in front of a mirror or ask someone if you shift to one side. if you do, the leg on the side you shift to is longer. take x little pieces of paper and put them in the shoe from the shorter leg, if possible under the insoles. now if you're shifting to the other side now, you used to much paper.

if you don't have visible asymmetric problems at all, don't worry
>>
>>38715876
I've been squatting for about a month and a half in the 400's without a belt since I lost mine and I keep forgetting to order one.
The best thing to do regardless of the usage of a belt is to learn how to brace properly. There are numerous good cues from elite powerlifters on yt, go check it out.
>>
>>38719567
yeah i've recorded myself squat before i can critique your form my squat looked fine to say the least and never had any leg length issues. it has been so long like this tho surely the imbalance would have corrected itself by now..
>>
Anyone here done a PSMF? What supplements are absolutely necessary? I have fish oil, but dont really want to spend more money on electrolytes, multivitamins, etc.
>>
Are leg press and leg extension going to help me squat more wait? I'm trying to get to 2 pl8 squat or so.
>>
>>38719805
I googled PSMF and had to cringe hard
>>
>>38719867
It's one of the few diets that has some decent studies behind it
>>
What do you do for calf doms? I cant walk today, trained them 2 days ago
>>
>>38720184
painkillers, but since you can't walk that is out of the question.

what. the. fuck. anon. you want to tell us how hard you hit calfs the other day and how much of a badass you are? whats wrong with you? dou you even lift? you fucking attention seeking cuck
>>
>>38720140
'if it's too good to be true, it probably is' - the sticky

if you want to make it, only hard work will do
>>
>>38720317
Ive been lifting for about a year and I cant even remember the last time I had DOMS. I did squats, front squats then went on to this 60 degree calf machine, your legs are straight instead of bent like a seated raise. I did a few sets of those and then some seated raises and continued my workout. They were sore yesterday but I was walking around.
>>
>>38720375
I can sort of walk, I stand sumo width and bent over 45 degrees with my hands on top of my knees. Then I go one leg at a time and hold onto a chair or the wall if Im gonna fall over
>>
>>38720405
I call bullshit. video or didn't happen
if it's really so bad you pulled or teared your calfs, not just doms
>>
>>38719062
Form check dude:

Is your lower back hyperextending?
Are your abs getting loose at the bottom of your squat?
Are you gripping the bar tight and keeping upper back squeezed tight?
Are you ankles too tight, making you lean forward?

Get someone to look at you, I had lingering lower back pain for a long time until I finally realized what I thought was a stable lower back was actually overextension. After some retraining and learning to hinge my hips properly, I can squat painfree.
>>
File: Sanae.png (501KB, 630x657px) Image search: [Google]
Sanae.png
501KB, 630x657px
How does one bulk on a budget??

I only have $50 to spend a week and I have to consume 2,600 calories a day!
>>
>>38720722
50 mcdoubles
>>
>>38720722
>50 a week

GOMAD, 1 steak a day + random shit like oats.
>>
>>38715834
Is stretching on rest days ok?

My good friend stretches the muscle after each set to ensure it gets destroyed more thoroughly. Does that make sense?
>>
File: 1470800781706.jpg (44KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1470800781706.jpg
44KB, 1024x576px
>>38720738
>>38720760
B-but wouldn't I only gain fat from these? Isn't there some healthy alternitive?

How much do you guys usually spend while bulking?
>>
>>38720865
No you fucking wont

There's people that bulk on nothing but fast food. Get enough protein and carbs inside of you (steak + gomad) and you'll do good. Milk and steak isn't even fatty as long as you don't deep fry it.
>>
>>38720722
oats, eggs, rice, cheap meat to damn easy.
>>
>>38715834
Marginal difference
>>
>>38720865
bout 200-250€ monthly
>>
What's better for curls, DBs or the EZ bar?
I feel like DBs work my biceps more, but I don't know
>>
Does it matter when you drink your protein shakes? I drink two a day, one in the morning and one at night a little before my workout. I just realised I might be cheating myself out of some energy for the workouts, should I change when I drink them?
>>
>>38717871
Start low and work your way up, thats why its called linear progression
>>
Anybody have good, extremely low fat meals I can use for cutting?
>>
How bad is this

Push
Flat Bench 5X5
OHP 5X5
Squat 5X5
Lat Raise 3X8
(occasionally thrown in fly)

Pull
Deadlift 1X5 or Bent row 5X5
Pull ups 3X5
Seated Row 3X8
Hammer Curl 3X10

ABxABxx

please tell me if its shit and what I should change.//
>>
Today in the morning I was weighting 58 kg
Then I weighted myself after lunch (and a big shit, I didn't get to do that in the morning) and I was weighting 61.

Which one should I trust? It might be that i'm sick today that makes me retain more water?
>>
>>38721019
Yeah I read that. The stuff about you add 2kg after every session, and the stalling, and the 0.9 of your last weight, exc.

I just wondered whether there was a set minimal number, my arms are long and thin like fucking children, i don't know whether they can pull or not.
>>
>>38717871
Will take a little trial and error. The first two weeks you should spend figuring out where you're at and practicing the movements with little weight. Don't push it or you're just gonna be sore as fuck and that doesn't help anything.

So I'd say just start with the bar for bench and overhead press and cleans. Maybe add 20-30 lbs for squat and deadlifts if it's too easy. And just go from there.
>>
I work out 5 days a week, take a mass-gainer and eat 5-6 times a day on top of that; usually with eggs for breakfast, tuna for lunch, chicken for dinner among other things. In the last month, my weight has not gone up a single lb, nor has it gone down.

What do? I feel like my strength is going up (my squat has moved up significantly over the last 2 months), but I'm not noticing any mass gains.
>>
Just got amazon prime whats the best protein powder/creatine/supplements or vitamins i can get on there?
>>
>>38721063
Just start with the barbell, if you can't lift that then do dumbbells until you can. If the barbell is easy, throw some 5s on it for your nect set. Still easy? Throw on some 10s etc
>>
>>38719305
I have two step brothers. One works out and takes creatine and is now bald at 28. Like bald as fuck. His 30 year old brother works out but doesn't take creatine and is barely thinning.

I'm not touching the stuff, my mom's dad was bald at a young age. I'm 30 now and so far so good.
>>
>>38721119
Whatever is cheapest
>>
File: 18k1sq4hgm9xfjpg.jpg (40KB, 300x292px) Image search: [Google]
18k1sq4hgm9xfjpg.jpg
40KB, 300x292px
>>38720722
>>38720865
>bulking on 2600 cals
>>
How many calories should I be eating? Every calculator tells me something different (1900-3200 cals), what calc do you guys use?

I'm 6'3", male, 30 yrs, 192 lbs and I want to put on muscle
>>
>>38721202
Stats?
>>
File: 1473714979391.jpg (64KB, 640x425px) Image search: [Google]
1473714979391.jpg
64KB, 640x425px
>>38721061
please?
>>
>>38720801
>Is stretching on rest days ok?
I think so. I hear goi g crazy with stretching is counterproductive if you're really into strength training but moderate/ light stretching shouldn't be a problem.
>My good friend stretches the muscle after each set to ensure it gets destroyed more thoroughly. Does that make sense? If it sounds retarded, it is retarded
>>
File: 1471191276441.gif (221KB, 561x560px) Image search: [Google]
1471191276441.gif
221KB, 561x560px
>>38721175
I only weigh 130 pounds
>>
>>38721061
>>38721217
trust neither. your weight will always fluctuate day to day.

its probably best to just weigh yourself once a week and in the morning
>>
>>38721106
Work out 4 days a week instead. Beyond that is really unnecessary and counterproductive.
Eat more. 5 meals a day doesn't necessarily mean plenty of calories.
>>
File: 1367533886738.jpg (138KB, 717x525px) Image search: [Google]
1367533886738.jpg
138KB, 717x525px
>>38721104
>start with the bar

Like nothing is attached?Jesus Christ, that is pathetic as fuck.

Still thanks m8, if I dare, a cringefest is waiting for me I guess.

>>38721147
>nect set
What is that?
>10s
That is against ruuruus. Wikishit says 3x5.

On that topic, I have done Air Alert 2 when I was in highschool. In that, you don't get to rest more than a minute between sets/reps, if i remember correctly. So how long do I rest between reps?
>>
>>38721288
>cringefest

no one will look at your or give a shit. you're of absolutely no importance to anyone in the gym.

everyone is way too focused on what they are doing. You knowwhat will get you noticed and judged? When you try to use too much weight and fail and need help.
>>
>>38721288
>10s
>That is against ruuruus. Wikishit says 3x5.

what? hes saying throw on 10 pound weights if the bar isnt enough. 2-3 minute rest period
>>
File: 1354872127298.png (20KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
1354872127298.png
20KB, 750x600px
>>38721295
I have absolutely never entered the uni gym before, and I'm pretty sure the gossips about the guys there became topic for at least couple of times, again within the acquaintance circle that has no relation to the gym or whatsoever.

Worry not, I have no confidence problem, I don't give a shit about what a random faggot has to say.

>>38721326
Ooh sorry. I thought he meant 10 reps.
>if the bar isnt enough
If it is a joke of a weight for me, right?

Thank you /fit/izens.
>>
>>38721250
If you're a grill don't bulk. If you a dude then eat 3500 cals and GOMAD until you are 200lbs
>>
>>38716174
Fit is retarded, soy is fine. The phytoestrogens in soy don't even act on the same receptors as normal estrogen, and there's no data to imply that the stimulation of these other receptors mimics the effects of normal estrogen. So enjoy tofu, it's cheap protein with low fat.
>>
Hello, I just started going to the gym this week, and feel like I've just been floundering about until I have to leave for my classes. Could anyone recommend a good routine for a beginner?
Here's what I've been going with:
10 bicep curls
10 concentration curls
10 tricep curls
10 tricep kickbacks
10 chest presses
10 shoulder presses
20 sit ups
10 push ups
and usually a 5 minute run followed by a 5 minute walk on the treadmill.

Still trying to figure out things to do for legs because I don't have access to a full gym, only what my college has.
>>
>>38721250
Stick to around a 500 cal surplus, best way to gain muscle without too much fat IMO
>>
>>38721525
SS + GOMAD
>>
>>38721585
Thank you, I will check this out
>>
so for example
if i weigh 80 kg and can do a one-legged squat
can that be said to be equivalent to a 80 kg (+80 bodyweight) squat? (disregarding the fact that one-legged needs a fuckload more stabilizers)
>>
>>38717966
Cry me a river, faggot. :( Would you prefer calling it simply low carb?

The results didn't lie, I was in great shape back then. Believe what you want.
>>
Anybody here get gyno surgery? I found a surgeon near me who wants 5500, but that seems really fucking steep.
>>
>>38715834
is this girl on gear?
>>
>>38723041
actually scratch that 8150 after all fees
>>
>>38723049
Probably just quad and glute genetics + high BF
She doesn't looks roided in her other pics
>>
is it fine if I go out and have 1 beer?
I usually swim then lift after dinner, but is it fine to have 1 beer during dinner?

Should I really be this scared of beer?
>>
>>38717966
God you are retarded.
>>
>>38720760
>$50 per week
>1 steak a day

Nigga, that's $35 min right there and that's assuming that you can always find steak at 25-50% off.
>>
>>38721807
i could do 12 pistol squats without even being able to squat 2pl8x5, this was at like 75kg bw

pistol squats have nothing to do with str, it's balance/ stabilizers
>>
File: 61DUEUZTYLL._SL1500_.jpg (64KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
61DUEUZTYLL._SL1500_.jpg
64KB, 1500x1500px
pullups/chinups every day y/n?
>>
>>38723404
i want to do this, but i also do weighted pullups as part of my routine

not sure if i should skip my everyday bw ones on the day before, or maybe the day after my weighted ones
>>
>>38723425
Do you use a dip belt for your pullups or is there some other contraption I can make in my house bar stuffing weights in my pockets
>>
>>38723578
when i used to workout at home i held a dumbell between my legs, wasn't great

i use a belt at the gym which you can easily attack plates to
>>
Should I be doing shoulder raises on push day or pull day?

Also, is there a significant difference in raising directly in front of you as opposed to straight out from your sides? I've been doing both.
>>
>>38719131
Push: Not to bad, might wanna add some light tricep extentions.

Pull: Only keep the Hammer curls if you ad tri ext otherwise you'll get imbalances. Also, that pullup 3x5 should be pullup 3xfail unless you're adding weight every week. Once you get into it, 3x5 pullup is a warmup not a workout.
>>
>>38723578
>>38723617
buy a chain and a clip

might be a little painful if you do pullups naked
>>
>>38721525
for a beginner, more compund extersizes and less isolation, otherwise you wont have a very strong foundation to work with in a decade or two
>>
>>38719305
i took it all this year and realized i was suddenly thinning out.
my dad didn't even bald this early
>>
I'm currently a fatso. I already lost 25kg and 15 more to be at my ideal weight. I started lifting 6 months ago.
What will happen to my loose skin if I start roiding after I achieve my ideal weight?
>>
what's the healthiest rep range ignoring strength or gains? e.g. rep range that helps the body the most? I'm guessing 8-12?
>>
>>38720722

>Only $50 a week

I fucking hate people like you. "On a budget" is when you have like $20 a week and meat is a luxury. You can literally buy whatever you want in the store if you have $50 to feed just yourself for seven days.
>>
File: 550.jpg (28KB, 280x342px) Image search: [Google]
550.jpg
28KB, 280x342px
I'm skelly mode (181 cm, 63 kg / 5'11", 138.8 lb) and I want to gain weight, obviously. I want to start lifting so I can gain weight, but every time I try going to the gym -I'm not kidding- I end up feeling dizzy and feeling like passing out, even vomitiing sometimes. As soon as I puke, I feel well again. I'm confused as to what causes this. Am I straining myself too much? Should I start at a slower pace? I certainly didn't even do much today and I still puked. I considered I maybe needed to breathe faster, that didn't do much. I thought maybe I was getting dehydrated, but today I drank a liter of water like an hour before going to the gym, and still. I ate breakfast like 2 hours before, too.

Just what is it that I feel like passing out or throwing up every time I go to the gym? As soon as I puke, I'm fine.

Also, any tips for gaining weight are welcome.
>>
>>38724254
What do you eat exactly?
>>
>>38724254
it sounds like you're going to the gym waaaaaaay too soon after eating. You know you're supposed to wait 1-3 hours after your last meal before working out, right?

If I go to the gym even a little less than 2 hours after some eggs, I get nauseous.
>>
>>38724254

In case it actually is dehydration: Drink water all day, stop an hour before bed, chug a liter in the morning and repeat. Your pee should always be clear except maybe when you first wake up.

Eat an hour or so before lifting, but make it simple carbs. A banana or an orange is good. You don't want to go to the gym hungry but if you are a skelly your stomach probably can't handle much and eating might be making you nauseous because lifting takes all the blood away from your internal organs.

To gain weight, homemade shakes are great. Milk, oats, peanut butter, and banana is a great meal replacement shake.
>>
>>38724336
The average day or for breakfast today? A good day for me is

Breakfast: Fried egg with corn chips, cheese, and tomato+chipotle sauce

Lunch (main meal): Chicken with rice or potatoes or veggies.

Supper: Quesadillas (wheat flour tortillas and cheese) and hot dogs (just the sausage).

Sometimes I get lazy for breakfast or supper and change it for cereal and banana, or greek yoghurt with honey and granola.

>>38724348
I ate breakfast at around 8:15 am and went to the gym at 10:45. My breakfast comprised a sandwich (two slices of whole grain bread, a slice of ham, mayo, mustard, a bit of chipotle, and a slice of Singles american cheese), a cup of whole milk, and I think a pack of Nature Valley granola bars.

>>38724357
I've been drinking at least 2.5L of water a day religiously for like two weeks. Today, I did drink a liter of water between 9:00 am and 10:00 am, and went to the gym at 10:45 am. I don't think my breakfast was too heavy. Like I said, I ate a sandwich, a cup of milk, and a couple granola bars for breakfast, and by the time I went to the gym I didn't feel them in my belly either (nor did they show up in my puke).

I used to make those shakes before but peanut butter is reaaaaaally bad for my acne. I might have to do it again, though, since I want to gain weight. Can I throw raw egg in there too or is that bad for my health?
>>
>>38724469
>Breakfast: Fried egg with corn chips, cheese, and tomato+chipotle sauce
>Lunch (main meal): Chicken with rice or potatoes or veggies.
>Supper: Quesadillas (wheat flour tortillas and cheese) and hot dogs (just the sausage).
>Sometimes I get lazy for breakfast or supper and change it for cereal and banana, or greek yoghurt with honey and granola.

I forgot to say milk for breakfast and supper too. Although I can only eat that kind of breakfast when I have time, which is 3 days a week only. Most of the time, I eat a sandwich, or even just greek yoghurt with honey and granola if I'm in a rush.
>>
>>38724469
I don't really know what's wrong with you. Sounds okay. Go to doctor.
>>
>>38724469

Try giving the carb-only breakfast a shot. You might still see a difference. Can't hurt to try.

Don't worry about the peanut butter. I usually advise it because it's calorie dense and tasty but it's not necessary by any stretch. Is it all nuts that give you bad acne?
>>
>>38724469
>can I throw raw egg in there, or is it bad for my health?
Just buy pasteurized eggs, then you definitely wont get sick.
>>
>>38724512
I'll go see the campus doctor when possible. Thanks for the advice.

>>38724519
I'll try the carb-only breakfast, thanks.
I'm not sure if it's all nuts that give me bad acne, but I think peanut butter does. I used to eat a lot of almonds and I don't remember them doing much. Maybe it's just peanuts. I think chocolate does it too. I might still try putting peanut butter in the shakes since it's easy calories, and hopefully my face will be fine.

>>38724529
Thanks, I'll see if I find some (maybe I always buy them without noticing, are they common? I never check) next time I go buy eggs.
>>
is it possible to gain muscle and lower your body fat percentage at the same time?
How do I do it?
>>
I can't bench or ohp for shit

I've been lifting for about 5 weeks and in that time my squat and deadlift went up 50-60 pounds 5x5 and 1x5 respectively without much trouble whereas my bench and ohp increased 20 and 10 (srs) pounds respectively, and I struggle to get 5x5 and sometimes settle for 3 or 4 sets for those

what am I doing wrong? Any tips?
>>
How long does it take fruit smoothies and protein shakes to "digest" or whatever it's called where it's in my system so I can't puke it up? I have an issue with purging meals that I will need to get a handle on eventually but that is besides the point.
>>
>>38724832

>get a handle on eventually

I think you need to take your eating disorder a little more seriously.
>>
>>38720336
>>38720140
>>38719867
>>38719805
PSMF is my favorite cutting diet. It was fucking amazing.

To answer the supplements question, fish oil, multi, and salt
>>
I don't have enough grip strength to keep progressing on deadlift. If I move down to deadlifting once a week and use my CoC grippers frequently except the day before deadlift day, will I be able to improve again, or is that the wrong kind of grip?
>>
File: Delete this album 153.jpg (1018KB, 1378x1634px) Image search: [Google]
Delete this album 153.jpg
1018KB, 1378x1634px
/fit/

I'm moving to San Francisco in two weeks. 33 hours driving from where I currently live, which is: 3 miles from a town of 200 people.

I will be working at the best opportunity my career has ever presented me; but I'll be so broke and poor that I'll probably be living in the back of my truck in the employee parking lot for 5-6 weeks. And at that rate, I may still be losing money.

I am 6'1 and 238lbs and I want to make a change, so tonight I'm going to go walk around outdoors. I figure walking is at least better than sitting.

Does anyone have other ideas? I've considered that running and pushups/calisthenics might also help, but I can't even do one pullup. Also I won't have any place to shower if I get all sweaty and I'm gonna be living in the back of my SUV, so...

Advice? Thanks in advance.
>>
I'm eating red meat everyday and I'm wondering if it could be bad long term. I'm making great gains and feeling good but I've read it could be bad
>>
>>38724881
Yup, but I'm not underweight, just enjoy eating too much bad shit that the family needlessly buys. When I move out I am only going to buy sensible foods, really keep that wallet fat.
>>
>>38724973

Consider getting a cheap gym membership. I understand you'll be broke but having a place you can shower is kinda important for your job.

>>38724980
It's not the worst thing in the world, but you should cut back. At the very least, avoid salted or cured meats and stick to fresh beef.
>>
>>38725035
I only eat fresh ground meat. It's hard to meet my calorie goal with leaner meats like chicken of fish
>>
File: bleach.gif (156KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
bleach.gif
156KB, 500x282px
>>38721288
>Like nothing is attached?Jesus Christ, that is pathetic as fuck.
if you think that's pathetic, you best check this shit senpai.
My question is how can I do bench presses without shaking like a bitch? Did 3 months of machine exercises because I'm a fucking idiot and turns out stabilizers aren't a meme. Decided to start easy at 0.5 pl8s and was shaky as hell. Didn't feel that heavy, but I just couldn't keep the bar stable. de-loaded to 10lbs and finally just the bar. Could not do 5 reps with good form to save my life, bar would sway back and forth in the air and rise unevenly. Should I just kill myself now?
>>
How do I take Casein and ZMA together at night since casein has calcium in it?
>>
File: 1463442076328.png (78KB, 592x381px) Image search: [Google]
1463442076328.png
78KB, 592x381px
So I have a Soloflex

Is this rubberband machine a meme or what?

I just want to do SS
>>
I just started StrongLifts and I'm liking it, but I want to do some cardio too. I was thinking couch to 5k.

Sticky says not to do lifting and cardio on the same day, but StrongLifts says not to cardio on rest days. Which do you think, /fit/?

Also I'm using MyFitnessPal to track calories and suddenly my calorie goal has dropped from about 1900kcal to 1300kcal. Most estimates I've seen put my maintenance at between 2900-3600. Is 1300kcal a day gonna wreck me? Can I still get stronger by eating lots of protein?
>>
File: 1454389295978.webm (2MB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1454389295978.webm
2MB, 640x640px
Could I literally just cut by no longer drinking a protein shake?
>>
>>38725106

Shakiness goes away over time. I actually smiled reading that because it made me remember when I first starting lifting and my DB bench was all over the place. If you are afraid you're gonna shake so hard you drop the weight then just lower the weight and do high reps. Even doing 20-30 reps per set is fine. Right now you need to train your nervous system to talk to your muscles properly. Don't worry about hypertrophy.
>>
>>38725035

I've been researching this. The gyms near the airport are:

> A gym for kids (literally)
> 4-5 martial arts places, no showers or substantial equipment
> A Crossfit franchise
> A UFC gym that costs nearly 5x my anticipated budget (I called them, as they seem to be the only option)
>>
>>38725156

Fug. No planet fitness?
>>
>>38723157
No, you need at least 3.
>>
>>38725148
If it's enough calories sure but if you aren't hitting your protein needs then don't
>>
File: youtoo.jpg (97KB, 808x521px) Image search: [Google]
youtoo.jpg
97KB, 808x521px
>>38725149
so I'm still gonna make it? Thanks a lot for the response man, was feeling pretty discouraged.
>>
>>38723647
front works anterior delts, side works "middle" delts, and reverse flys work posterior delts. do the front and side on push. and reverse flys on pull.
>>
>>38725168

Nope - the nearest one is about 45min drive with no traffic.
>>
File: Phrak Greyskull LP.png (167KB, 542x461px) Image search: [Google]
Phrak Greyskull LP.png
167KB, 542x461px
doing Phrak's Greyskull LP

got two questions, best way to warm up for these exercises? feels like i don't do enough warm-up sometimes

second question: i'm still too fat to do chin-up sets, been doing negatives for now, but is there anything i should/could replace with until i get lower bodyfat%?
>>
>>38724973
eat less>>38725234
sponge bath
>>
I gained a shitload of weight in the past 7 or so years. I'm trying to lose it. I've only lost about 8 pounds, but my waist is noticeably smaller, and so is my neck. I seem to be gaining muscle, which is something I couldn't do for the life of me as a teenager. I don't really care either way about having muscle (I don't care about looks, I just don't want to die of fatassery at 40) but I'd like to actually weigh less, because I way 340 fucking pounds (I'm 6'5", so it's not like I'm too fat to move, or something, but it's definitely time to lose weight). So, my question is, what can I do to dump fat without breaking even in muscle gain? So far, my exercise has been biking.
>>
How the hell can i stand my weight-loss diet? I don't mind the hunger, but the head ache that comes with it is killing me. I've taken painkillers but they don't seem to work. What do? There's 25 more kg's to go.
>>
>>38725539
Sounds like you get migraines from low blood sugar. It's a pretty common thing.
>>
>>38725591
Well, what can i do about it?
>>
Should i do close grip bench as an accessory on my bench press days or OHP days? Currently running Phraks Greyskull LP
>>
File: 1290466723418.jpg (7KB, 251x216px) Image search: [Google]
1290466723418.jpg
7KB, 251x216px
How accurate is symmetric strength?

Either a lot of people online (youtube and IG) are lying about their weight in their video descriptions, or I'm backwards. I see a lot of people at my weight doing reps (albeit low reps) of my squat ORM with what appears to be at least decent form, and it makes me feel really weak. Symmetric strength rates my squat as "advanced" whereas it rates my bench as "proficient" only. But then I almost always bench 5+% more than the people who squat way better than me.
>>
>>38725855
I'm not exactly sure. The short answer is, get more sugar. On the other hand, if your doctor has told you that you need to be on this diet, that might be a dumb answer. I use fruit juice or gatoraid or something similar, but that might throw off the balance of your diet. On the other hand, if this diet isn't something that a doctor has prescribed for you, you should probably modify it so that you lose weight more slowly, but don't trigger migraines.

Or, it might not be migraines at all. Do you get any symptoms besides just pain in your head? Like nausea, loss of vision, seeing colored lights, sensitivity to sound and light, or something like that? Or, is it more just sort of some nausea, and a headache, and it goes away if you drink lots of fluids?
>>
>>38724996
oh man, you should try to start fixing it while you still live at home and can at least ask for support from people that live with you. Trust me, it doesn't go away when you leave home, it gets much much worse (may turn into other eating disorders, etc... which if anorexia or orthorexia sounds preferable to you please please get help you are thinking just like a bulimic).
>>
Is there a Texas method that is 4 days instead of 3?
>>
Is doing the same workout everyday really that bad? I'm a couple months into lifting and do the same routine every day
>>
>>38724973
I'm sure there is an "adult playground" at Golden Gate park where you can do any bodyweight workouts you could think of. They probably have an outdoor shower at the beach there as well. I know China Beach has showers sun up to sun down.

Also, hill sprints. It's San Fran for fucks sake.
>>
>>38718319
http://stronglifts.com/barbell-row/
>>
>>38719462
Hi mom.
>>
>>38726110
No, just headache that goe away after i eat. It's the usual calorie-counting diet. Any tips on what to eat to make it go away and not fuck up my 1500's?
>>
>>38726154
Move deadlifts to their own day, add in some lat+arm accessories.
>>
>>38724757
read the sticky, esp links in second post
>>
I do a full body routine 3 times a week and do cardio and abs on off days.

My cardio is cycling and rollerblading. Which is a blast. So I go at it for at least an hour, often more.

Should I drop my frequency of squats and deadlifts? Wait a month or two and re-evaluate?

Measurements at this time are 33, 25, 37.5. My ass is just packin' but my tit titties are lackin'. Are my ass and thighs destined to gargantua if I don't stop the lifts?
>>
>>38724781
You eating enough? Try microplates and increase 2.5 lbs.
>>
File: PrettyScale-20160915014509.jpg (41KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
PrettyScale-20160915014509.jpg
41KB, 640x480px
>>38726426
>full body routine
>>
If I can do 3 x 5 one arm chin-ups (per arm), should I switch to weighted pulls/chins?
>>
>>38725412
read the sticky
>>
>>38716174

i eat tofu regularly.

when i got my bloodwork done before hopping on test, my E2 levels were completely normal.
>>
Are you supposed to eat over your TDEE on rest days when bulking?
>>
File: pull-up-form.jpg (31KB, 409x245px) Image search: [Google]
pull-up-form.jpg
31KB, 409x245px
Whenever I do chin-ups I hold my body at the top of the movement for a second before going down. Lately I've been experiencing pain in the circled area but only when holding at the top. What the hell is wrong with me bros?
>>
>>38726496
Yes. The whole point of bulking is to have a steady nutrient surplus so that your body has the ideal conditions for building muscle.
>>
>>38726426

In case this is for real, DO NOT STOP SQUATTING AND DEADLIFTING.
>>
>>38726496
Yes. It was helpful to me to think of my caloric goal more as a weekly number.
>>
>>38718003

if you buy expensive oly shoes like adipowers or romaleos, they will be too uncomfortable to walk 20 mins to the gym. but they're also built to last, so they won't wear out that easily.

deadlifting with oly shoes is better than doing them in running shoes. compared to flat shoes they make deadlifting a bit harder, but it shouldn't be that big of a deal. i just take off my shoes when i deadlift.
>>
>>38724973

i used to live in the area. couldn't afford to live in SF itself, so i lived further south in the peninsula. i really miss the bay area. hope you have fun.
>>
Why does SS and SL split up the lifts can I just do it all on the same day?
>>
I can't poop.
Even coffee isn't getting my system going at this point because I consume so much caffeine on a daily basis. Only time I've pooped in the last few days was when I broke my cut to eat a bunch of shitty mac and cheese and shit liquid.
What's the highest fiber food I can eat? I haven't been able to weigh myself accurately in about two weeks due to a full butt.
>>
how many protein per kilogram?
>>
>>38725156

what's with these fucking UFC gyms? one just opened up near where i live. and it's literally 5 minutes away from a MMA gym that's been there for a few years. i swear to god there are more MMA gyms around where i live than everything else combined.

add to that DYEL kids shadow boxing / kicking in between sets at my normal weightlifting gym. fucking fuck.
>>
>>38726697
Forgot one last thing. Is it true taking laxatives makes it harder to go without them? Is that a bad idea? I just want to shit, man. My stomach sounds like it's trying to churn cement.
>>
>>38726726
>>
>>38726673
Sure if you lift as much as a baby.
>Doing deadlifts the same day as squats
You'll understand once you're doing more than the bar.
>>
>>38726758

Uh m8...SS has squats on the same day as deadlifts every other day.
>>
>>38726726
1g per lb (aka 2.2g per kg) isn't really true, and even if it was you'd only need that if you were one of heavyweight guys who are into comps and shit.

Most people don't see any difference doing 0.8g per pound (or 1.7g per kg)
>>
File: tiffany-trump-eating-pizza.jpg (39KB, 437x512px) Image search: [Google]
tiffany-trump-eating-pizza.jpg
39KB, 437x512px
>>38715834

>on elliptical
>input weight/age
>go ham for 20 minutes
>says i burned 300 calories
>not even really that tired

>on treadmill
>input weight/age
>jog continuously for 15 minutes
>says i burned 150 calories
>tired as a fucking dog and dripping in sweat

so are the calorie counter things on machine just complete bullshit or is the elliptical really just way more efficient at burning calories than a treadmill?
>>
How do I warmup, just do a bunch of jumping jacks and push ups?
>>
>>38715876
Depends on how good you are at bracing and how strong your abs are
>>
>>38726838
>so are the calorie counter things on machine just complete bullshit
DING DING DING DING DING

calories are all about how hard your body is working. jogging for 10 minutes straight for most people doesn't burn more than 120 calories.
>>
>>38719462
I swear, you like my mom eating wheat thins and slathering margarine on everything.
>>
>>38726838
I would take the calorie readings with an enormous grain of salt
>>
>>38726824
it's 1g per lb of body mass or total weight?
>>
>>38726839

I foam roll my entire body before any workout (I actually use PVC but whatever works best for you). After that, which takes about 5 min, I'll do dynamic stretching specific to the exercise I'm going to do next. So if I'm benching first, I'll do arm circles and those sorts of movements. Then you warm up with the bar and progress in weight from there. I find that by the time I've done all of this, I've gotten my heart rate and my body temp up significantly. Not to the point of being out of breath, but just slightly elevated breathing.
>>
>>38715962
It's useful because once you get used to it, and you stick with it, all cravings go away. No spikes or sups in energy, it's almost crazy how constant your energy is.

At first your workout volume will take a hit, but you'll recover as your mitochondria and stuff compensate.

If you're really worried about losing strength, look into TKD.
>>
>>38726905
1g/lb of lean mass or 0.8g of total weight.
>>
does smoking weed cause gyno or is that a meme?
>>
>>38726940
obviously it doesnt.
>>
>>38726839
warm up with 3 reps of 30%, 60%, and 90% of your previous best.
>>
>>38726466
Ask this question when you are not bullshitting.
>>
Dad broke my leg so I can't squat.

Should I still do other lifts?
>>
I started the gym last week at a lean fat body. I'm just wondering how long will it take to see a noticeable physique? My program is Stronglifts 5x5 and my height is 6'2" if that matters.

FYI I am planning to implement lifting into my life, not it's not a quick fix thing, merely looking for information that I'd appreciate.
>>
Is 1/2/3/4 a meme?
>>
If I eat enough protein does it matter how much calories I get if im eating at a deficit?
>>
>>38727012
It takes a while. Noticeable changes probably don't start coming in until 2-3 months after you start, and even those are very small. Big changes won't be noticeable until months, if not over a year after your start.
>>
>>38727032
Yes.
>>
>>38727045
Why? Isnt protein what grows and repairs muscle?
>>
Any lankelts having trouble with chest exercises? I find it hard to incorporate my chest in benching and db etc workouts, it's like my primary muscles are the shoulders and triceps. My numbers suffer as a result
>>
File: 1467645356311.png (258KB, 400x524px) Image search: [Google]
1467645356311.png
258KB, 400x524px
>>38727034
Noted, thanks.

What about a month? At the moment I look like the SS meme guy (pic related) only much much more leaner. I'm just wondering if a month would give me an overall healthier body over a "you go to gym" physique.
>>
retarded fatfuck here, im supposed to cut while lifting right?
>>
>>38726398
Huh. Sounds like it might be a blood sugar thing if it goes away when you eat. Well, less fat and more starch might do it for you, just as long as you're careful not to have too much starch. Don't use simple sugars, because you want a long, slow release. If it gets really bad, something sugary might make the headache go away without putting you too far over the calorie count for the day. I'm talking about a little bit of juice, or a few jelly beans. You don't want to be drinking a whole can of pop or something for obvious reasons. I'm not a huge expert on this, I just live with migraines myself.
>>
>>38727084
Yep. But if you aren't getting enough calories it's going to eat both muscle and fat.
>>
>>38727132
I can guarantee aside from numbers you will see almost no difference in a month. Visual differences take a while, they're very slow.
>>
>>38727208
Alright. I'll take your word for it, thanks.
>>
Where can I buy 55 gallon drums of medical or food grade salt?
>>
>>38727215
Just don't get discouraged mang. I've been losing weight for the better part of 6 months now and thanks to a plateau I don't look that much different than when I started. End of the year though? I expect to turn some heads.
>>
>>38727221
have you considered the low-cost alternative of killing yourself with a noose or drinking bleach?

Salt will take forever and preserve the remains for who knows how long.
>>
>>38727247

I honestly need to find about 4600 pounds of salt for an aquarium.

Typical aquarium salt for a volume that size would be too expensive.
>>
>>38726032
Stats?
>>
>>38727296
I'm p sure iodized salt and aquarium salt share a couple differences.

What fucking aquarium are you running? A goddamn swimming pool?

And this isn't a fitness question, shoo shoo, go bother an actual aquarium.
>>
>>38726697
>>38726735
Please help me poop, /fit/.
>>
>>38727340
That's why I need medical/food grade pure NaCl.

I can add the missing K, Iodine and Copper much cheaper (based on using road rock salt prices, but I don't want industrial salt).

The aquarium is 12000 gallons.

To keep it fit related: Would carrying 50 pound bags of salt in each hand be an acceptable alternative to doing farmer walks in my gym?
>>
>>38727409
fuck off m8, take it to /an/
>>
>>38727392
If you haven't shit in more than a few days I would consult a doctor.
>>
Do you ever judge, look, or otherwise pay any sort of attention to beginners at the gym? What do you actually think when a skelly dude enters the gym looking clueless?
>>
>>38727392
Prune juice.
>>
>>38727476
If it's clear he has no idea what he's doing, I might ask him if he needs a spotter or some help, but most of the time I just ignore it.

Everyone's gotta start somewhere.
>>
>>38727303
~46kg bw (between 102 and 103lbs most days)
squat is 95kg/210lbs
bench is 59kg/130lbs
>>
I've had bad posture for my lower back for a while now. I just started lifting today and when I did squats and deadlifts I try to keep my back straight my lower back is still uncomfortable. what do?
>>
>>38727491
Huh. I'm always self-conscious, so I had to ask.
>>
>>38727496
are you a grill? For a guy that is dangerously low unless you are like 5'2"
>>
>>38727476
I do my best to make eye contact with the skelly and give him a nod of approval before he looks at the floor. Maybe one out of three will then introduce themselves.

I will take the time to learn their names, chat with them, learn if they have a routine in mind and, if they ask, give them recommendations on where to start if they don't.

Otherwise, I focus on my business at the gym. Sometimes one will approach me later and I'll do what I can to help them. I really don't mind.

If one does something terrible and I notice, I'll try to politely introduce myself and offer a non-aggressive change/alternative. If they tell me to mind my own business, I just sit back and wait for them to go to Snap City.

In all honesty, if you're working out, most people at the gym are just glad to see others trying to improve. (This goes for fatties, too.)
>>
>>38727476
Let him do his thing, only get involved if his form is bad enough that he's going to get injured.
>>
>>38727555
Most everybody is at the gym to improve themselves. Believe it or not most of the people who are slathered in muscle and strength there started out fat or skinny.

nice trips btw
>>
>>38727563
yes, i am a grill. i'm also 5' 1" so my weight is in the healthy range for my height. i tried measuring my bf% with calipers at home, and i think it was 16% so nothing unhealthy.
>>
>>38727504
Check to see if you have Lordosis (Posterior Pelvic Tilt).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vKDBmI7McM

It's common for desk jockeys to have it.

If you have it, simple exercises will help you get rid of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAuyDtBTkgs
>>
>>38727597
16% on a girl is pretty thin, I'm willing to bet you're more like 18%.

But regardless. are you sure you're counting those lifts right or not mixing up your height conversion? You're squatting twice your body weight and are really short.

According to most standards sites you should be performing in the fucking olympics.
>>
>>38727608
Yes it looks like I do have it. Thanks for your help mate
>>
File: lanky dude.jpg (533KB, 1140x2196px) Image search: [Google]
lanky dude.jpg
533KB, 1140x2196px
About how long will it take me to start looking decent? How long does it take to start seeing results from lifting?
>>
What do you guys think of yoga?
>>
>>38727646
No problem, /fit/izen. Glad to help. I had it too. Expect 3 or 4 months minimum before you see real improvement. A nice bonus is a half to full inch height gain, depending on your severity.

Go easy on the squats and DLs while you correct it. This is a marathon, not a sprint.
>>
>>38715864
This.
Increasing test (within the natural range) won't change muscle building abilities, but it does have a psychological effect that I find quite useful
>>
Do the "legal steroids" (like pic related) actually work or are they just bullshit to prey on people who don't want to go full /fraud/?

I don't want to spend all that money for nothing.
>>
>>38727665
Holy skele batman.

Since you're so thin and bulking (I presume) I would imagine you'd see small differences after the first month. Big visual differences after crossing the extreme point (skelton or obesity) can take months.
>>
>>38722778
>I was in great shape back then
I think this is why people hate keto. It doesn't teach you much other than "carbs are evil XD"
>>
>>38726942
ive heard it does, and my doctor said it "might" has anyone done actual research on the topic?
>>
>>38727678
Understood, thanks for your help. I guess isolation machines won't kill me until I get my back straight
>>
>>38727631
not really sure about the bf%. i thought it was pretty low too, but you can see a 4 pack even when i'm not flexing, so i'm sure i'm not over 20%.

yeah, that's why i am confused. standard sites say that my squat is good (not olympic level but above average), yet i see a bunch of girls in the 47kg/54kg weight class squatting 210lbs for reps on IG. a lot in the 54kg weight class do 250lbs for reps. i just saw a girl who is in the 43kg weight class do 205lbs x 3 without a belt or knee sleeves. i don't use wraps, but i do use sleeves when i lift anywhere close to my max. i just thought that my bench was more impressive than my squat, but according to strength standard sites, it's not? based on my local gym, i see a lot of women squatting what i do or more. i rarely see a woman bench anything close to what i do, and if she is close, she is usually at least 4" taller and much heavier.

and yes, i'm certain i am counting my lifts and weight correctly, and my height really is 5' 1"/155cm.
>>
>>38727708
Well damn, you're way stronger than me.

As for the accuracy of those sites once they get high up there, I couldn't tell you.

keep up the good work.
>>
>>38727665
Start now, read the sticky, go hard and you'll be ready for beach weather 2017. I'm guessing you're 6'2 or taller, yes? You won't be Zyzz, but you'll look better than 95% of the beach.

Don't look in a mirror for anything other than grooming for a month, at least, because you won't see the results. Avoid scales and mirrors.

You'll see a change if you wait to look for it. Focus on chest, traps and legs at first, you have a good starting point for everything else.
>>
>>38727735
thank you for the input and trying to answer my question.

we're all gonna make it.
>>
>>38727736
>Avoid scales and mirrors.

m8, how else is he gonna measure progress?
>>
>>38727706
Don't give up the squats and DLs if you want to do them, just avoid doing 1RM or even 90% (from my personal experience) until you get that PPT under control unless you want nightmare lower back pain. There's nothing wrong with lower weight, higher volume while you fix your back.
>>
>>38727759
Has any DYEL ever noticed progress in their first month, maybe two, of lifting? I sure as fuck didn't.

If you avoid daily/weekly mirror checks for those first few months, when you do check after developing a routine and form, it's a world of difference.
>>
>>38727761
Yeah, I just was worried about going to snap city.
Doing low weights high reps will be fine. I don't want the back pain but I want gains
>>
>>38727779
personally if I was a skele I'd want to make sure I was gaining weight each week, even if there was no visual difference.
>>
>>38727779
At six weeks I actually had an ass where previously I had none. Is it gay to keep looking at your own ass?
>>
>>38727779
I saw a significant change, but you need to eat enough food. rip tries to tell people this all the time, but nobody ever listens. as a skinny beginner you have the potential to grow faster than anyone else. this means they need a greater surplus than everyone else, and this has to come in addition to the extra calories burned through exercise. so you can grow extremely fast as a DYEL, but this only happens if you significantly increase your food intake at the same time.
>>
What's everyone's opinion on yoga?
>>
>>38727974
Not exercise, but good for flexibility.
>But it can be exer-
No. That's some fat chick shit. The only way you're actually doing work during yoga is if you're doing some really intense shit and focusing on specific muscles, in which case you should just lift anyway. Do it as stretches, not as actual physical activity.
>>
>>38728068
Strengthening certain smaller muscles can improve mobility but basically ya

Yoga is a great supplement for weightlifting, but not at all a substitute
>>
Any tips for OHP? I can't seem to get my elbows forward
>>
>>38727687
Yeah, it's pretty straightforward. But, it's not even that I'd say "carbs are evil" but more like "carbs aren't going to help you slim down quickly". Depends more or less what you're after.
>>
>>38727879
Gay? Depends on if you'd fuck your own ass if it was on another man.

Otherwise it's just Brosexual. You checking yourself out.
>>
>12am
>about to go lift

how is bad? my gym is too packed during the day so I've decided to start lifting at night. Any negative effects from this? I usually am up till 4am every night anyways.
>>
>>38728480
as long as you're getting enough sleep I don't see any problem
>>
Couple of questions.

1. Eggs: should should should be worried about eating too many? I usually eat about six per day (two per meal) for easy protein and as a salad or rice garnish. Should I be worried about the Cholesterol boogeyman or am I good as long as I maintain my cut?

2. How do I not have baby bitch biceps? I've been back at the gym for about ass month now and have made decent gains (2pl8 squats finally achieved), but I can't curl for shit for some reason. Even the babby bar at the preacher curl station gives me fits. WHAT DO I DO?
>>
Can someone red pill me on creatine?
>>
File: testosterone levels.png (26KB, 1084x349px) Image search: [Google]
testosterone levels.png
26KB, 1084x349px
What's up with my testosterone levels? These drugs they're giving me don't seem to be helping. Can I trust my doctor?
>>
Everytime I do shoulder press, my right shoulder hurts like a motherfucker. What could cause this?
>>
Does any one have the screen shot of one of the two ass routines for a girl? I think one was done by Caladan, but I think I've seen another one around.
>>
>>38728628
https://examine.com/supplements/creatine/
>>
My bench press has stalled recently and i was looking to bench more than 2 times a week. Could anyone reccomend a routine that would allow me to bench 3 times a week?

Thanks
>>
how do I get a big girl booty?
>>
>>38725148
>ruining femininity one rep at a time
>>
is it normal that my pee pee shrinks during/after the exercise
>>
>>38728882
yeah, reduced bloodflow to the area. It's why when people take DNP or the EC stack it's harder for them to keep an erection, your heart and muscles are using most of the blood flow.
>>
>>38728895
thanks anon
>>
>>38728068
Yea I still lift and all. I heard it's a good way to prevent injuries and can strengthen your core
>>
>>38728566
1. Go easy on the eggs. Cholesterol from eggs is a very real thing. Eating 6/day is definetly too much. To be healthy I would recommend max 1/day or 7/week. None are even beter, but I understand the need for protein.

2. Do chin-ups. As a beginner you're curling too low weight for real progress. Get good at doing chin-ups. If you can do 3x5 with bodyweight, start adding weight. I hold dumbbels between my thighs during my reps. Progress on it every session like every other big lift, you will see good progress once you start doing heavier sets of weighted chin-ups, (+10kg for reps is where I started noticing decent gains)
If you're doing SS, Rip can tell you where to implement them in your program.
>>
>>38728806
Yeah, you turn up and bench 3 times a week.

Do you need your hand held for everything?
>>
>>38729138

There is absolutely no evidence for any causal link between dietary cholesterol intake and serum cholesterol levels. Cholesterol is synthesised in the liver, and the majority of dietary cholesterol is excreted and never absorbed.

If you have a cholesterol problem it won't be from your diet, it'll be from other aspects of your lifestyle. That's why statins get prescribed, because they tackle the cholesterol problem at source: liver synthesis.
>>
>>38725250
What are you doing to warm up now? Probably just do more of whatever that is. I do a little circuit of 3 rounds of 20 each goblet squats, push ups and band pull aparts to warm up
>>
>>38726735
Fruit dude, its the perfect poop formula fibre sugar and water
>>38726985
Yes also how/why did your dad break your leg?
>>38727018
yes
meme
miːm/Submit
noun
an element of a culture or system of behaviour passed from one individual to another by imitation or other non-genetic means.
>>
>>38727685
Are they being perscribed by a doctor for a legitimate reason? If no, they're snake oil. Use the money on something else.
>>
>>38723578
I use two old belts and the plates from my dumbell set. I started putting a towel between my back and the belt when it started leaving marks on my skin.
>>
>>38726673
Doing overhead press and bench press on the same day is going to compromise one of your lifts and you're not going to be able to progress optimally. Doing cleans or rows or chinups or whatever your program has for back, on the same day as deadlifts, is also going to compromise your progress on one of those lifts.
>>
How do I NOT lose all my muscles when cutting?
>>
Is it true that a 700ml bottle of vodka contains 1500 calories? I should probably stop binge drinking
>>
>>38729705
1. High intensity strength routine with the main lifts and other heavy compounds. Do as many assistance lifts as your energy levels allow you.
2. If you're trying to diet down to 10% bf or below, lose weight at a rate of 0.5-1kg per week.
>>
>>38729725
If it's 80 proof/40% (which vodka usually is) I'd be around 280g of pure alcohol. 1g of alcohol has about 7 calories. 280*7=1960.
Almost 2000 empty calories, that are killing your gains and making you flabby.

Stop drinking.
>>
File: image.jpg (25KB, 343x343px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 343x343px
Is it true that chewing gum regularly can help out with your jaw, and if so what gym should I be looking for
>>
>>38729883
*what gum should I be looking for
>>
How much fat is required daily to preserve normal hormone function?
>>
What are some good weekly progression routines where I can consistently add 5lbs weekly to my lifts but also focus on getting big?

I've read that a split is much better than just adding accessories to a pl routine but can I still get very strong doing a split?

What are my options if I can lift 4x week max?
>>
>>38728806
Just do this but bench instead of squat http://www.smolovjr.com/smolov-squat-program/
>>
Hey /fit/

Tl;dr stopped sports, got fat. Want to go back to the gym to lose fat first, ideally move onto buffing up a bit.

I cant really find clear answers on what exercises to do at the gym, for cardio Ill just go with the threadmill or rowing machine (whatever I feel like that day), but what weight exercises should I do? I was planning on going some 3-4 days a week for 1-2 hour sessions if it makes a difference.
>>
What is the best split arrangement so that i can work each muscle more than once a week?

Push Pull?
ABAxABx
>>
>>38729939
You'll be told SS + GOMAD. Or in your case cut out the GOMAD and cut first.
>>
>>38729908
You can still get strong but you will get stronger faster doing a PL routine, you will still get big doing a PL routine with extras do whatever you like we all die anyway
>>
Should I grow my own Spirulina for some high quality, cheap protons?
>>
Would the Lvysaur workout on reddit be better than SL for a beginner? Does it matter?
>>
>>38717896
Is it drinking culture that makes you want to drink?

Or are you suffering withdrawl?

If it's the former then just man the fuck up and don't drink.

If it's the latter seek professional help.
>>
>>38717896
Be careful bro, alcohol is one of the few withdrawls that could actually kill you, if you see a doctor they can prescribe some withdrawl drugs
>>
>>38729939
read the sticky you lazy cunt

>>38729952
please don't enable help vampires who refuse to read the sticky.

>>38730108
Do Phraks GSLP

Lvysaur's workout isn't that good
>>
beginner here

first time dead lifting two days back 3 sets of 10,210 pounds

how do I know if my lower back is sore or I bought myself a one way ticket to snap city
>>
>>38730319
Are you asked what the difference between soreness and pain is?
>>
>>38730345
what?
but now that u made a comparison I am starting to think it's pain
>>
Learning box for 1,5 months, I wrap my hands correctly, is it normal if my wrist joint hurts for all the day? My friend said he doesn't feel it never
>>
>>38730351
In my experience pain limits range of motion with stabs of pain and tenderness. Soreness is fairly dull and constant.

>>38730353
Punching technique might be off, if your wrists aren't straight that'll cause discomfort
>>
How do I learn to snatch or clean? Every time I do it with the bar alone I always notice that I'm helping out with my hands. I deadlift 120kg but my max "clean" I have been able to get on my clavicles was 50kg. I'm struggling a lot with balance.

Do I actually need weightlifting shoes and a coach just to learn the lifts properly?
>>
File: have you tried trying.jpg (130KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
have you tried trying.jpg
130KB, 768x768px
>>38730416
Evidently you do.

I only know one guy who taught himself Oly lifts. And he's really strong anyway and was autistic about practice and filming himself and comparing it to proper form etc. He was lifting twice a day 6 days a week.
>>
>>38730468
Damn, really don't have the money to switch to an oly gym and find a coach right now. Guess I'll be practicing by myself for a little bit longer and get a coach when my budget allows it.
>>
>>38730507
Why do you want to make the switch?
>>
>>38730551
The gym I'm currently lifting at doesn't allow "dropping weights", so I always have to slowly lower the weight down or use the safeties on the squat rack, just to get the weight down again.
>>
>>38730577
I meant what's caused you to want to do oly lifts?

If it's because it looks fun then fair enough. If you want it for a training goal like explosive power there are other things you can do until you are able to switch gym.
>>
>>38730594
>explosive power there are other things you can do
tell me please
>>
File: cheatyleverages.jpg (123KB, 697x889px) Image search: [Google]
cheatyleverages.jpg
123KB, 697x889px
>>38730602
Speed work, jump squats, lifting off pins, plyometrics (box jumps and stuff), speed work with chains/added resistance bands to change the power curve throughout the lift. It's a little more difficult to program but possible to induce similar training responses.

Good port of call to start would be googling plyometric training. Especially since you aren't that strong yet (based on 120kg deadlift)
>>
How many proteins does the greek yogurt you guys eat have? I went to my local store and found 5,5g/100
>>
>>38730594
I actually do it for fun but I'd like to compete in some regional amateur events or even on a national level one day. Since I'm already 21 and only been working out for a year and don't plan on using PEDs I'm not getting my hopes up to ever compete on a pro or international level.
>>
Can sleeping too much or lack of sleep influence my cutting?
>>
>>38730723
yes
>>
>>38730640
Ah fair enough.

My mate who self taught bought his own oly bar and bumper plates and set it up in his garage. Dunno if your circumstances would allow that though
>>
>>38730723
It'll influence your rate of muscle loss primarily. Lack of sleep can lead to stress and increased cortisone production
>>
When do I take creatine? How many months into lifting and how many times? I need info please
>>
>>38730973
Start now. 5g every day. Just add it to your protein shake, timing is unimportant.
>>
Any reason not to drop the volume a little early on stronglifts?
The programme recommends stalling and deloading twice before dropping to 3x5. I've stalled once on squats and deloaded 10% but on account of this being a pretty small deload it isn't much of a break - it's at the point where squats have become very time consuming and are taking away from the rest of the workout and my motivation.
Would dropping the volume for squats early have any significant disadvantage?
>>
>>38731093
Volume is king when it comes to building muscle.

You don't have to do squats first if you think they are tiring you out. If it's a time thing primarily then I'd recommend you switch to GSLP
>>
File: greyskull workout v2 phrak .png (73KB, 547x465px) Image search: [Google]
greyskull workout v2 phrak .png
73KB, 547x465px
My hips are pretty large compared to my arms so I'm thinking about adding curls to the workout.
Bad idea? Good idea?
When should I do them?
I've only been working out for a month, please don't bully
>>
>>38731231
I just do several sets of barbell curls after every workout if I can be bothered.

So my recommendation is to do that
>>
got my blood tested this week and got the results.

i'm confused a bit, though.

it basically tells me:

TSH "4.9mU/l (!)"
and it just says
"testosterone" is "8.9 (!)"

my question is, 8.9 what? what unit? i can't check if it's normal if i don't know what they're measuring in.
>>
>>38731260
It doesn't make any sense. Call the lab/physician that did the test.

Measurement is usually in ng/dL, so 8.9 really doesn't make sense based on normal ranges.
>>
>>38731202
If I'm not wrong GSLP only has you doing 3 sets of squats twice a week with one set being taken to failure - so it's marginally more volume than SL 3x5 but one less day a week. Is that better than squatting 3 times a week on 3x5?
>>
>>38731270
could it be that it's in mol/l? i'm Dutch, so maybe they prefer that here? it's really the exclamation mark that's worrying me.
>>
My question is do i need to take a rest day? I'm doing a strength based program, I eat 6 good meals a day, my supplement list includes: Protein, Creatine, Bcaa's, glutamine, Omega + Multi's. So if my nutrition, rest and supplementation is sufficient can I just workout everyday?
>>
>>38715834
been lifting for about a month and a half now. why do i injure my back with squats and deadlifts nearly every other week? shit is getting old. im using good form -- ive recorded it. im almost at the point of just saying fuck it and switching to leg extensions and leg press.
>>
>>38731294
post form
>>
>>38731277
Last set on squatting on any day is AMRAP. Lifting 3x5 will be with heavier weight so volume should level out. I'd still try and squat 3 times a week though.

>>38731284
Maybe, more likely to be nMol/l. Ask them.

>>38731294
You're weak and/or your form isn't as good as you think it is.
>>
>>38731248
alright, thanks!
>>
>>38731315
So if I swap to SL 3x5 for squats but leave my other lifts at 5x5 a little earlier than the programme suggests I should be fine? especially if I take my last squat set to failure?
>>
>>38731315
>You're weak and/or your form isn't as good as you think it is.

now that i think about it, this is probably correct. i'm 5'9 148 lbs, squatting 140 lbs. my legs can (barely) handle it but it seems my back can't. should i just drop weights to like 120-130 and slowly work my way back up?
>>
>>38731315
i called, it was indeed in nmol/L. apparently the normal range is 9-36 nmol/L (corresponds to 260-1080ng/dl) and i'm just barely below that (that's why the exclamation mark was there).

is having test this low hurting me? i haven't been making many gains since i started going to the gym half a year ago.
>>
>>38731346
Yeah you'll be okay.

>>38731347
What are you deadlifting? If your back can't handle it deadlift more, practice squatting more and check you are using the cues for tightening your core and back.

>>38731361
It won't be helping but a complete lack of gains is more likely to be from poor programming and diet.
>>
>>38731231
You would be better off doing a couple of extra sets of 10 of bench, OHP, rows or chins at a lower weight e.g. 60% 1rm. Curls do very little
>>
>>38731410
Heavy barbell curls 3 times a week are a good isolation and stimulated enough hypertrophy that my biceps had the beginnings of a good peak after a few months.

Isolations for any bodypart are brilliant accessories if compounds aren't giving you the results you want.
>>
>>38731445
i forgot to add, a lot of arm size comes from the triceps so doing dumbbell presses are also not a waste of time.
>>
>>38731407

> It won't be helping but a complete lack of gains is more likely to be from poor programming and diet.

i'm just doing GSLP and i count every single thing i eat, getting enough protein and sleep, the works.

but my lifts are:
OHP: 48.5kg x5
Bench: 65kg x5
Squat: 75kg x5
Deadlift: 110kg x5

believe me, i'm giving it my all in the gym, but i just struggle for weeks to add 5 kg to any lift.

i've heard that while it's not the extreme effect of anabolic steroids, having higher test within the normal range does help.
>>
File: 18.png (45KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
18.png
45KB, 250x250px
New thread lads:

>>38731467
>>38731467
>>38731467
>>38731467
>>
>>38731464
A higher volume program might work better for you than GSLP then.

Speak to your GP about a test booster though if that's something available with dutch health care.
Thread posts: 367
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.